2014 membership - 13,478 as of 11/8/14

Remove this Banner Ad

i got a call around 10 in the morning today, but our phone has been playing up for the past few days. i really hope it wasnt a player calling me about my membership. :mad:

I don't think they call everyone. Just pick names from a list. Some get lucky.

I never got a call.
Doubt international calls are in the budget, Sunny.

I auto renew so I don't think I've ever been called, Not that I answer my phone at work anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

All signed up, family of four silver reserved. The kids feed thing, two for one, is a good innovation.
With more day and twilight games in 2014, rather than just being a single membership they got 4 from me.
I think the day and twilight slots work on the Gold Coast to get bigger crowds, ie families with kids...
Plus heat in day or twilight sun is an advantage surely

20,000 members all holding out for a player call.....that's pretty funny..:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 500k on the Gold Coast, surely that is enough to support 2 national sports teams with 25k members each? The major problem the club will always struggle with, same problem the Titans are facing, is the locals not buying into the club. And unfortunately history has shown us locals don't easily buy into local GC teams. Fingers crossed the AFL and the Suns continue to create a brand that crack our fickle locals here on the Goldy.
yea true.. however, the population of the GC has gotten alot bigger since the previous failed attempts of AFL n League.. the big thing is in QLD it seems that your team has to be winning and successful on the footy field to get numbers thru the gate. e.g brisbane lions when they won premier ship 3 years running were getting good numbers.. now.... its a di
So I'm sure this year we will see bigger crowds as we win more.
Is there any wagers going on with GWS this year over membership ie who gets the most? would be a nice tradition to keep
did bluey ever wear the togs?

We have 500k on the Gold Coast, surely that is enough to support 2 national sports teams with 25k members each? The major problem the club will always struggle with, same problem the Titans are facing, is the locals not buying into the club. And unfortunately history has shown us locals don't easily buy into local GC teams. Fingers crossed the AFL and the Suns continue to create a brand that crack our fickle locals here on the Goldy.

25,000 members each (10% of the total population) would be wishful thinking at this point.

yea true.. however, the population of the GC has gotten alot bigger since the previous failed attempts of AFL n League.. the big thing is in QLD it seems that your team has to be winning and successful on the footy field to get numbers thru the gate. e.g brisbane lions when they won premier ship 3 years running were getting good numbers.. now.... its a di
So I'm sure this year we will see bigger crowds as we win more.

I see what you are saying but I think Brisbane and the Gold Coast are two very different markets. Brisbane has history and will draw fans that claim to be life long supporters regardless of on field performances. No doubt success will draw a lot of fans to the game for the first time on the but it won't be the main reason for the core following on the Gold Coast. You have to consider that Rugby League is still the dominant sport on the Gold Coast. However, the Titans didn't arrive until 2007 and majority of Gold Coast RL fans already had a team they supported in the NRL. The Titans did a good job of converting quite a few of these fans but lost them not long after. These RL fans usually don't have an allegiance in the AFL and would look favourably on a Gold Coast team.

Couple that with the strategic youth takeover by the club and the Suns will easily be the most supported Gold Coast team in 5-7 years. The high percentage of Victorians moving to the Gold Coast also helps.

Currently at 9834 which isn't bad I guess. I think by round 2 we will have gone over 10k. A win in rd 1 should see this happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back