2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't worry about the fixture. If you're good enough you win the premiership. I'd rather be facing tough opposition in tough circumstances throughout the minor round because it's good preparation for finals. I can't remember whether our fixture in 2004 was good, bad or indifferent. It didn't matter, we were the best team. We won the flag. Last year Hawthorn had a harder fixture than anyone. It didn't matter. They were the best team and they won the flag.
I need to take this advice

The crows finishing third in 2012 with a easy fixture and the then getting i think the forth easiest in 2013, i guess im saying i wish we were looked after like that. Or is it a different system now?

Missing our first home game due to brother in laws wedding in Vegas. s**t timing but could be worse.

So you have either lost your sister (condolences) , or your sister has divorced your brother in law and despite that you guys are good mates. Sounds like if its not an Elvis wedding its not worth the cost - of missing a port home game.

What is this bullshit drip feed from the AFL?? Just release the bloody thing in one hit. Are the AFL that much of media tarts and desperate for attention?

Or it's his wife's brother. :)

I knew I forgot some combo. But still gotta do an Elvis wedding if you are going all the way to Vegas.

Richmond to get 14 games at the MCG.

Double up 'blockbusters' against Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood (all on FTA Prime Time no doubt).

1 game at Etihad.

It's a good thing they shine on the big stage.

The crows will have a decent start to the season. The AFL will give them some easy games early to build some momentum the way they did with them in 2012 and with us in 2013.
They did nothing for us in 2013. They were hoping to give Melbourne early momentum. Look at the draw. Melbourne were going to make the 8. We were bottom four fodder. It ended up giving us momentum by default.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL are seriously banking on Richmond making the finals. Outside of Hawthorn, none of the other Big Melbourne teams look like challenging. This is why they are pushing so hard for Big Vic clashes early in the season, get the crowds up whilst Coll/Carlton still have hope. Essendon is still an unknown.
They'll do their best to fix that

Anyone think we might get an ANZAC day/night showdown?

Port home showdown on ANZAC Day... I'm thinking another record crowd to be made.

They did nothing for us in 2013. They were hoping to give Melbourne early momentum. Look at the draw. Melbourne were going to make the 8. We were bottom four fodder. It ended up giving us momentum by default.

Hard to argue with Melbourne, GWS, Adelaide, Suns not being a fairly soft starting draw. That's 3 of bottom 5 teams

Anyone think we might get an ANZAC day/night showdown?

Port home showdown on ANZAC Day... I'm thinking another record crowd to be made.

No chance

Third year in a row we start the season interstate. Kenny does not know what round 1 at home looks like.

Also getting a bit annoyed that again we play in Perth in either round 1 or round 22. Just seems to happen to Port often

Third year in a row we start the season interstate. Kenny does not know what round 1 at home looks like.

Also getting a bit annoyed that again we play in Perth in either round 1 or round 22. Just seems to happen to Port often

Short memory. We haven't played in Perth Rd 1 since 2007 - great win and start to the year at a venue we have more than a 50% win loss ratio. Last time we played the final game of the year in Perth before last year, was 2006 and it didn't matter as we only won 8 games that year. Rd 22 2013 was the second last round for the year - we played Carlton the week after at Footy Park with our Magpies jumper.

The reason for this is something to do with Vic clubs not wanting to travel in the last round before finals (so they all play each other) and the Adelaide/Perth teams will play each other. It would have made more sense for derbies to be played but the teams didn't want to play such a high intensity match before finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back