2015 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Port's performance is taking the wind out of their more arrogant supporters sails. Before our game against them had one of theirs tell me I was dumb because I mistakenly believed that Freo were a better side and that it was only ports fitness that got over freo last year.

Who's the dumbarse now?
Should go bump the preview and gamely threads on their board then. They were atrocious

In all honesty I rated eagles at 12th.
It could be said that where you currently sit is as much a reflection of draw peculiarities wherein likely top four clubs have played off against each other early in the season.
Although your draw is as soft as I have ever seen, it is a combination of you beating weak sides and genuinely strong clubs bashing it out in the early rounds.
For example; Freo have played both PORT and SYDNEY while both those clubs have also played each other. The other main contender, Hawthorn however has only met Port thus far but plays Sydney this week. It highlights again that the ladder won't settle until these teams get a run at the other clubs, including eagles.

starts this week with eagles v geelong

West Coast so far...

Rd 1 - Lost to Bulldogs - free wheeling offensive game with both sides lacking defensively
Rd 2 - Beat Carlton - bottom 4 side probably the worst footy club going around over the last few years
Rd 3 - Lost to Freo - should of been 100 points
Rd 4 - Beat Brisbane - bottom 4 side
Rd 5 - Beat GWS - easily their most impressive win
Rd 6 - Beat Port - at the time was a good win but in hindsight not so great as Port have been beaten by Brisbane and Richmond in recent weeks
Rd 7 - Beat St Kilda - bottom 4 side

Their fans are delirious and narrow minded. The bubble is going to burst eventually but I would place them to finish 7th - 9th. Their massive percentage will help.

Is Malthouse really so stupid that he can't even see how much he's damaging his club? Or is he simply the most arrogant and selfish person in the history of sport? Sadly, I think it's the latter.

He quite obviously doesn't care and from his point of view why should he voluntarily give up a contract in the high 6 figures? He's almost old enough to retire, I wouldn't be throwing money away at that stage.

He quite obviously doesn't care

Well, that's a shame.

and from his point of view why should he voluntarily give up a contract in the high 6 figures? He's almost old enough to retire, I wouldn't be throwing money away at that stage.

If you had any respect for the club and it's tens of thousands of members, you would. But, you'd have to be gutsy enough to admit that you'd taken a side that wanted to challenge for a flag and comprehensively stuffed it up. Malthouse does not possess that type of intestinal fortitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that's a shame.

If you had any respect for the club and it's tens of thousands of members, you would.

The club signed a contract and he has every right to make them honour it. If he was an employee in any other organisation everybody would expect his employer to honour the terms of his contract.

I find the lack of critical analysis by their supporters in general quite astounding. They're talking up their flag chances having only beaten bottom sides...oh well why change the habits of a lifetime.
Really?

I've seen very few supporters thinking we will make top 4 let alone challenge for a flag. Still plenty who aren't convinced we will make finals. Anyone with a functioning brain can see we've played predominantly bottom sides and the biggest challenges are still ahead of us

I find the lack of critical analysis by their supporters in general quite astounding. They're talking up their flag chances having only beaten bottom sides...oh well why change the habits of a lifetime.

They are a real chance to drop the next three games.
I now have wc finishing 10th on ten wins.

They still play a few of those teams again, so plenty of wins for them to come.
Six more wins needed for 7th or 8th (you'd think). Our only 'gimme' games left are Gold Coast and Saints. I think we will beat Adelaide at home and Bulldogs at home. Melbourne away will be tricky, but again winnable. That leaves two more wins to make finals (giving leeway in case we blow one of the aforementioned games). I can see 12 or 13 wins, assuming we don't drop our bundle.

Really?

I've seen very few supporters thinking we will make top 4 let alone challenge for a flag. Still plenty who aren't convinced we will make finals. Anyone with a functioning brain can see we've played predominantly bottom sides and the biggest challenges are still ahead of us

You obviously don't listen to 882, read the comments on Barra's Footy Wash Up on the West's web site, or read the comments on Perth Now and the Eagles' Facebook page. Apparently Freo are flat track bullies because they haven't beaten anyone above them on the ladder this year, Priddis is going to win the Brownlow again this year regardless off Fyfe being injured or suspended, Duggan or Sheed will win the Rising Star and the Eagles should win the derby GF this year because they are proven Grand Final winners.

Of course what Yeo did was in the play and should be thrown out, whilst Nat Fyfe should have gotten 3 weeks for that dog act trip.

Last edited:
You obviously don't listen to 882, read the comments on Barra's Footy Wash Up on the West's web site, or read the comments on Perth Now and the Eagles' Facebook page. Apparently Freo are flat track bullies because they haven't beaten anyone above them on the ladder this year, Priddis is going to win the Brownlow again this year regardless off Fyfe being injured or suspended, Duggan or Sheed will win the Rising Star and the Eagles should win the derby GF this year because they are proven Grand Final winners.

Of course what Yeo did was in the play and should be thrown out, whilst Nat Fyfe should have gotten 3 weeks for that dog act trip.
Oh please, you made that all up.

I fail to see an issue with any of that:p

Truth be told I don't frequent any if those Harry so wouldn't know and I'd hope that it's people taking the piss.

And I did say functioning brain which rules out most of the people who frequent the places you mentioned

Truth be told I don't frequent any if those Harry so wouldn't know and I'd hope that it's people taking the piss.

And I did say functioning brain which rules out most of the people who frequent the places you mentioned

Morons is the target market for eagle radio and Channel eagle and that is the sort of tripe they go for, I understand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back