Rumour 2020 Draft Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

4260CD8D-23ED-4A73-977D-79A63B0906C4.png Going by this I expect Hollands to be pick 1. Also expect Thilthorpe to slide closer to crows next pick. There is rumours from people within the know suggesting Hollands will be crows first pick.

All i know is reef is not interested in essendon and only wants to play for the pies for helping him for years plus if an interstate teams like the crow's bid on him he would just ask to be traded back to the pies as he wants to be near his family. But Essendons nga kids Cody Brand and Josh Eyre must have huge upside to have interest from about 5 clubs to be bid on in the second round 30ish. Newchurch might get bid in the second or third round.

Nah mate, I've heard different.
He's a huge bombers fan and would be over the moon if gets picked there too.

All i know is reef is not interested in essendon and only wants to play for the pies for helping him for years plus if an interstate teams like the crow's bid on him he would just ask to be traded back to the pies as he wants to be near his family. But Essendons nga kids Cody Brand and Josh Eyre must have huge upside to have interest from about 5 clubs to be bid on in the second round 30ish. Newchurch might get bid in the second or third round.
After all the NGA guys in the first round, 44 becomes about 39-40, so we can definitely match the first bid outright if its in the 30's. We have two future 3rds that we can use to go into defecit for the other one.

View attachment 1023160Going by this I expect Hollands to be pick 1. Also expect Thilthorpe to slide closer to crows next pick. There is rumours from people within the know suggesting Hollands will be crows first pick.

If Thilthorpe is the last of the fantastic 5 at the Sun's pick, he's not getting to pick 6.

Sun's have lack of ruck depth, lack of key position forward depth after clearing out 2MP's bloated contract. He's a perfect fit for the Sun's list.

Tough luck to the club that drafts Henry, he won't be there long.

If a player requested a trade 'home' after only 2 seasons when they literally live 50 minutes away then the 'homesickness' excuse has officially jumped the shark. Most country footballers drive further than that to train and play every Saturday while holding down full time jobs and supporting a family during the week.

Essendon and crow's should think twice about bidding on reef as he doesn't want anything to do with essendon/crows or any other afl team after the interviews as apparently hes a real loyal type of kid who wants to repay the pies back for helping him with his injuries and developing him. I'm hearing from my afl team staff member that we're very interested in both essendon (NGA'S) Cody Brand and Josh Eyre with our second round pick or a future 2nd to replace some oldies as we love bidding on nga's hey Brisbane. There's also a handful of teams like the dees, roos, port, hawks, freo that are into cody and josh who most have second round picks before essendons pick 44.
Have you heard what we might do with our first pick?

Melbourne and Richmond reportedly looking to actively trade their top 30 picks according to The Age's Daniel Cherny. Richmond apparently keen to move their pick 17 into the 2021 draft.

Looks like Richmond will be using next year's draft as the basis for their next flag tilt to complement the young talent they already have

Isnt McInnes a Essendon supporter? Ive read that somewhere.

If Thilthorpe is the last of the fantastic 5 at the Sun's pick, he's not getting to pick 6.

Sun's have lack of ruck depth, lack of key position forward depth after clearing out 2MP's bloated contract. He's a perfect fit for the Sun's list.

Considering the Suns just got rid of a 200cm inbetween player I am surprised at how keen you are to draft another one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering the Suns just got rid of a 200cm inbetween player I am surprised at how keen you are to draft another one.
Need to compare agility , speed , endurance and height , not just height .
Look at Sydney get rid of Nankervis and up until now still looking for ruckmen or trade in from Eagles .

Any rumours about who will be pick 12 for freo?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Freo normally play their cards close.

However journos Mark Duffield, Jordan McArdle and Kim Hagdorn have indicated that Heath Chapman is on the radar. Matt Balmer from Foxfooty had Oliver Henry in mock draft with Cook being a possibility. Twomey has mentioned McRae, Cook and Oliver as players Freo are keen on. Caleb Poulter is also said to be in the mix as well.

Having said all that, knowing Freo, it will probably be none of the above.

Essendon and crow's should think twice about bidding on reef as he doesn't want anything to do with essendon/crows or any other afl team after the interviews as apparently hes a real loyal type of kid who wants to repay the pies back for helping him with his injuries and developing him. I'm hearing from my afl team staff member that we're very interested in both essendon (NGA'S) Cody Brand and Josh Eyre with our second round pick or a future 2nd to replace some oldies as we love bidding on nga's hey Brisbane. There's also a handful of teams like the dees, roos, port, hawks, freo that are into cody and josh who most have second round picks before essendons pick 44.

Essendon will bid on who they want, when they want. If a club wants to bid early on our NGA kids out of spite, so be it. This is the AFL, not a local pub league. If we rate a player highly that warrants a bid at our picks, do it. If collingwood want to trade 14 and their future 1st for pick 8 to ensure we don't do that, put the offer on the table.

This from the age yesterday suggesting these rumours about Essendon interested in Reef... may not be all its cracked up to be..

View attachment 1023175

Well anything is Possible.

Yes they might be using it to do the Trade with us for Pick 9 so they can get another 1st Rounder Next Year

McDonald and Hollands both have family in SA so could be either based off that comment.
Yeah but who has mates from playing in other sporting codes whilst living in SA. Which one has friend on crows list. The answer is Holland’s. Furthermore he’s crows fan so zero go home factor.

Crows & Pies will do a pick swap.
9 & 23 to Pies.
14 & 16 to Crows.
Some future picks between both clubs will be swapped to sweeten the deal.
Nah crows will look to upgrade pick 9. They are only planning picking up 4 players. There is 2 NGA on their sights as well.

That is the worry. I mean I could be wrong but in the last few interviews he has made a point of stating how much he wants to stay in Victoria, even talking up how impressed he was with Hawthorn and what a great club they are.
He also said Mathew Nicks was absolutely impressive. I think the Hawthorn stuff is just him laying groundwork for where he thinks he's going.

You may find Crows may look to trade up. It also depends who GC have their sights on. I heard they are interested Cox. Thilthorpe is rumoured to be on the slide closer to crows pick 9.

Not really a rumour as such but based on recent interviews he has done Will Phillips looks like he is going to be a massive flight risk.
Phillips won’t get past hawks.
Crows- Hollands, Roos- McDonald, Sydney- DGB & Hawks- Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Back