List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Can already tell Schoenmaker is going to be one of those names that the Shakespearians of this board will butcher completely, similar to that of Hunter cLaRkE and co.

I've already seen Schoenmakers, Shoemaker, and Schonemakker.

Let's all say it together now;

S-C-H-O-E-N-M-A-K-E-R.

Ffs
Jack Stevens approves this post 👍

First impressions based on some minimal footage. Garcia reminds me of Jarrod Harbrow, gets away from the contest quickly and delivers with a neat left foot to advantage. I see a bit of David Mundy in Hastie, about the same height with good balance and a great step in traffic. From memory Mundy also started in defence when he was at Subiaco. Also the slight waddle and evasion skills of Wilson is very Lenny like. He also has that steely look of Lenny. Maybe all wishful thinking on my behalf, so we will see how they all progress.

Can already tell Schoenmaker is going to be one of those names that the Shakespearians of this board will butcher completely, similar to that of Hunter cLaRkE and co.

S-C-H-O-E-N-M-A-K-E-R.

Ffs
Sconemakers

Can we nickname him The Baker?

S-C-H-O-E-N-M-A-K-E-R.

Ffs
Schumacher...

The way Hastie moves looks like he translate well to seniors and could probably slide into HBF without making the team weaker. Might be harder to get Wlison in. Probably has to play high HF where Owens and Phillipou have spots and unless they move into full time mid field spots probably hold them. Hastie probably only has to push out Clark or Stocker who are both fringe.
It's exciting Hastie has only just committed fully to footy in the last year, having played B'ball and cricket at a high standard.

His upside is pretty big

Henry and Dow will be in the team R1. Then you've got guys like Membrey, Jones, Hayes who weren't in the team for most part and hopefully will be available. Caminiti lost his spot late but has proven his wares.
So the kids we drafted will have to get in the queue. Bonner is ahead of them too as a proven AFL player, and Heath, Keeler, Hotton etc have a years development on the newbies.
With a decent injury run for once I think the young draftees will be at Sandy for most part, as they should be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree with your Hastie comments.
I love his highlight reel.
I think Wilson looks capable of forcing his way into seniors and I am sure Ross the Boss will be keen to get some games into him.
Our 2021 crop of draftees bar Adams have proven to be a success at the highest level and Phillipou looks the goods from the 2022 Draft
We need to have 2 more success stories from both the 22 & 23 drafts and we then should be seeing a great period of happy times for the RWB.
Looking forward to watching Henry also.
Next year's delisting could be interesting if the above comes to fruition

Getting genuine pressure on spots now. Usually first round draft picks get fed in at some point in their first year.

To me guys that are getting games that are borderline on 2023 form are Clark, Byrnes, Sharman, Stocker, Cordy, Caminiti and Hayes. That's a very handy list of players and then you need to get games into a few from last year and that pressures spots like Butler, Membrey, Ross, Webster etc.

Dow probably pushes Ross straight out of the best 22. Henry puts pressure on guys like Higgins, Phillipou and Owens to keep standards high.

Van Es will be expecting games, Keeler would like a run. Hotton needs games. Hopefully we are going to be internally very competitive as well as externally.

Last edited:
First impressions based on some minimal footage. Garcia reminds me of Jarrod Harbrow, gets away from the contest quickly and delivers with a neat left foot to advantage. I see a bit of David Mundy in Hastie, about the same height with good balance and a great step in traffic. From memory Mundy also started in defence when he was at Subiaco. Also the slight waddle and evasion skills of Wilson is very Lenny like. He also has that steely look of Lenny. Maybe all wishful thinking on my behalf, so we will see how they all progress.
Wilson does remind me of Lenny Hayes

Henry and Dow will be in the team R1. Then you've got guys like Membrey, Jones, Hayes who weren't in the team for most part and hopefully will be available. Caminiti lost his spot late but has proven his wares.
So the kids we drafted will have to get in the queue. Bonner is ahead of them too as a proven AFL player, and Heath, Keeler, Hotton etc have a years development on the newbies.
With a decent injury run for once I think the young draftees will be at Sandy for most part, as they should be.
We’ll see what happens during preseason training & the practice matches…I’ll do a training report Monday for those that can’t make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back