List Mgmt. 2023 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key Trade & Draft Dates
Key Dates:

Trade Period, October 6–18
  • Restricted & Unrestricted Free Agency Period: Friday, October 6, 9am – Friday October 13, 5pm (bid matching ends Monday October 16, 5pm)
  • Trade Period (1), picks & players: Monday, October 9, 9am – Wednesday October 18, 7.30pm
Quiet Period, October 19–November 20
  • Trade Period (2), picks only: Monday, October 23, 9am – Friday November 10, 5pm
  • List Lodgement 1*: Tuesday, October 31, 2pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (1): Wednesday, November 1, 9am – Wednesday November 8, 5pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (2): Friday, November 10, 9am–5pm
  • List Lodgement 2*: Tuesday, November 14, 2pm
Draft Period, November 20–22
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Monday, November 20, time and venue TBA
  • Trade Period (3), picks only: Tuesday, November 21, 5.45pm–6.30pm
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Tuesday, November 21, 7pm until completion
  • Rookie Promotions: Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Wednesday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3.20pm
  • Final List Lodgement*: Thursday, November 23, 4pm
* List lodgement dates are yet to be made public, so are approximate based on past history and the requirements of the AFL Rules. When lists are lodged, the number of players on the list must not exceed maximum list sizes. At the same time, clubs must provide the AFL with estimates of total player payments in the current and following year, which must prove the club is not and will not exceed the salary cap. (AFL Rules 5.3, 6.1, 6.8, 7.2, 7.9)

Last edited:
If he's not injured then I would hope he plays. I'm going to assume he's legitimately injured.
Last week, he was a late withdrawal for a 'shoulder' issue he got against Richmond, that Simpson said he knew about "all week", and it turns out it's a compressed back fracture. So presumably it's both?

What? So you actively don't want players playing? Why have our guys play when it's unlikely we'll win the gf?

??

I feel like you've entirely misinterpreted my post.

People talk about Barrass' injury history like we don't have some players who have had nearly all those same injuries already and they're not even 24 yet.

If people knew what some of our players were dealing with they would need defibrillators.
A lot of players get over the injuries later in their career. Dawson had a lot of injuries in his first few years. Campbell, Gulden, Sheldrick, Konstanty etc all suffered injuries (basically due to playing against bigger bodies) but chances are they all get through them. Reid didn't get through his injuries and has had a s**t lesser career because of it.

You pointed out that Barrass has not - You described 3 injuries that has stop him from playing this year.
And we dont know what injuries our players are dealing with because unlike Barrass, they're not serious enough to stop them from playing,, not that you have any more of an idea about what injuries our players are dealing with than anybody else

A lot of players get over the injuries later in their career. Dawson had a lot of injuries in his first few years. Campbell, Gulden, Sheldrick, Konstanty etc all suffered injuries (basically due to playing against bigger bodies) but chances are they all get through them. Reid didn't get through his injuries and has had a s**t lesser career because of it.

You pointed out that Barrass has not - You described 3 injuries that has stop him from playing this year.
And we dont know what injuries our players are dealing with because unlike Barrass, they're not serious enough to stop them from playing,, not that you have any more of an idea about what injuries our players are dealing with than anybody else
Illness and hip flexor were responsible for keeping Barrass out of a combined three games this year. I know for a fact that Swans players have played games this year with the exact same circumstances. The only recurring injury in Barrass' entire injury history is his back - five years, 89 games, one premiership and an AA squad season apart.

Illness and hip flexor were responsible for keeping Barrass out of a combined three games this year. I know for a fact that Swans players have played games this year with the exact same circumstances. The only recurring injury in Barrass' entire injury history is his back - five years, 89 games, one premiership and an AA squad season apart.
how many intercept marks will he take this weekend?

No, you dont know for a 'fact'! unless you tell me you're mates with the Swans medical staff
And... you are not in a position to describe Barrass' medical history - you're not his doctor and you're not part of the Eagles medical staff

Please stop stating your opinions as 'fact.. and please stop stating your opinions as if you know more than others.... It's f**king annoying

Just a thought.

Maybe West Coast really need to off load him due to salary cap. Maybe we know this and are willing to take his full salary, but not for a first rounder. Maybe West Coast feel that will be tough to sell to supporters for a top line defender if fit. So he get a fairly serious injury and we take him off their hands cheaper as we can cite it.

He is injured, so like Hannebery easier to sell to supporters. We get the player we want, they get the salary cap relief. The supporters don’t riot 😂

🤷‍♂️

Just thought I’d throw it amongst the madness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im trying to put on ignore... Ive managed to before but had to un-ignore you as you dominated every single thread.
As a Spec mod, can you please help me put you on ignore?
Can't put mods on ignore

Just a thought.

Maybe West Coast really need to off load him due to salary cap. Maybe we know this and are willing to take his full salary, but not for a first rounder. Maybe West Coast feel that will be tough to sell to supporters for a top line defender if fit. So he get a fairly serious injury and we take him off their hands cheaper as we can cite it.

He is injured, so like Hannebery easier to sell to supporters. We get the player we want, they get the salary cap relief. The supporters don’t riot 😂

🤷‍♂️

Just thought I’d throw it amongst the madness
They need to offload cap space if they want to bring people in. Otherwise they need to wait a couple years.

I don't think they're desperate to offload Barras but they are pretty happy to

Surely with our key position players history of time spent in the rehab room we will be making sure that his medical testing pre-signature is pretty rigorous. This season was a perfect example of what can happen when your backline can't get on the field. You need continuity in defense, you need to know what the guy next to you will do without thinking about it. You need to build synergy so you know how to pick when to leave a player and come across to spoil, when to leave your man and trust that your direct opponent will be picked up by someone else.

I am not that fussed who we chase but just make sure it's someone durable that can improve the team please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back