List Mgmt. 2023 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key Trade & Draft Dates
Key Dates:

Trade Period, October 6–18
  • Restricted & Unrestricted Free Agency Period: Friday, October 6, 9am – Friday October 13, 5pm (bid matching ends Monday October 16, 5pm)
  • Trade Period (1), picks & players: Monday, October 9, 9am – Wednesday October 18, 7.30pm
Quiet Period, October 19–November 20
  • Trade Period (2), picks only: Monday, October 23, 9am – Friday November 10, 5pm
  • List Lodgement 1*: Tuesday, October 31, 2pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (1): Wednesday, November 1, 9am – Wednesday November 8, 5pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (2): Friday, November 10, 9am–5pm
  • List Lodgement 2*: Tuesday, November 14, 2pm
Draft Period, November 20–22
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Monday, November 20, time and venue TBA
  • Trade Period (3), picks only: Tuesday, November 21, 5.45pm–6.30pm
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Tuesday, November 21, 7pm until completion
  • Rookie Promotions: Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Wednesday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3.20pm
  • Final List Lodgement*: Thursday, November 23, 4pm
* List lodgement dates are yet to be made public, so are approximate based on past history and the requirements of the AFL Rules. When lists are lodged, the number of players on the list must not exceed maximum list sizes. At the same time, clubs must provide the AFL with estimates of total player payments in the current and following year, which must prove the club is not and will not exceed the salary cap. (AFL Rules 5.3, 6.1, 6.8, 7.2, 7.9)

Last edited:

Latest on the #1 pick saga:

It’s reportedly more likely the Eagles keep the No. 1 draft pick and draft consensus top prospect Harley Reid rather than trade the selection.

That’s according to Western Australian journalist Ryan Daniels, who noted it’d take an “overwhelming” offer for West Coast to part ways with the prized opening pick.

Strong media rumours that if they were to give up #1 it would only be to North who Eagles believe will be only team with enough potential early pick draft capital to make it worth their while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll repeat for the simpletons, Sheldrick did play football before he was drafted
If you know something about his school footy career, maybe just say so. It could well be relevant and useful to know.
The way you phrased it was open to having the mickey taken, and the board has not disappointed.

If you know something about his school footy career, maybe just say so. It could well be relevant and useful to know.
The way you phrased it was open to having the mickey taken, and the board has not disappointed.

Yes I know they’re just having a bit of fun, I did clarify about his pre draft injuries at the top of the page

1000% wines would be a great target. Brownlow medallist whose midfield minutes have been limited because of the young uns they have. He is only 28 and is a bull, not an explosive bull but an inside mid who can extract the ball out. In my view he is a gun who is being totally misused by Hinkley.
All of that said - I doubt he is gettable.

I’m more than happy to talk you through Gus’ school footy career in the PSA and WAFL - but I think the board tired of me telling those stories years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back