Autopsy 2023 Rd 11 It's Groundhog Day ... again

Who played well for the Blues vs the Swans in Round 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Please hear me out before you ban me….

As fierce rivals I’ve enjoyed Carlton’s current predicament over the last 10 years ….

But now it’s starting to frustrate me…

I was a massive sack Dimma advocate all the way up to 2016…. And I still don’t give him the credit for being the reason for our 3 flags.

And that’s the answer … Dimma was the problem that the club needed to fix and fixing Dimma actually fixed our club.
Surrounding him with people he could trust, with people who he could spread the responsibilities.
The micromanager become the motivator. Dimmas strengths as a person came through …

You are playing a lot like we played in 2016….

So what’s the answer?

The easiest thing to do is sack the Coach.

The Hardest thing to do is fix the issues that has plagued the previous coaches and now Voss.

Those above Voss need to take responsibility, and create an environment where coaches are given the support that they need.

Personally I thought sacking Bolton was a massive mistake… (he is now at Collingwood) because he was all about changing the culture …

Voss needs just as much support as your future coach will need if you sack him.

We were lucky because we had Balmey to steady the ship…
You need to find your Balmey…because you already have your Dimma.
I don't think you should be banned for that. Hard to argue with that tbh.

It's interesting that Voss is basically Teague now in pressers.

Every coach we get eventually turns into the same soulless husk of predictable clichés and excuses. There has to be a reason for this.

To be fair he did make some good points, he cant help it if we kick points. But there's something seriously wrong no doubt. Players look devoid of any confidence.

Golf is such a great game…. no one to blame but yourself when things go wrong
Is that what I've been doing wrong?

I've always laid blame on the course architect, the green keeper, the committee, the club captain, the dickhead pro giving me s**t lessons, the idiots in front playing too slow, and Taylor Made and Callaway for making rubbish clubs and balls that are not even ******* round.

I think it proves its hard to move from mid table. From the bottom you get draft picks / concessions. Once you're at the Top you can skillfully use trading to stay there. Teams with mid-table talent are in no mans land. And that's where we've been stuck for a long time.

Respectfully, I think that’s a cop out. Teams have risen fallen and risen again since our rebuild commenced. Our game plan is broken and we have failed to develop talent despite a plethora of high draft picks.

It’s all on the club.

we'll be fine - you are understandably hurt and upset by the loss but you'd be surprised how quick it can turn around - hope you don't live to regret your decision to turn your back on the club but as I said, I sort of feel your frustrations and emotional difficulties..........go blues!!
Who has stolen Thy’s account? Give it back. I miss hating him.

It's about what's beating in the chest as much as anything.

He loves the club and wearing the jumper in a way only a few others can truly understand.

He might not be the best player but he'll always give 100% of himself.

If we had 22 players who love the monogram the way he and SOS do we'd be unstoppable.
That's a cop out I reckon. How many premiership or even good teams have players who supported the team they are playing for?

But Teague was a mistake too??? He was an assistant under Bolton!!! So it’s not like the club didn’t know who Teague was before they appointed him.
And now Voss is a mistake?

It is possible to err on more than one occasion. Looking at our board there have been a few constants. Whoever backtracked on the Ross Lyon decision needs to move on pronto.

Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't be here but enjoy it
Oh Wick!
We all love you so much man.
All any of us have is now. We all don't know. We assume, we
hope and plan.
You know exactly how precious each moment is. Time has been changed in your life. A dutch friend told me the other day that in his home dialect, they don't have a word for death. They say 'passed out of time'.
I thought that was beautiful.

It is possible to err on more than one occasion. Looking at our board there have been a few constants. Whoever backtracked on the Ross Lyon decision needs to move on pronto.

But would even Ross Lyon be able to flourish at Carlton?
One of the most successful coaches in AFL history who built the eagles up to premierships … then the pies to grand finals … and rebuilt them again and won a flag, couldn’t.

No leadership amongst the playing group. Until they have hardened players who take the mantle of on field leaders, then they’ll continue to perpetuate the same mistakes.

As for the basic skills errors. Geez Louise. You watch collingwood and then you watch Carlton, and it’s chalk and cheese with the execution of kicks and handpasses.

They’re not going to fix their skills in a week. Not wil they find and cultivate an on field leader/ general.

I’ll happily go the early crow and declare no finals from here. Three more games, all in Melbourne, until the bye. If they keep dishing up this crap, the booing of the team from the Brisbane game will be magnified 10x.

But would even Ross Lyon be able to flourish at Carlton?
One of the most successful coaches in AFL history who built the eagles up to premierships … then the pies to grand finals … and rebuilt them again and won a flag, couldn’t.

Took the job for all the wrong reasons, was past his use by date and had zero patience for the task at hand.

Back