List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you Amon, though traded in on a free at the end of last year, Will Day, yep; Newcombe, yep; Nash is a triumph of attitude over ability; most Hawks fans really can't stand Worpel, he is an in and under only with crap disposal and sooks it up big time when he's not first choice (a faster slightly better version of Daunstan), Morrison is a waste of space, Long is a rooky pick that might still come good. Ward McKenzie, Husthwaite and Weddle are the future, add another first round mid and watch the Hawks fly in another two years, the kids all have running, foot skills and smarts, smarts being what Sam Mitchell is looking for when he is drafting or weighting his criteria for, not something the majority of Saints mids could ever be accused of.

It's time to roll the dice, yeah we'll have to be smart, but if it was me looking 3 years ahead Ross isn't in the plans, nor is Clark, Gresham, and Jones, Wood, DMac and Hill are about done, Windhager is an uncertain quantity as is Hotton and McLennan, it's going to take some better minds than mine to work out how to transfer from our current group to the next group. To borrow from Ange Postecoglou, I can't coach attitude. Anyone that isn't committed to getting the absolute best out of themselves, anyone not committed to the group goal should be out the door, the same with anyone that needs motivating or managing because they're primadonnas.
I'm not inside the club so I can only go by what I see, so Ross, Gresham, Hill and Clark even Steele are the top of the list. If anyone wants Howard they can have him too, ok we have to be respectful of where the list is at and we may need and couple of seasons to replace them, but even if players don't have the talent there is no reason why they can't produce effort. Apologies to guys playing with injuries.

We need to be feeding them in so that we don't have to start from bottom 4 again. We also have to draft them or recruit them to play them. I'm not as big a fan of Gags as others were. The list has some real structural issues and it's not an easy patch job unless we gets some absolute luck.

Some of the players being put up for us to get that are playing 2s footy is outrageous they are playing 2s for a reason, Bergman is a mid look at his u 18 season, playing down back at PA for his run and carry.

I told you weeks ago we are right into Liam Henry at Dockers is having a good game tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Some of the players being put up for us to get that are playing 2s footy is outrageous they are playing 2s for a reason, Bergman is a mid look at his u 18 season, playing down back at PA for his run and carry.

I told you weeks ago we are right into Liam Henry at Dockers is having a good game tonight.

Liam Henry is garbage mate

Gresh gets us a pick in the 20s.
GCS have a number of academy players from what I have read. Logic dictates talking with them as they will want later picks and off load players for list spots.
If Flanders is a good prospect then get him and maybe swap the Gres pick for a f2rdp.
Devon Robertson surely goes back to the West and maybe there is something that we can get from the WCE soon to be implosion. There are some 3 and 4th year players at GCS and Lions that may want to come home. Is Jarryd Lyon worth a look at from Bris? Or is he too old?
We got Crouch who has been our best get since Steele we need another good midfielder rather than take the lucky dip at pick 30 and wait 3 years to see if it pays off.
Clearly we keep drafting at the top end of our picks for quality and I reckon that with RTB back there will be a few players interested to join us than this time last year.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well from my completely not-in-the-know position it sure looks like Bergman will be heading home to Victoria. It's almost comical how much he's being talked up, Port taking the piss now if you ask me, trying to control the narrative and push up the price. Just hope we don't get caught up amongst the crapola.

It seems to have all the ingredients for a St Kilda trade period...

Exhibit A. Not targeting midfielders.

Exhibit B. Going after a half back flanker that may be able to transition into the midfield.

Exhibit C. Overpaying for said flanker.

Yeah, not gonna happen.
With what he’s showing, why would they.
Well probably get a Crouch type return - in which case I’d rather match if he’s on a more realistic contract.

He's too old imo, three years older than King and not good enough now to be guaranteed part of our next core. We should move him on and keep building the 22 and under group to come through with Max.

From the Herald Sun rich earners contract article

As a free agent Jade Gresham - $550-600k max contract player

……….

Jack Sinclair (99th highest paid), 28yo ($550-650k - contract expires end of 2024)

Jade Gresham (94), 25 (600-700k thankfully expires this year)

Brad Crouch (93), 29 (600-700k - contract expires end of 2025)

Rowan Marshall (70), 27 ($650-750k - contract expires end of 2027)

Max King (37), 22 ($725-825k - contract expires end of 2026)

Jack Steele (26), 27yo ($800-900k - contract expires end of 2026)

Brad Hill (18), 29 ($825-925k - contract expires end of 2025)

Gresh gets us a pick in the 20s.
GCS have a number of academy players from what I have read. Logic dictates talking with them as they will want later picks and off load players for list spots.
If Flanders is a good prospect then get him and maybe swap the Gres pick for a f2rdp.
Devon Robertson surely goes back to the West and maybe there is something that we can get from the WCE soon to be implosion. There are some 3 and 4th year players at GCS and Lions that may want to come home. Is Jarryd Lyon worth a look at from Bris? Or is he too old?
We got Crouch who has been our best get since Steele we need another good midfielder rather than take the lucky dip at pick 30 and wait 3 years to see if it pays off.
Clearly we keep drafting at the top end of our picks for quality and I reckon that with RTB back there will be a few players interested to join us than this time last year.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lyons is old and been pretty knocked up lately. Matt Crouch is probably that similar extractor mid who is young and would be free. Gresham for Flanders is at least something back. Selling players at their lowest point rarely works in your favour.

Well from my completely not-in-the-know position it sure looks like Bergman will be heading home to Victoria. It's almost comical how much he's being talked up, Port taking the piss now if you ask me, trying to control the narrative and push up the price. Just hope we don't get caught up amongst the crapola.

It seems to have all the ingredients for a St Kilda trade period...

Exhibit A. Not targeting midfielders.

Exhibit B. Going after a half back flanker that may be able to transition into the midfield.

Exhibit C. Overpaying for said flanker.

Not that I'm advocating but Bergman is a wingman turned HBF not the other way round. I've not seen much of Bergman this year but better judges say he's having a great year. It's a lot easier off HBF though.

To me he should be in our target list but not for overs. Handy not essential would be my call.

He's too old imo, three years older than King and not good enough now to be guaranteed part of our next core. We should move him on and keep building the 22 and under group to come through with Max.

Getting rid of 25 year olds is crazy. Because of poor drafting we hardly have anyone left from that mid tier. The old guys will go soon and then we'll still have the same issues. We had to sell off draft capital to back fill that age bracket with Howard, Butler, Snags types.

If your logic is solid it's the guys closer to 30 that aren't going to be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL wrong draft guy
LOL Yes thanks for the history lesson that i already knew , the point i was making that gresh's first two seasons were pretty impressive and if you looked at Bolton's first two they are chalk and cheese

Our midfield is terrible and the best clearance player in the comp is available.

We would be silly not to offer him big $$$View attachment 1721433

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

To me he is the number 1 priority player for us. Has the inside game but not an immobile slow insider only. He's got run and spread.

Free agent so only costs wages. I'd offer a million a year over 5 or something to get him over. Front load the shit out of it. If you get that deal done letting Gresham walk looks a lot less problematic structurally.

To me he is the number 1 priority player for us. Has the inside game but not an immobile slow insider only. He's got run and spread.

Free agent so only costs wages. I'd offer a million a year over 5 or something to get him over. Front load the s**t out of it. If you get that deal done letting Gresham walk looks a lot less problematic structurally.

He wouldn’t be interested in coming to us, what point of difference do we offer more the Essendon at least Geelong has that winning culture he desires.

Free agent so only costs wages. I'd offer a million a year over 5 or something to get him over. Front load the s**t out of it. If you get that deal done letting Gresham walk looks a lot less problematic structurally.
Agree. I'd probably pay even more than that given our midfield issues. Needs to be a massive offer way above anyone else.

Unless Gresh wants to leave or demands too much cash in the context of our list and his position on it (both plausible), we really should be holding onto him.

He’s our most eye-catching centre clearance player when given the chance, and is clearly talented though down on form. He plays a selfish position in the small forward role, and he could have the balance better but it’s also easy to demonise him.

I don’t love his blasting the ball forward (except from centre clearance), but, he’s still a valuable player who won’t bring much in for what he’d be leaving with. I’d like to think that with patience he’d fine his spot but who knows, certainly not I.

Not disastrous if we lose him by any means, but personally, at the end of the trade period you’d want the sum return to be pretty good & convincing. I’m not sure that TDK is, though I do believe he has upside.

Primo midfielders are what we need. We’ve done well eating our vegetables and hitting the draft the last two years and bringing in high quality young players, keep doing that please, or target young kids elsewhere who can come back, Sandy affiliations etc.

Mids mids mids. It’s so undeniable. We have to build about Phillipou, Windy, Owens and NAS in the middle. Only way we have sustained success in the next decade.

Another ruck, Bing and a KDP (though I have faith in Van Es) would be nice as well. Interested to see how it all plays out.
Would love to see them pull off something along the lines of the rumoured Whitfield trade. Take on his salary while getting a gun player we could really use and then hit the draft with 2 firsts to use on mids.

Add Owens/Pou/Whitfield and the two firsts to the midfield mix next season.

Look at Bing the following year when he’s out of contract and see where the midfield is at that point. If we’re comfortable with the midfield talent moving forward, then have a red hot crack at Bing.

100% should go for parish.

Also think RTB will want a tap ruckman.
Values first possession.
Saints Version 1.0
Had Gardiner, got King.
Drafted McEvoy.
Freo, had Sandilands, drafted Darcy.

Reckon he would love someone to tap it down, make existing mids look better.
Train Marshall preseason at CHB!

We need to make a big play like this. I’d even do 1m x 6 years to get him here. The deal would take him to 32. We’ll need to fend off Geelong if he doesn’t re-sign with a substantial offer.

Next four weeks will be loses for the Bombers and reality will set in. If he hasn’t re-signed by then, good chance he’ll be available at the end of the year.

It's a no brainer really.

Then trade in flanders for a future 3rd rounder.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

From the Herald Sun rich earners contract article

As a free agent Jade Gresham - $550-600k max contract player

……….

Jack Sinclair (99th highest paid), 28yo ($550-650k - contract expires end of 2024)

Jade Gresham (94), 25 (600-700k thankfully expires this year)

Brad Crouch (93), 29 (600-700k - contract expires end of 2025)

Rowan Marshall (70), 27 ($650-750k - contract expires end of 2027)

Max King (37), 22 ($725-825k - contract expires end of 2026)

Jack Steele (26), 27yo ($800-900k - contract expires end of 2026)

Brad Hill (18), 29 ($825-925k - contract expires end of 2025)
This stuff is hilarious 😂

Agree we should target Parish ruthlessly. We have the cash to be able to offer a fair bit more than most teams at the moment you'd think. By far the most suitable potentially available player for us I reckon.

Would love to see them pull off something along the lines of the rumoured Whitfield trade. Take on his salary while getting a gun player we could really use and then hit the draft with 2 firsts to use on mids.

Add Owens/Pou/Whitfield and the two firsts to the midfield mix next season.

Look at Bing the following year when he’s out of contract and see where the midfield is at that point. If we’re comfortable with the midfield talent moving forward, then have a red hot crack at Bing.
Depends on the club's timeline. Let's say Parish is $1M, Whitfield $950K and Bing $800K.
Lose Gresh $650K, JB $500K, Jones $650K, Dmac $300k plus trim some contracts like Coff's and we're there with 2x FRDPs

Next year Membrey, Ross and Doogs are off contract and the savings there will comfortably pay for Bing, whilst there was also $900k set aside for DeGoey this season which can go into the bucket.

It can be afforded. At some point players will have to take some unders but we'll have a crack at a premiership then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back