Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Still sulking over that?
Treloar is superior to Martin in every stat bar goals per game. Clearances, possessions,goal assists, tackles, efficiency. He even spends less time on the ground.
Stats only tell part of the story. Firstly, goals win games. Second, Martin is a devastating kick, Treloar an average one (hence he handballs more than he kicks). Martin's 60m bullet switch kicks set up countless attacks that don't register him a score assist.

I would not swap Martin for Treloar.

Whose protesting? Our spelling is GIANTS.

Why do the tiges where yellow? Tigers are either orange and black or white and black.
We wore yellow before coming up with the nickname Tigers.

The spelling is the same whether you use caps or not. It just seems to me that you're shouting, "We're GIANTS, everyone! Really we are! GIANTS! GIANTSGIANTSGIANTS!"

Sydney is a crowded marketplace and it's taken 30 years for them to even admit the Swans exist, so it's understandable.

I actually hope he stays. I hate the fact of clubs giving away everything they have to get one player. It would most likely be a Judd type deal to get him and looking back now the best thing that could of happened was Judd saying no to us.

If he did nominate us I would fear giving away 2 first rounders for him.

It seems this treloar deal has just turned in to a collingwood v Richmond clash

OK, Witts/Jetta/WC/Swans/Collingwood hypothetical.

Witts to Sydney.
Jetta to WC
Pick swaps obviously favourable to Collingwood.

WC's pick 15 to Collingwood.
Sydney's second rounder also traded to Collingwood, pick 34.

Pies gain picks 15 and 34 used to be packaged for Treloar and Hampton... Thoughts...?

Witts to Sydney.
Jetta to WC

Pies gain picks 15 and 34 used to complete other trades. Thoughts?
This IS a Treloar thread. You know this right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll find the exact same thing goes both ways...
So we lose two picks in the mid to high teens and pies two top ten picks, our picks are a lot less critical than a developing list like the pies. We have a list challenging for the cup and talented youth coming through that can't get a game.......

As you can see our first pick in the next two drafts is a small price to pay for Treloar compared to the pies.

Win win :D

Witts to Sydney.
Jetta to WC

Pies gain picks 15 and 34 used to be packaged for Treloar and Hampton... Thoughts...?
Love your work , Id go for it (but no other club would)

So we lose two picks in the mid to high teens and pies two top ten picks, our picks are a lot less critical than a developing list like the pies. We have a list challenging for the cup and talented youth coming through that can't get a game.......
As you can see our first pick in the next two drafts is a small price to pay for Treloar compared to the pies.

Win win :D
We still have Scharenberg and Freeman from 2013 to play. And taken into account the lower draft picks that we have turned into promising players, trading some high picks for proven talent is not so bad for us as you make it :) And any Richmond that says that those 2 picks means nothing, is delusional. You are not GWS that has draft picks in spades, you need them just as much as we do.

Witts to Sydney.
Jetta to WC

Stop with the inequitable scenarios.
Witts is not worth 15 and 34

I have to ask the obvious question here. What was he supposed to say? Assuming of course he was asked directly about AT.

Imagine how this would have gone down:

LC: Yeah we've been working to get his manager to sit down for talks for the best part of 4 months, but aren't making any headway so at this stage we're planning for life post Treloar.

Ostensibly with finals shot Cameron's role is to now sell hope for the future just as it is for 10 other clubs. Therefore whilst I'm not keen to get into the likelihood of him leaving or otherwise I just find it hard to believe that coaches and teammates would comment any other way publicly when you see what happens when people are honest ala Henderson...

I have to ask the obvious question here. What was he supposed to say? Assuming of course he was asked directly about AT.

Imagine how this would have gone down:

LC: Yeah we've been working to get his manager to sit down for talks for the best part of 4 months, but aren't making any headway so at this stage we're planning for life post Treloar.

I'm not keen to get too far into the likelihood of him leaving or otherwise more just observing that coaches and teammates are always going to make comment publicly along those lines especially when you see what happens when people are honest ala Henderson...
Plenty of things he could of said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back