Traded Adam Treloar [traded w/ #28 to Collingwood for #7, #65, 2016 first rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol witts worth a first and second rounder lel

Apparently lol...a reserve grade ruck who can't get a game in a side that needs a 2nd ruck is somehow worth the same as Paddy Ryder...somehow.

Apparently lol...a reserve grade ruck who can't get a game in a side that needs a 2nd ruck is somehow worth the same as Paddy Ryder...somehow.

Half right. We need a second ruckman in our best 22 like a hole in the head!

Half right. We need a second ruckman in our best 22 like a hole in the head!

You have been gifting Jesse White games all season long. Needless to say Witts is a decent player but he is not worth Paddy Ryder' type of deals. 2nd round alone is fine, couple of later upgrades. He definately is not worth a 1st and a 2nd rounder!

168835_08755c836dfb037064241c8e2d91e897.jpg

this is amazing

You have been gifting Jesse White games all season long. Needless to say Witts is a decent player but he is not worth Paddy Ryder' type of deals. 2nd round alone is fine, couple of later upgrades. He definately is not worth a 1st and a 2nd rounder!

Great tangent, but not really relevant. Witts is a first ruck that's it. Therefore he isn't getting games because he isn't as good as Grundy currently.

His place in the side literally has nothing to do with White because we are treacle slow with both Witts and Grundy in our 22 so can't afford to carry two first rucks. Hence you were half right.

In regards to Witts' value it's probably a pick around 20 and Madagascar is trolling everyone with his suggestions...

Star Giants youngster Adam Treloar seems almost certain to request a move to Collingwood, in preference to his other serious suitors Richmond and North Melbourne. The Giants will demand a steep price for Treloar, however, and if the Pies struggle to satisfy them, Richmond could try to re-enter the race.

That is what Sounds to be Correct that Collingwood is his 1st Choice but IF Collingwood don’t get Close to a Offer that GWS want then Tigers still would have a Chance of Stealing Him

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/trade-whispers-leuenberger-smith-in-giants-sights

Would take Plowman for a 2nd rounder any day of the week. Highly doubt Giants would let him go for that.
Plowman's contracted, like Hampton I can't see them really trading them off early doors. Especially a guy like Plowman who was a high pick. He's been unlucky with injury, I think they'd want to keep him around to see how he develops with an injury free run at things.

For some reason I thought the name was Townsend - who is off contract this year - and would be no more than a second rounder. (Most likely a DFA actually)

That is what Sounds to be Correct that Collingwood is his 1st Choice but IF Collingwood don’t get Close to a Offer that GWS want then Tigers still would have a Chance of Stealing Him

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/trade-whispers-leuenberger-smith-in-giants-sights
This is the same author that wrote this article.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-31/selwoods-set-to-double-at-geelong-in-2016

Meanwhile...

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...-with-the-eagles/story-fnjuhrxq-1227509187578

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same website that ran an article on the weekend that Rhys Palmer was off to carlton, 4 days later, re-signed for us. :$

Well then All Talk about Trades. Can’t be Taken Seriously Then

Well then All Talk about Trades. Can’t be Taken Seriously Then

That isn't exactly the point. More that taking it as gospel (as you appear to have) isn't the best approach because a number of these journos are essentially like you or I, with limited knowledge, and just making it up on the fly...

That isn't exactly the point. More that taking it as gospel (as you appear to have) isn't the best approach because a number of these journos are essentially like you or I, with limited knowledge, and just making it up on the fly...
It's only gospel if it benefits our own team or disadvantages another

Same website that ran an article on the weekend that Rhys Palmer was off to carlton, 4 days later, re-signed for us. :$
Let us know when you come across the more credible site than afl.com.au :thumbsu:

Great tangent, but not really relevant. Witts is a first ruck that's it. Therefore he isn't getting games because he isn't as good as Grundy currently.

His place in the side literally has nothing to do with White because we are treacle slow with both Witts and Grundy in our 22 so can't afford to carry two first rucks. Hence you were half right.

In regards to Witts' value it's probably a pick around 20 and Madagascar is trolling everyone with his suggestions...
You are way more realistic than Madagascar, but pick 20 is still far too high for Jarrod Witts. Deals for Hampson and the like from previous years are probably a reasonable guide. Especially with the other ruckman likely to be on the market this year.

You are way more realistic than Madagascar, but pick 20 is still far too high for Jarrod Witts. Deals for Hampson and the like from previous years are probably a reasonable guide. Especially with the other ruckman likely to be on the market this year.

I don't know about far too high. He's still young enough that clubs will pay a price for potential, IMO, but this is the last off-season the club could gain that value.

That being the case on production and type he's a 30-35 pick, but with age on his side he gets a little further currency. Ultimately the difference between the two views is what the club would have to weigh up if they have an interest in trading him.

I'm not keen to trade him myself, but even doing a deal doesn't guarantee us getting any closer to working a deal through for Treloar.

Its called building a culture. A lot of kids have already signed for less than they could get on the open market. I can see how this concept is lost on you.

Okay - that's fair enough I guess. That isn't culture that's just being a tight arse.

This is what u get when u have 2 footy journalists based in Sydney.Whenever the Melbourne journos get on the piss, develop gout or cant be bothered they pick a random Giants player and run a trade story. Beyond a joke.

He may want to stay, doesn't mean that's the best option for him and/or the club, like Cameron suggested at his presser.
I fail to see how Treloar leaving us benefits us.

Unless Ahearn or Hopper turn out to be as good as, or better than he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back