Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

If clubs start chasing contracted players then expect to pay at least fair trading value. Doesn't matter which club that is. If we go after Plowman or Tomlinson then we should be prepared to pay fair compensation. If the player is uncontracted then you have more bargaining power.

100%

Good to read some realism and logic.

Richmond fans (and others in other threads) think that posturing and beating your chest about what a player is worth and saying clubs should 'shut up and take this pick for this player' are kidding themselves. Richmond have little to no leverage here at all. You don't just pick up contracted players who you've courted all year long on the cheap, it's just not how things work.

Last edited:
I don't know how I want this to play out.
I'm not overly fussed about getting Yarran and I'm not overly fussed about losing Lennon.
I'm convinced he will end up a basket case for us.
Just whatever happens hope the clubs don't drag it all through the week and stuff up trade week.

Idk man.. I reckon you'll still not be able to land any players even if it does drag through the entire period.
Mate I don't care.
Just shits me when clubs are dickheads and potentially cost blokes the chance to move in later deals and effectively finish careers.

100%

Good to read some realism and logic.

Richmond fans (and others in other threads) think that posturing and beating your chest about what a player is worth and saying clubs should 'shut up and take this pick for this player' are kidding themselves. Richmond have little to no leverage here at all. You don't just pick up contracted players who you've courted all year long on the cheap, it's just not how things work.
Yes but you have not taken into account the fact that he is not a required player at Carlton, you cant have it both ways, unless of course you want to sit him in the reserves for a year and let him walk for nothing, not many clubs do that.

Hopefully we will do a deal but I just cant see how an non required player with attitude issues that hasn't played for a while in the ones in the wooden spoon side is worth a first round pick?

And Bell is ranked ahead of Motlop, Ziebell, and Goodes. Ranking doesn't mean crap.
Because he averages 21 touches and a goal a game unlike Goodes who is finished and Ziebell who is perennially overrated, Motlop slightly shades him as a player but his lack of pressure lets him down.

Its pretty simple when you actually think about it and watch the players in question, you might want to try it sometime.

I hope we do keep him, most of us think he will make the grade, lovely mark and a tidy kick.
Good skills don't make you a good footballer anymore, its all about desire/work rate and having something of an x factor over your opponents.

Lennon has shown a lack of desire by not even attempting to pressure the opposition when he has played & he doesn't have any elite physical attributes. He might play 50-100 games, doubt very much he will go on with it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good skills don't make you a good footballer anymore, its all about desire/work rate and having something of an x factor over your opponents.

Lennon has shown a lack of desire by not even attempting to pressure the opposition when he has played & he doesn't have any elite physical attributes. He might play 50-100 games, doubt very much he will go on with it though.
Well you may be right, it's hard to tell as he is still young and sometimes it takes a player time to realise the chance he has and how quickly it can be taken away, he certainly wont be paid more than he is worth by Richmond, if he can't accept that he may as well look for a new home.

Before trading Hampson to Richmond very similar words were being said about shaun Hampson from carlton supporters, But 10 minutes after trade was completed he becomes a dud and remained that way until now and possibly the rest of his career.

Lets see what happens to yarran in 1-2 years time, We are being sold the next maurice Rioli atm

Before trading Hampson to Richmond very similar words were being said about shaun Hampson from carlton supporters, But 10 minutes after trade was completed he becomes a dud and remained that way until now and possibly the rest of his career.

Lets see what happens to yarran in 1-2 years time, We are being sold the next maurice Rioli atm
Pretty stupid comparing Hampson and Yarran.

Hampson never really performed and had value in his potential.

Yarran on the other hand is a clear performer that left the club mid season and as a result was left in the VFL.

Probably to much reality for some.....

Too much fantasy more like it.

Yarran 2015 - 14 AFL games, 4 VFL games, 3 weeks suspended, last played round 22, out injured round 23.

And in that round 22 game had 5 disposals, 2 tackles and was totally disinterested. Your point?

I thought my point was rather obvious but I'll spell it for you. Old mate above said that Yarran hadn't played AFL for a while.

See you guys go on and on about him being a VFL player for the wooden side but it's just mischievous bullshit because the truth is you know two fifths of * all about Yarran, his issues, his career ... just a few highlights in a couple of Carlton games you have watched over the years and what you see when he plays against Richmond.

You think that spouting half truths on BigFooty will get Richmond a better trade as though a group think on a message forum tells recruiters what their players are worth.

Yes Yarran was disinterested. He had already decided he was leaving and going to Richmond weeks before that. 3 of the VFL games he played were after Richmond approached him. It's a crap argument until such a time as he wants to leave Richmond too.

By the way ... he only played half that round 22 game because of that injury that kept him out in round 23. Go figure huh?

I thought my point was rather obvious but I'll spell it for you. Old mate above said that Yarran hadn't played AFL for a while.

See you guys go on and on about him being a VFL player for the wooden side but it's just mischievous bullshit because the truth is you know two fifths of **** all about Yarran, his issues, his career ... just a few highlights in a couple of Carlton games you have watched over the years and what you see when he plays against Richmond.

You think that spouting half truths on BigFooty will get Richmond a better trade as though a group think on a message forum tells recruiters what their players are worth.

Yes Yarran was disinterested. He had already decided he was leaving and going to Richmond weeks before that. 3 of the VFL games he played were after Richmond approached him. It's a crap argument until such a time as he wants to leave Richmond too.

By the way ... he only played half that round 22 game because of that injury that kept him out in round 23. Go figure huh?
Yarran is not worth a first round pick and you simpily don't deserve pick 12,when you can get a player like Callum Ah Chee instead from the draft

Yarran is not worth a first round pick and you simpily don't deserve pick 12,when you can get a player like Callum Ah Chee instead from the draft

Well thanks for quoting me with something completely unrelated to my post. I could have just read a thousand posts exactly the same if I was interested.

However, just in case you are interested in genuine discussion, something right at the end of the first round would be nice. Captures his contracted status, Richmond's belief that he will be at his exhilarating best for them, and gives us something to help us get over our pain and suffering.:)

How that happens remains to be seen. Could still involve a swap of seconds maybe. Maybe something new will come in.

Maybe Hawks will jump into the fray after all. Their supporters are no nonsense and see the positives in Yarran.

See you guys go on and on about him being a VFL player for the wooden side but it's just mischievous bullshit because the truth is you know two fifths of **** all about Yarran, his issues, his career ... just a few highlights in a couple of Carlton games you have watched over the years and what you see when he plays against Richmond.

I really dont think anybody is that delusional, Clubs dont get their value of a players worth from bigfooty posters
But listening to what the 'experts' say on radio and television by talking to the people involved with clubs the general consensus seems to be a pick in the 20's

Its only the Carlton posters that are talking 1st round selection, But i suppose the next 2 weeks will reveal all and nothing thats said here will influence the end result

Yeah they always say that you should judge a career 16 games in and coming off injuries.

In other news Troy Menzel is a star.

I really dont think anybody is that delusional, Clubs dont get their value of a players worth from bigfooty posters

Then why repeat this circular bullshit about VFL player in a wooden side. It's designed to alter perceptions. If they knew anything, they'd come up with something a little more objective than that. Hell, the guy might end up playing for their side and they are ripping him apart before he gets there. Obviously no faith in their own club and the reasons Richmond chased him so hard.

But listening to what the 'experts' say on radio and television by talking to the people involved with clubs the general consensus seems to be a pick in the 20's

Which people associated with clubs?

As for people like Nathan Brown and Terry Wallace ... please. A more shallow analysis of Yarran as a footballer and more biased points of view towards a former club, I have not heard. Wallace spent the whole trade radio period last year misrepresenting Carlton's trading strategy and only conceded the last day when talking to McKay. Brown meanwhile takes to twitter to talk down Yarran, talk up Lennon and argue with another journo who does think Yarran is worth a first rounder or Lennon (with steak knives to us as well but that's another story). Point is people will listen to the experts that suit their agenda.

Its only the Carlton posters that are talking 1st round selection, But i suppose the next 2 weeks will reveal all and nothing thats said here will influence the end result

Funny that since the thread is full of Hawthorn posters saying they'd offer #18 straight up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back