CONFIRMED: #12 Sherman to Bulldogs for compensation draft pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: #10 Confirmed Sherman to Bulldogs for compensation draft pick

Expect to see alot of clubs "holding out" rush and do deals tomorrow.

Lions did the right thing by the player, rather than try and send him to Swans.

Worth more than what they got for him. Brisbane will be kicking themselves for making this trade

I think people overrate Sherman given his career output. Yes he has potential, but has never really turned it into consistency. Could be a gun, shows it at times. Could be a very big win for the Doggies if he finds that consistency. Don't think the Lions could have gotten much more for him.

Wow. The Lions fire sale continues.

Sherman for a compensation pick is an awesome deal for the Bulldogs. While he is a touch over-rated, he is still a young player who has a couple of aspects of his game that are elite at AFL level, which makes him intensely valueable. A serviceable replacement for Harbrow.

I just want to know why Carlton aren't attending this mass clear-out. Sure, we got in early last year, but if everything is going cheap, why can't we be on board too. I'd have been happy to give up pick 18 for Sherman.

Well done Lions, swallowed the pride to do the deal that needed to be done.

So in effect, Sherman for Harbrow, fair? [Harbrow wanted to go home, Sherman wanted to play for the Dogs]

The doggies would have been pawned if they did that deal directly. Couldn't this compo pick be as good as a top 18 pick from 2012 onwards depending on where brisbane finishes? Sherman is not worth a 1st round pick.

Sherman is a dud, he was dropped several times from the Lions this year. A first round draft pick is a big win for the Lions.

No, Speedy is right, albeit pick 19 rather than 18 from 2012 onwards (depending on other clubs using compensation picks in the same year etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did nobody reply to my thread? I created it before this one :(

Sherman is a dud, he was dropped several times from the Lions this year. A first round draft pick is a big win for the Lions.

Could be as high as pick 19 once the draft concessions are finished. And agreed Sherman is an average player this is a win for the Lions imo.

Sherman wanted out, specifically to the WB and the lions need the cap space

everybody got something, good trade

Worth more than what they got for him. Brisbane will be kicking themselves for making this trade

He was dropped a few times at the end of the season..wasnt in our best 22. Dont know how its a loss for us?? Or are you on the "lets kick the lions footy club while there down" group.

He was dropped a few times at the end of the season..wasnt in our best 22. Dont know how its a loss for us?? Or are you on the "lets kick the lions footy club while there down" group.

Put whatever spin on it you like.

Another talented player leaves the Lions - simple as that.

Well done Lions, swallowed the pride to do the deal that needed to be done.

Considering the seemingly endless debate between Carlton and Adelaide supporters ATM I wish our respective recruiting departments would do the same

Sherman is a pea hearted front running superstar.

Doggies won't be gong anywhere with the side they are building.

and what exactly have Essendon built? Hurley, Ryder, Hooker are ok but the buck stops there.

Sherman will be a good player in a good team. A team middle of the road or crap and he will be crap. Needs players to win the ball and dish it off to him in space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back