Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Shocked by this. If you’re relegated, you’re relegated. On what grounds would any club be able to argue that?
You can't go up a Division unless you win a Grand Final but here we are. I don't know what the arguments are I just know something is in play. I have just had an update that Oakleigh has been in discussions with the EFNL and has rejected any notion of moving to Div 4. They have signed a new coach and have some quality players coming to them.

Last edited:
You can't go up a Division unless you win a Grand Final but here we are. I don't know what the arguments are I just know something is in play. I have just had an update that Oakleigh has been in discussions with the EFNL and has rejected any notion of moving to Div 4. They have signed a new coach and have some quality players coming to them.

Going up a division is different, it's positive for a club so there are no losers. You can't spring an additional relegation on a club without the proper notice. The EFL can get creative when they want things to happen but I highly doubt even they'd go for that.

I guess Scoresby have to try it on because they're not in a great spot... but can't see how it happens.

The error was made 12 months ago when Oakleigh Districts were entered two divisions too high. I have some sympathy for the league on that, judging where a new club should sit is generally very difficult.

The word doing the rounds is Scoresby is trying hard to stay in Division 3 and are in a clear push with other clubs to send Oakleigh Districts straight to Division 4. The discussions are in play, watch this space.
There certainly is a push but am hearing it has little support from other clubs in the the division who would be happy to have Oakleigh in.

Im sure if Scoresby come up against clubs like South Belgrave, Ringwood etc this year they would find themselves getting beaten by 150 points also. Also there is not much future for Scoresby with no under 19s or junior club currently. Sometimes you just need to realise where you are at and leave your ego behind.

I wonder if it’s due to being hard to recruit in the bottom tier? It’s not an easy sell playing against Nunawading and Croydon North (no offence to those two clubs).

I wonder if it’s due to being hard to recruit in the bottom tier? It’s not an easy sell playing against Nunawading and Croydon North (no offence to those two clubs).
Some players dont mind the odd easy kill. I admit it was a little boring last year watching Coldy win every game by lots. We had a % of 500+ and i think the closest game was 30 points

A few years ago it was still an ok division but now they have lost East Burwood, Fairpark and Coldstream but only replaced it with Chirnside Park. You would think Silvan would be coming up (but you never know). Adding Scoresby and GWH to it will make it kind of interesting again.

Some players dont mind the odd easy kill. I admit it was a little boring last year watching Coldy win every game by lots. We had a % of 500+ and i think the closest game was 30 points

A few years ago it was still an ok division but now they have lost East Burwood, Fairpark and Coldstream but only replaced it with Chirnside Park. You would think Silvan would be coming up (but you never know). Adding Scoresby and GWH to it will make it kind of interesting again.

It would actually be a really good comp if Silvan leave and Nuna/Croydon North become decent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see the Donvale coach has been reported. 22.2.2 (cc) engaging in any other act of misconduct or serious misconduct

If he is suspended can he still coach from the other side of the fence.My understanding is if a coach is suspended he can not go on the ground.Always remember, I think it was Harold Martin, Preston was suspended and they hired a cherry picker so he could address the players at quarter and three quarter time.Doubt whether you would be able to do that these days.

That happened when he was at Box Hill.

Yeah, I can't see the EFNL allowing a cherry picker through the gates.

They were simpler times when he did it. Nowadays, WorkSafe would make Harold wear a helmet and safety harness, use ropes, mark off the area with witches hats and fill in a mountain of paper work before hand LOL.

Last edited:
Billy Schilling from Montrose up on the same report. Both face the Tribunal tonight. Could simply be umpire abuse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back