Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure he didn't have a hand in that. He has buggered up a few though. He gets a go at a brand new (merged) club this year.
Just done a bit of research and found Cameron Cloke was there at the time of Jacanas demise maybe no entirely responsible but didnā€™t help things. Cupido certainly been around a bit even surfaced at East Burwood a few years back. šŸ˜Š

Just done a bit of research and found Cameron Cloke was there at the time of Jacanas demise maybe no entirely responsible but didnā€™t help things. Cupido certainly been around a bit even surfaced at East Burwood a few years back. šŸ˜Š
Dirty thief, I will be the first to addmite when he arrived at Girgarre I was a bit skepticical about his previous behaviour so I was very confused as why we appointed him, but during the course of 2022 he proved a lot of people wrong with his football ability, kicking a bag of goals was good for the club, donā€™t know how because he never trained.
Along comes 2023 when without any pre season he lost 20 odd kegs , and it was bought to people around the club his outside activities, and when fronted about some of them he denied it all ( I personally rang him and asked)
Pre Christmas he called me and asked for a loan, foolish me lent him 200 , with I will pay you back next week, we appointed a new 2nds coach who Cupido convinced on the first time they meet he was looking after club merchandise so he ordered merchandise and transfer the money directly to Cupido account as he was collecting the money, also hitting up 20 year old apprentices who we just signed to the club for $50 didnā€™t sit well with his family, ( the kid then moved to another club) 2 weeks before first game he resigned as playing coach and would play for $750 a game, he went to 1 training after that night and thatā€™s the last I seen him.
Just one of multiple storyā€™s that will surface and if you read this I donā€™t care, youā€™re a real bit of work Cupido
All I can say is lock up all you valuables and have a 24 hr tracker on him, because he lies so much heā€™s got a electric bed to keep it crooked,

Quote Reply
Same ol story everywhere he goes, absolute POS

Like Gift Quote Reply
Report ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
Prev

Remove this Banner Ad

MCDFNL 2022 discussion​

BoldItalicMore optionsā€¦

Insert linkInsert GIFMore optionsā€¦
UndoMore optionsā€¦
Preview

Font sizeText colorFont familyListAlignment
  • Align left
  • Align center
  • Align right
  • Justify text
Paragraph formatStrike-throughUnderlineInline spoilerInline code
Insert imageSmiliesQuoteInsert videoMediaInsert tableInsert horizontal lineSpoilerCodePlayer popup mini-card
RedoToggle BB codeRemove formattingDrafts

Write your reply...
Attach files
Now
Insert quotesā€¦
Ok

Same ol story everywhere he goes, absolute POS

Like Gift Quote Reply
Report ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
Prev

Remove this Banner Ad

MCDFNL 2022 discussion​

BoldItalicMore optionsā€¦

Insert linkInsert GIFMore optionsā€¦
UndoMore optionsā€¦
Preview

Font sizeText colorFont familyListAlignment
  • Align left
  • Align center
  • Align right
  • Justify text
Paragraph formatStrike-throughUnderlineInline spoilerInline code
Insert imageSmiliesQuoteInsert videoMediaInsert tableInsert horizontal lineSpoilerCodePlayer popup mini-card
RedoToggle BB codeRemove formattingDrafts

Write your reply...
Attach files
Now
Insert quotesā€¦
Ok
Sorry itā€™s a. Not long but you get the message šŸ˜Š

There's been many a player who has done some shifty s**t at clubs. Their reputation follows them and clubs need to do their due diligence. Many moons ago, one high-profile player would obtain sign-on money upfront and never even turn up to training. There's been a plethora of Ex AFL players turn up at clubs wanting mega dollars because they are broke and simply suck clubs dry. Times have changed and clubs tend to err on the side of caution.

And at least one, who disappeared at the same time the footy trip money went missing. A recent employer obviously didn't do due diligence before giving him a job.
It happened more than once. Got covered up by someone replacing the money, and they couldn't cover it up again as they didn't have the cash. Faces 40 Charges and that was adjourned in August.

Speaks volumes about whatā€™s going on at Coldstream when they have to turn comments off on their Facebook.

Just see whatā€™s happened at Powelltown whoā€™s about to fold. How some clubs are so moronic itā€™s beyond me.

Whatā€™s happened here? Have they poached a whole heap of Powelltown players, leaving Powelltown screwed?

Thatā€™s extremely sad. Sounds like heaps of players couldnā€™t handle a jump in division?

Coach came and brought a heap of players with him, the coach has now left and all the players have left too.

A tale as old as the hills, pardon the pun.

If youā€™re gonna hire one of these blokes then you need to have a proper plan in place and stick to it, because him and his boys will be gone in a year or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coach came and brought a heap of players with him, the coach has now left and all the players have left too.

A tale as old as the hills, pardon the pun.

If youā€™re gonna hire one of these blokes then you need to have a proper plan in place and stick to it, because him and his boys will be gone in a year or two.

Thought Bayliss was done anyway. Guess not?

IMG_0956.jpeg

Really interesting division this year.

A few eyebrow raising results on the weekend already.

Coldstream v Oakleigh - I think both will go well. Was a good game of football. Oakleigh will need to rely on their coach a lot Pearson for goal scoring without Zac Bozanich, but he is very good reliable goal kicker. Coldy really even team performance, the new players all had impact. Conyers and Bayliss both hit the scoreboard and Darcy Fritsch playing full time is a bonus. Brock Castree is a star. Darcy Carrigan still to return.

Surrey Park V Warrandyte - Danger signs for Warrandyte already. 38 scoring shots to Surrey, only 12 to Warrandyte. Its hard to gauge how good Surrey are or how bad Warrandyte are yet.

Fairpark V UFTG - Not too sure what to make of this one. It can be hard to win at Fairpark so that's a tick for UFTG. But Upper went in very confident of having a large win against a Fairpark side with some of their key players gone. Based on what i saw last year of Fairpark (2 losses against Coldy), if you took out Jason Want, Crowle, Sam Raru, Jay Rankin, Kyle Hird and Ben Gilling they would have been relegated in 2023 and we haven't seen any recruits of note advertised for them. I'm told Hird, Rankin and Gilling are all returning next week. Hard to judge but i doubt either will be playing finals.

Knox V Silvan - This was the big surprise for me. Knox dominated this game having 36 scoring shots to 7. Silvan have recruited heavily from Powelltown but lost a fair bit off the top, Matteo D'Alphonso, Tyson McKenzie, Jesse Owen, Justin Ficcorilli and Michael Smith. If you look at the Knox results last year they were very competitive in Div 2 and they have picked up some high end talent. Knox i think will be right up there. Silvan im not completely writing off, especially when they get back to their home ground, but they would want to be knocking Fairpark off next week.

FTG V Donvale - The 27 point margin flatters FTG a little as Donvale were very inaccurate 9.18 - 6.9. Donvales list is very similar to last year but FTG is completely different, they have replaced a heap of older players with younger, but the names missing from the grand final is huge - OUT - Luke McComb, Dan De Ieso, Hayden Lovat, Alex Bull, Kieran Gray, Jye Dulieu, Harry McAleese and Corey Salvador. A big addition in is Lachie Kennedy. I don't know much about their other recruits but i cant see them covering what they have lost. I think they are finishing 4th-6th. Donvale is still clearly the team to beat. FTG might be going down a different path and more aiming for the next 2 years building a younger list but they don't seem to retain players well.

Last edited:

Surrey Park V Warrandyte - Danger signs for Warrandyte already. 38 scoring shots to Surrey, only 12 to Warrandyte. Its hard to gauge how good Surrey are or how bad Warrandyte are yet.

I think it was a case of Warrandyte letting Surrey Park look better. SP certainly improved but there was a distinct lack of pressure from Warrandyte. A number of times SP would fumble the ball / drop marks etc. within the space of 1 min / 2 mins but no effort at making them pay by Warrandyte. They pretty much had free reign and test will be in next 2 weeks how they go against others.

I think it was a case of Warrandyte letting Surrey Park look better. SP certainly improved but there was a distinct lack of pressure from Warrandyte. A number of times SP would fumble the ball / drop marks etc. within the space of 1 min / 2 mins but no effort at making them pay by Warrandyte. They pretty much had free reign and test will be in next 2 weeks how they go against others.

It certainly could be. We will need 4-6 weeks for things to settle down. Its never a great look getting thumped round 1 however.

Coldstream v Oakleigh - I think both will go well. Was a good game of football. Oakleigh will need to rely on their coach a lot Pearson for goal scoring without Zac Bozanich, but he is very good reliable goal kicker. Coldy really even team performance, the new players all had impact. Conyers and Bayliss both hit the scoreboard and Darcy Fritsch playing full time is a bonus. Brock Castree is a star. Darcy Carrigan still to return.

Fairpark V UFTG - Not too sure what to make of this one. It can be hard to win at Fairpark so that's a tick for UFTG. But Upper went in very confident of having a large win against a Fairpark side with some of their key players gone. Based on what i saw last year of Fairpark (2 losses against Coldy), if you took out Jason Want, Crowle, Sam Raru, Jay Rankin, Kyle Hird and Ben Gilling they would have been relegated in 2023 and we haven't seen any recruits of note advertised for them. I'm told Hird, Rankin and Gilling are all returning next week. Hard to judge but i doubt either will be playing finals.

Knox V Silvan - This was the big surprise for me. Knox dominated this game having 36 scoring shots to 7. Silvan have recruited heavily from Powelltown but lost a fair bit off the top, Matteo D'Alphonso, Tyson McKenzie, Jesse Owen, Justin Ficcorilli and Michael Smith. If you look at the Knox results last year they were very competitive in Div 2 and they have picked up some high end talent. Knox i think will be right up there. Silvan im not completely writing off, especially when they get back to their home ground, but they would want to be knocking Fairpark off next week.

FTG V Donvale - The 27 point margin flatters FTG a little as Donvale were very inaccurate 9.18 - 6.9. Donvales list is very similar to last year but FTG is completely different, they have replaced a heap of older players with younger, but the names missing from the grand final is huge - OUT - Luke McComb, Dan De Ieso, Hayden Lovat, Alex Bull, Kieran Gray, Jye Dulieu, Harry McAleese and Corey Salvador. A big addition in is Lachie Kennedy. I don't know much about their other recruits but i cant see them covering what they have lost. I think they are finishing 4th-6th. Donvale is still clearly the team to beat. FTG might be going down a different path and more aiming for the next 2 years building a younger list but they don't seem to retain players well.

Interesting to see Knox might have finally rebounded. Itā€™s gone a bit unnoticed due to COVID and the league buggering around with the divisions and promotion / relegation, but they have had an incredible fall.

In 2018 they were in the top grade. Three full seasons later (2019, 2022, 2023) and theyā€™re in the fourth tier.

I think you'll find Donvale were missing a few key players. Both Day boys didnt play. Sinosich and Kent are 2 very good youngsters also on the sidelines. Matt Day would be close to the best player in the division. i think Knox Donvale and Surry Park will be the teams to beat this year

You can only beat who you play. Next couple of weeks will definitely tell us a lot more.

This week will even tell us a fair bit with 4 winners Donvale V Surrey & Coldstream V Knox and 4 losers Silvan V Fairpark & Warrandyte V Oakleigh from round 1 going head to head, with a local derby between FTG and UFTG thrown in.

All the games are really interesting again. Intrigued to see if Surrey and Knox can back it up in their new division. And I think the 2 teams that go 0-2 might be a bit of trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back