Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the Eastern Football Netball League Independent Tribunal Procedure booklet, Section 15:

The result of the case will also be delivered verbally and in writing through a penalty notification form and placed on the league website under the tribunal tab the following day.

According to the Eastern Football Netball League Independent Tribunal Procedure booklet, Section 15:

The result of the case will also be delivered verbally and in writing through a penalty notification form and placed on the league website under the tribunal tab the following day.
Judge Rw GIF

I read the article. Apparently he has a few blokes from the VFL he’s calling on. And a few more from Premier Division. And a few more thing around the club. And they wanna start an Under 19s. And a junior club.

This is a club that battled to field reserves this year. I wonder if he fully appreciates the job in front of him.

I read the article. Apparently he has a few blokes from the VFL he’s calling on. And a few more from Premier Division. And a few more thing around the club. And they wanna start an Under 19s. And a junior club.

This is a club that battled to field reserves this year. I wonder if he fully appreciates the job in front of him.
Did he sign on for a decade?

No one wants to come to you when you are losing, start winning and it's a different mindset. I expect OD to be much improved on and off the field next year.

What an unbelievable finish to the Reserves Grand Final, extra time. WB running out victors by 1 point. Great viewing via the steam. They both kicked 6 goals for the whole game and then 4 each in extra time. Wow.

Last edited:
Almost an boil over in the seniors. Cant believe it got that close. Well done to Waverley, best team all year.

What an unbelievable finish to the Reserves Grand Final, extra time. WB running out victors by 1 point. Great viewing via the steam. They both kicked 6 goals for the whole game and then 4 each in extra time. Wow.
Yeah it was an absolute cracking game of footy. Best I have seen, not for skill, but for drama at the end in Suburban Sport.

Last edited:
Almost an boil over in the seniors. Cant believe it got that close. Well done to Waverley, best team all year.

Watched the last qtr and tbh, thought Waverley were pretty lucky. Couple of lucky decisions late. One in particular at half forward where their ruckman got shepherded out of the ruck contest and the umpire missed it.

Anyway winners are grinners and Donvale might feel a bit stiff. They had an almighty crack. #5 was immense, absolutely everywhere.

Watched the last qtr and tbh, thought Waverley were pretty lucky. Couple of lucky decisions late. One in particular at half forward where their ruckman got shepherded out of the ruck contest and the umpire missed it.

Anyway winners are grinners and Donvale might feel a bit stiff. They had an almighty crack. #5 was immense, absolutely everywhere.
WB slaughtered them in the first...but didn't capitalise kicking 2.6 to one point (also had their leading goal kicker sitting on the sidelines with a yellow card missing out on good supply). They should have been 5 goals up imo but momentum changed in the second when WBs started to miss their targets on short kicks through the middle and Donvale got their tails up with a late goal. They had the better of it the rest of the game. But as we know when you are coming from behind it's sometimes hard to get over the line.

Last edited:

100% was a free kick, i don't know how it could be missed watching it. The Waverley player clearly shepherds the donvale ruckman out allowing the Waverley ruck to go up uncontested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWFNC Stakeholder Update​

In response to the recent incident involving Glen Waverley Football Netball Club players, the club committee has been working together to address the broad range of concerns of our members and stakeholders.

An initial meeting of all committee members and a large proportion of the senior playing group was held to discuss and address the events. EFNL board members, the club’s major sponsor, life members and members of the player’s families were in attendance at this meeting, where the general details, impacts and response to the incident were discussed.

The players involved in the video made statements of apology.

As an outcome of the meeting, the following actions were taken by the club to respond to items raised in the meeting:
  • Professional counselling support was arranged to assist the players involved in dealing with the impact to their mental health and wellbeing.
  • An independent professionally facilitated program was initiated to focus on both the immediate impacts on the broader group, as well as establishing clear expectations and values upon which to move forward.
  • Ongoing consultation with EFNL, Council, and external parties.
At the conclusion of this process we confirm the following:
  • The players involved in the incident will not be returning to GWFNC.
  • We are committed to every effort in rebuilding the senior club for 2023 based on values and standards that the club community can be proud of.
  • We will continue to invest in our junior program, and collaborate where necessary to maximize participation and engagement.
There are many great people involved at all levels of our club and its broader network, many of whom have been unfairly impacted by a regrettable situation in which they had no involvement. They deserve the opportunity to enjoy participating in the game and the club community, and they will be our focus.

We thank EFNL for its support, and the generous people in the broader footy community who have reached out to offer assistance.

We look forward to focusing on the future, with some hard work and positive energy to take our club forward.

Thank you.
GWFNC Committee

GWFNC Stakeholder Update​

In response to the recent incident involving Glen Waverley Football Netball Club players, the club committee has been working together to address the broad range of concerns of our members and stakeholders.

An initial meeting of all committee members and a large proportion of the senior playing group was held to discuss and address the events. EFNL board members, the club’s major sponsor, life members and members of the player’s families were in attendance at this meeting, where the general details, impacts and response to the incident were discussed.

The players involved in the video made statements of apology.

As an outcome of the meeting, the following actions were taken by the club to respond to items raised in the meeting:
  • Professional counselling support was arranged to assist the players involved in dealing with the impact to their mental health and wellbeing.
  • An independent professionally facilitated program was initiated to focus on both the immediate impacts on the broader group, as well as establishing clear expectations and values upon which to move forward.
  • Ongoing consultation with EFNL, Council, and external parties.
At the conclusion of this process we confirm the following:
  • The players involved in the incident will not be returning to GWFNC.
  • We are committed to every effort in rebuilding the senior club for 2023 based on values and standards that the club community can be proud of.
  • We will continue to invest in our junior program, and collaborate where necessary to maximize participation and engagement.
There are many great people involved at all levels of our club and its broader network, many of whom have been unfairly impacted by a regrettable situation in which they had no involvement. They deserve the opportunity to enjoy participating in the game and the club community, and they will be our focus.

We thank EFNL for its support, and the generous people in the broader footy community who have reached out to offer assistance.

We look forward to focusing on the future, with some hard work and positive energy to take our club forward.

Thank you.
GWFNC Committee
I would have thought working with those involved and helping them make better decisions going forward was the answer, not cutting them out of the club . I imagine they’d be dealing with a bit mentally given the attention this has received.

I don’t know anyone involved though. Maybe this isn’t the first strike.

I would have thought working with those involved and helping them make better decisions going forward was the answer, not cutting them out of the club . I imagine they’d be dealing with a bit mentally given the attention this has received.

They’re the club committee and the interest of the club have to come first.

Like it or not there are many parents who would simply not have their kids at the club because of this.

If getting rid of these halfwits changes that, the club doesn’t have a choice.

We've had other players say if they go we go. Will be an interesting off season.

Surely this has become an over reaction now?

The club should stop releasing statements as every time we have almost forgotten about it they release another statement reminding everyone.

One of the players involved and his family have done a huge amount for the club for a number of years.

Parents blah blah. What are they scared of? Their sons they might catch a bit of gay if they play at Glen Waverley? Might start sucking each other off? Look i agree it went too far in a public place, but thats the only reason, because it was in a public place. If this happened in someones lounge room then who cares?

Surely this has become an over reaction now?

The club should stop releasing statements as every time we have almost forgotten about it they release another statement reminding everyone.

One of the players involved and his family have done a huge amount for the club for a number of years.

Parents blah blah. What are they scared of? Their sons they might catch a bit of gay if they play at Glen Waverley? Might start sucking each other off? Look i agree it went too far in a public place, but thats the only reason, because it was in a public place. If this happened in someones lounge room then who cares?
It wouldn't matter where it happened if some idiot videos it and puts it on line. As far as I am aware they have only issued 2 statements. One at the beginning of this controversy and another, hopefully at the end. They issued a statement because if they hadn't, it may have meant the end of the club.

That is possible that they have been forced into making a statement.
They were forced into making a statement simply because this whole stupid incident happened. Without doing something kids would have left in droves. Parents will send their kids to a school further away if there is the faintest rumour of drugs. It might only be one kid involved and the school might be doing a terrific job in educating students about the dangers of drugs. Most parents have the welfare of their children at the very top of their parental responsibilities. The same thing will apply to the parents of GWH's junior players. If parents get the idea that the club is avoiding their duties as a responsible club, then they will take their kids elsewhere in droves, as I suspect a number will do anyway. Alcohol is a huge problem throughout our community and every club is encouraged/required to sign up to "Good Sports" by their local council. GWH's is a Level 3 Good Sports Accredited club. This also puts certain obligations on a club's response to matters. For instance the following is one of the requirements.

STRATEGIES
Identifying the best way to communicate the changes to juniors, parents, and officials
You will need to tell players, non-playing members, parents of junior members, officials and other club patrons about changes to alcohol management practices and policies.
To be effective, this may include communicating in different ways, such as:
• Coaches telling the players at training and before and after games.
• A coach or committee member meeting with players at the start of the season.
• Notices in the club’s newsletter
• Letters or an email to junior club members and their parents.
• Messages from the coach or club officials may include details of the changes, when the changes will start and why the changes were made.

The club has the following information on their Good Sports Accreditation page.

"The program is run in Victoria by the Australian Drug Foundation in conjunction with VicHealth, Traffic Accident Commission, the Department of Human Services and the Alcohol Education Rehabilitation Foundation. The program has been designed to assist clubs with the responsible management of alcohol and is the only nationwide program of its kind.

As a community based club we believe involvement in this program is a way for our club to promote a healthy and welcoming club culture whilst working to consistently meet our duty of care obligations in regards to alcohol consumption".

All these, are the sort of the things that make their statement unavoidable.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back