Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Oakleigh Districts 5-4 after 9 games. Stellar effort as they sit 4th, many had them dropping again. Ferntree Gully and Donvale look like the teams to beat whilst we have three, Whitehorse, Fairpark, and Coldstream all on 12 points at the bottom. Who gets Relegated could come down to the last few rounds.

Easily the most competitive division in the league. Coldy on the bottom but already has 3 wins. Its not inconceivable that a team could get relegated with 5 maybe 6 wins this year. Coldys percentage took a hammering on Saturday which might cost them.

I think Silvans depth is catching up with them now a little, seemed a lock for 3rd spot a few weeks ago but after losing to Fairpark on the weekend, Oakleigh have jumped over them.

Attended yesterday's Ferntree Gully v Donvale game and recorded the last HALF.

Here's my YouTube video from the game.

Great teamwork by Ferntree Gully players last Saturday against Donvale results in a memorable goal in the 3rd quarter.

Ferntree Gully v Donvale RESERVES game - last QUARTER game-day scenes.

After game celebrations and Medals Presentation from the Donvale v Ferntree Gully GRAND FINAL played at Jubilee Park on Saturday 2nd September 2023.

Donvale wins the RESERVES premiership in dramatic circumstances. With Donvale looking like they had all the answers and cruising to a deserved victory, Warrandyte had other ideas and snatched the lead late in the last quarter. However Donvale replied by kicking the last goal of the game to win an epic battle. The crowd went wild. It doesn't get any better than this. My last quarter video showcasing all the drama. Gotta luv suburban footy. Enjoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair Park who would have caused a few problems had they made finals losing Raru Upwey and Want and Crowle to STH Croydon 😊

What has happened there? Huge losses for them, especially with the young Rankin likely to be having a crack at a higher standard.

Nothing incoming yet, as per their social media anyway.

What has happened there? Huge losses for them, especially with the young Rankin likely to be having a crack at a higher standard.

Nothing incoming yet, as per their social media anyway.
Not sure just been having a look around on socials and found these young Rankin is a darn good player 😊

It’s the same as when any new coach brings a load of players with him, generally they’ll leave when the coach does.

You need to be ready for that.
Bunk Moreland its on clubs to do there due diligence as well
Powelly look like becoming Jacana, not sure that’s the legacy clubs would want
But if you go down that track, then I guess clubs only have themselves to blame

Bunk Moreland its on clubs to do there due diligence as well
Powelly look like becoming Jacana, not sure that’s the legacy clubs would want
But if you go down that track, then I guess clubs only have themselves to blame
Was part of Jacanas demise due to recruiting Cupido at some stage or am I mistaken 😊

Remove this Banner Ad

Back