Autopsy Dreamtime at the G , versus Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Shattered you guys lost, was barracking mighty hard for the tiges!

I know a lot of you will be angry and disappointed but honestly I can only see positives for you guys moving forward.

Cotchin and Martin are still young, Lids is hitting his peak, Maric is godly!

Haha but I feel in 2 years time your first choice midfield will be the best in the comp and just hang patient because if cotchin and martin are already playing like they're now, in 2 years they will be elite. Although cotch is practically there already.

You guys could've thrown the towel in when Essendon got to 6 goals up but you fought so hard and clearly deserved to win. Essendon seemed to get all the luck and you guys missed some sitters.

I know bad kicking for goal is bad footy but every team has there bad days of misses. As a neutral I can see you guys turning into a top 4 side in a year or 2. :thumbsu:

Btw can't wait to go to next week's match, should be a ripper and I bet we will start favourites but IMO it is a 50/50 game.

Cheers man - it's good to get this sort of feedback...As a tigers supporter I'm always hopeful and believe we are heading in the right direction - so it's good to get unbiased opinions that re-inforce this belief:thumbsu:

Disappointing crowd number for a sell out, only 80k
I wanted to go tonight, but didn't because I couldn't buy a ticket, even as a member
AFL needs to do something about this... but won't

Oh well, they had our measure in the first half and then again at the very end when it counted most.

I thought we won the midfield battle but lost the game in the forwardline/backline.
We had 18 more i50's than them but only had 1 more scoring shot, Im still not sure this cluttered forward line is the best setup for us.
Strangly enough losing Grimes didnt count for much as we were beaten by their smaller forwards after he went off, not the talls. Too many opp players getting space in the forward 50, whether thats a lazy midfield issue or not but I thought Morris/Dea/Newman/houli/Conca lost the backline battle regardless, alot of missed tackles and giving their opp too much space.

Another good effort though overall, Essendon is the form team of the comp and we will only get better as we gain exp.

Liking Edwards as a forward still, we seem to have found a spot for him down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was disappointed with the result. The thing that really pissed me off was my at the TAB yesterday changing my first goal bet from Dustin Martin to Jack Riewoldt, when Dusty was paying $25. Grrrrrr :thumbsdown:

the positives:

- shane edwards playing one of his best ever games for the club

-the way the side was able to fight back after being 7 goals down against the top form side of the league and to actually hit the front shows how much this team has turned the corner. i must admit that at half time i thought we were going to cop a hiding so very pleased we came back into it and showed we can match these sides (without being able to beat them)

- grigg continues to score quality goals from 50m out. he has pleasantly surprised me this season

- cotchin is a superstar

the negatives:
- whilst its great to see us fighting back against the tops sides and hitting the front or almost hitting the front (carlton, geelong, west coast, essendon and to a lesser extent collingwood), the fact that we havent been able to go on with it in any of those games is a real concern. when we hit the front tonight i really felt we were going to win the game because we had all the momentum and the bombers seemed to have stopped. same thing against geelong. to then not score another goal after hitting the front is a big dissapointment

- the continual non-performance of Jack Reiwoldt and Brad Miller. It's time they were both dropped. that miss by miller 20m out in the last quarter was the killer blow for us. forward line as a whole is our achilles heel so far this season.

-accuracy in front of goal was very poor tonight and cost us the game. it is a bit of a recurring theme this season which is a worry. i remember against collingwood we did the same thing. we are missing easy set shots in front of goal week after week. its always the same culprits... conca, reiwoldt, miller, foley, king

- kicking out from full back was very poor tonight.

- we are sitting 3-5 but looking likely to be 3-7 by the time we've played hawthorn (who are back in form) and stkilda (we wont beat them at etihad). season is pretty much gone by that point. we had to win one of the games we've lost so far and the essendon, geelong and west coast games were our best chances to do that.

Just a question, is Danny Daly still the coach of the forwards, or does he have a new role? We were the most accurate team in 2010 and up there in 2011. 2012 it seems we are way behind where we were.

What is the punishment for staging for a free kick? I hope Jetta gets the book thrown at him.

Actually, maybe don't, he'd probably get injured if a book hit him. Soft bastard.

Not just you RD- I love our decision to take Reece - head over the footy

I had no idea.I'd heard stuff but i was really shocked.
I try not to watch much of Essendon.Poison.

- we are sitting 3-5 but looking likely to be 3-7 by the time we've played hawthorn (who are back in form) and stkilda (we wont beat them at etihad). season is pretty much gone by that point. we had to win one of the games we've lost so far and the essendon, geelong and west coast games were our best chances to do that.
How can you possibly say that we are certainties to lose those matches after our performances tonight and against other top teams? If anything we've proven that we can match it with the best.

Great game; I certainly wasn't alone in thinking we were gone. You guys had the best 2-3 players on the ground, but I guess we were saved by a more even contribution.

You guys are really going places, as much as losing so many close ones hurts like buggery.

How can you possibly say that we are certainties to lose those matches after our performances tonight and against other top teams? If anything we've proven that we can match it with the best.

apart from the NAB cup win over hawthorn (which you really cant read into too much) we have really struggled against them in the past few seasons and the hawks have hit form right in time for us (just our luck). i can see another 'honourable loss' coming our way.

as for st kilda, well they play Etihad very well and we dont, and (just our luck) they have found form recently too. they beat carlton at etihad last week and carlton beat us by 40 points.

the worst part about it is that you are 100% right, we have proven that we can match it with them but we haven't proven we can beat them yet. and we happen to be coming up against two very in form sides in the next two weeks.

we need to beat either the saints or hawks to keep finals hopes alive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back