Preview Easter Monday blockbuster - Geelong v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
out shiels spangher

in hallahan (surely he gets his chance ) stratton
Wangannen might come in before Hallahan, he did out perform hallahan over the pre-season and in the trail games, he can go into the backline and release Burgoyne into the midfield.

Still trying to decide whether to fork out to go to this match.

Can someone tell me which end the cheer squad will be at? I am assuming as it's an away match for us they will be at the city end (M33).

Wasn't this the case in his games at VFL level last year? Looked really average but then got the call up and just dominated the back line for the rest of the year. The fact he had limited game time and the such makes me think they were just testing him out rather than trying to build up match fitness or anything like that. Should come in and just stand Hawkins. Both players will be happy to just sit deep in the 50 for the majority of the game.

Don't forget Lake likes to go forward,make a lead, and kick goals.

View attachment 51840
This was posted on Geelong page. Yes it is categorically wrong but also quite indicative of what is going on over there. I can see one geelong fellow trying to grab another (their captain) and this captain is trying to place his fist in the backside of the other player, he looks as though he is quite excited about this prospect and is emulating his captain encouraging him to drive it in hard. This is while they are all in the preparatory pose to recieve other fellows turgid members. So yes they may have beat us in this instance with this example of team bonding. I am not sure we will ever be able to compete. Good on them for having the guts to show the rest of us how excited they are at doing this before Hawthorn.

You'd have thought that with a wide photo they would have squeezed Tummy Porkins in.

I love how on yesterdays AFL 360, when they were still banging on about 'the curse', Jordan Lewis made mention of which of the two out of thirteen games we have beaten them in. Also, when Robbo asked him if he hated any Geelong players, Lewy didn't hesitate in saying 'no'. If it were that twat 'Stevie J', you know the response would be different. Anyway;
Ins: Lake, Stratton, Hallahan, Mcevoy
Outs: Shiels, Spangher, Ceglar, Cheney (sadly)

I love how on yesterdays AFL 360, when they were still banging on about 'the curse', Jordan Lewis made mention of which of the two out of thirteen games we have beaten them in. Also, when Robbo asked him if he hated any Geelong players, Lewy didn't hesitate in saying 'no'. If it were that twat 'Stevie J', you know the response would be different. Anyway;
Ins: Lake, Stratton, Hallahan, Mcevoy
Outs: Shiels, Spangher, Ceglar, Cheney (sadly)
I can guarantee Cheney will not get dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheney was in Clarksons coaches votes last week unless McKenna gave him the 2 votes. Which I doubt.

He'll be playing.

Offensively we are ranked 1st, defensively we are ranked 6th so it makes sense we need another lockdown defender down back this year. Clarko has anointed Cheney until otherwise his performances drop off. Get used to him in the side because he will go very close to playing 25 games and winning a Premiership Medallion this year.

I can't see him keeping his spot all year. Not when Lake, Schoe and Stratts are back.
He is effectively competing for a spot with Duryea and Suckling. A maximum of 2 of them can play in the back half, not all 3 when the Best 18 players are back. I have him ahead of Duryea right now, but I think Duryea is another one of Clarko's favourites

Offensively we are ranked 1st, defensively we are ranked 6th
These rankings can be misleading given the small sample size so far this year. Our defensive rating is quite good when you consider we haven't played all terrible teams so far and with quite a number of best 22 defenders missing from the team. That said, I agree about needing another lock down defender. One that can quell Hawkins brute strength and size. Lake be it.

I can't see him keeping his spot all year. Not when Lake, Schoe and Stratts are back.
He is effectively competing for a spot with Duryea and Suckling. A maximum of 2 of them can play in the back half, not all 3 when the Best 18 players are back. I have him ahead of Duryea right now, but I think Duryea is another one of Clarko's favourites

Yep fair enough but isn't Suckling probably more an outside midfielder nowadays. He has had more I50 entries than D50 rebounds since 2012, even though he starts at half back he pushes up the ground pretty quickly leaving the bulk of the defensive 50 work left to others.

Time will tell but Cheney is certainly making every post a winner at the moment and credit where it is due.

Out of curiosity does anyone know how ticketek works when allocating tickets? Does punching in a hawthorn membership barcode put you in a certain bay or a Geelong one? The only reason I ask is I am trying to get my friends seating tickets close to where I'll be standing, at the put rd end, almost every time I pretend to buy seats it puts me down the other end.

You'd have thought that with a wide photo they would have squeezed Tummy Porkins in.

They did. That's actually an x-ray of his mighty huge girth. That's not the MCG in the background, it's the lining of his stomach.

As for the three players in the foreground, here's an important safety tip kids: Don't stand within arms length of Porky when he's stuffing his guts. Fortunately, he's pretty regular so at this stage Geelong are not expecting a late OUT. But if Selwood makes an unexpected appearance in the forward line late in the 3rd quarter, best to look away... :confused:

Out of curiosity does anyone know how ticketek works when allocating tickets? Does punching in a hawthorn membership barcode put you in a certain bay or a Geelong one? The only reason I ask is I am trying to get my friends seating tickets close to where I'll be standing, at the put rd end, almost every time I pretend to buy seats it puts me down the other end.

If it's of any use to you, I keyed in my barcode on a number of occasions. The system gave me a range of options across the Category 2 and 3 options. M8, M9 and M10 were amongst them. Whenever I have purchased tickets in this manner (with a Hawks barcode), I have been seated in a Hawks bay. Sometimes they split a bay in half, but for the most part they run two or three bays on the one club and then the next few are of the other club.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back