Preview Easter Monday blockbuster - Geelong v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see him keeping his spot all year. Not when Lake, Schoe and Stratts are back.
He is effectively competing for a spot with Duryea and Suckling. A maximum of 2 of them can play in the back half, not all 3 when the Best 18 players are back. I have him ahead of Duryea right now, but I think Duryea is another one of Clarko's favourites

I disagree. I think that Cheeney is competing for a spot with Stratton, once all of our backs have returned. Unfortunately for Cheeney, Stratts will win out quiet easily.

I suspect our fully fit back line will be:

FB: Stratton - Lake - Gibson
HBF: Birchall - Shoenmakers - Hodge

Stratton: Small/Mid Defender
Lake: 1st Key Defender
Gibson:3rd Man Up/ Rebounding Defender

Birchall: Small/Mid Defender/ Rebounding Defender
Shoenmakers: 2nd Key Defender
Hodge: General/ Rebounding Defender

That is plenty of defensive minded players, all capable of shutting down a dangerous forward. We will also likely rotate, Burgoyne, Mitchell and Suckling through the defence as rebounding half backs.

Also all of the talls are handy with ball, and can provide plenty of drive out of the defensive half. I also suspect that Shoey will be used more as swing man depending on match ups in defence.

Interesting times ahead

Wanganeen is in the hunt esp if Dre Dre keeps butchering it.

I don't want schoey anywhere near the backline.

Blake and Stratts are walk up starts when fit.

Big Boy and Hale is our best combo while Lowden continues his degree.

Boxer and Jed are two that will play in the ones also this year.

Sewell will chip in at some stage with a few games which will be very handy to manage players loads.

Glad we don't have to watch Buddy spend the day wrestling with lonergan this year.

Interesting times ahead

Wanganeen is in the hunt esp if Dre Dre keeps butchering it.

I don't want schoey anywhere near the backline.

Blake and Stratts are walk up starts when fit.

Big Boy and Hale is our best combo while Lowden continues his degree.

Boxer and Jed are two that will play in the ones also this year.

Sewell will chip in at some stage with a few games which will be very handy to manage players loads.

Glad we don't have to watch Buddy spend the day wrestling with lonergan this year.

Interesting and exciting times, add Woodward to the mix when he's fit as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheney is essentially playing Brian lakes role. As good as he's been it's hard to see him stay when lake comes back.

but don't you think once lake comes back he will be a better option in duryea's spot ?? duryea has been terrible this year can not believe he is still in the team , plus he does not really have one trait that is better then cheney so i really hope cheney is rewarded with good form and stays in the team

Ins: Stratton, Hallahan, Mcevoy
Outs: Shiels, Spangher, Ceglar

Strats has had good game time and played well. Boxer is ready for his chance on the big stage and they have been cautious with Big Boy as he could have played last week. Lake still needs 1 or 2 more matches for conditioning, don't want to risk him for a home and away match, September is when we need him fit and firing.

Agree with a poster before, can't see there key forwards kicking a winning score, we need to watch out for their goal kicking mids - selwood, johnson, varcoe and stokes

Go Hawks

Awsome just grabbed two tickets at an extra $20.
Still pretty bad when it's a replacement home game for members. Oh well as long as we win doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but don't you think once lake comes back he will be a better option in duryea's spot ?? duryea has been terrible this year can not believe he is still in the team , plus he does not really have one trait that is better then cheney so i really hope cheney is rewarded with good form and stays in the team

Does he cut Clarko's hair for free? Cheney doesn't. There's an advantage right there.;)

Whilst I am happy with Cheney in the team, Dre has at least two traits that are far superior than Cheney. He is a much better kick (over all, not just the last 2 weeks) and he keeps his feet much better. Cheney does go to ground too easily when he is chasing the ball / man. Which is a little strange because he seems to hold his body well in the marking contest. Dre also seems far more athletic than Cheney. Cheney however is a little more versatile to play tall or small. He is almost like our new version of Tom Murphy, but harder at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back