EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was it "Mack & Myer for hire" the council got to do the job? .....6 months and it's still stuffed ... The Greens should stick to what they know ... like bike lanes down skinny roads & 30 kph speed limits

Surely people are accountable for delays or just plain stuffing things up. Grounds need to be better thesedays purely based on junior participation numbers and the amount of $$ per s salary cap..Not just the grounds either. As I said I was at the Marby luncheon and the toilets shared with Football players is a total disgrace. 2 urine troughs and 1 toilet for players & spectators. Who builds new rooms and doesn’t allow to put in a separate toilet facility. Absolute disgrace whoever is at fault for this oversight..

Surely people are accountable for delays or just plain stuffing things up. Grounds need to be better thesedays purely based on junior participation numbers and the amount of $$ per s salary cap..Not just the grounds either. As I said I was at the Marby luncheon and the toilets shared with Football players is a total disgrace. 2 urine troughs and 1 toilet for players & spectators. Who builds new rooms and doesn’t allow to put in a separate toilet facility. Absolute disgrace whoever is at fault for this oversight..

Those toilets have been there for years Turbo sharing with Football Players. its the old Essendon Council stuff up and Moonee Valley haven't been much better I am told over the years with pavilion changerooms and grounds .

How was the Lunch and Beer for you at Marby on the weekend ?

Go Marby!

Those toilets have been there for years Turbo sharing with Football Players. its the old Essendon Council stuff up and Moonee Valley haven't been much better I am told over the years with pavilion changerooms and grounds .

How was the Lunch and Beer for you at Marby on the weekend ?

Go Marby!

How are you old mate??

Excellent set up and the catering team put on one of the best feeds I’ve had. Livo did a brilliant job as MC and the speakers from the committee all spoke very well. Drank heavy beer from the tap and it was nice and cold. Great day and stayed all day.

Only complaint I would have is they ran out of Carlton Dry ($5:50) in the arvo and we got on the Corona. But gee $7 for a Corona (without lime) is bloody expensive. Need to fix that otherwise I can understand why some people bring there own esky to the footy. I think all clubs should charge the same prices across the board. I prefer a flat rate of $5 for a heavy stubby..

How are you old mate??

Excellent set up and the catering team put on one of the best feeds I’ve had. Livo did a brilliant job as MC and the speakers from the committee all spoke very well. Drank heavy beer from the tap and it was nice and cold. Great day and stayed all day.

Only complaint I would have is they ran out of Carlton Dry ($5:50) in the arvo and we got on the Corona. But gee $7 for a Corona (without lime) is bloody expensive. Need to fix that otherwise I can understand why some people bring there own esky to the footy. I think all clubs should charge the same prices across the board. I prefer a flat rate of $5 for a heavy stubby..

Anything over $5 for a stubbie is a joke and I wouldn't buy a 2nd one on principle.

👍👍 Don’t blame you as your right. It’s local community footy and not a city night club.. 6-7 beers over the bar equals a slab you can buy from the pub...

Seeing as the entertainment is free (nil entry charge) clubs have to make a $ somehow! Hardly cause to complain about 50c on 5-6 stubbies when you’re not paying $15 to get in

Is there a list of names for current players in the premier division who are former AFL players, or sons of former AFL players?

This is a rough estimate of top of head. There would be more that I have overlooked

Abers : AFL - Reimers. Toy. Cachia.
AFL Fathers - Thompson (Son Of Bomber). Madden (Son Of ??).

Greenvale -
AFL - Dempsey. Maric. Deluca.

Keilor -
AFL - O’Kearney. Cavka.

Pacco - Watson. Archer.

Mores -
AFL - Iaccobucci.
Fathers - Weightman (Son Of Flea).

Glenroy -
AFL - Kite.

Marby - nil.

EDS -
AFL - Hardingham.
Fathers - Wallis. (Son Of Dean).

Heights -
AFL - Harding.
Fathers - Cleary’s (Sons Of Phil)

APW - Nil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a rough estimate of top of head. There would be more that I have overlooked

Greenvale -

Keilor -
AFL - O’Kearney. Cavka.

Pacco - Watson. Archer.

Mores -
AFL - Iaccobucci.

Glenroy -
AFL - Kite.

Marby - nil.

EDS -
AFL - Hardingham.

Heights -
AFL - Harding.

APW - Nil.

Did the Keilor boys ever play an AFL game ???

Greenvale -

Keilor -
AFL - O’Kearney. Cavka.

Pacco - Watson. Archer.

Mores -
AFL - Iaccobucci.

Glenroy -
AFL - Kite.

Marby - nil.

EDS -
AFL - Hardingham.

Heights -
AFL - Harding.

APW - Nil.

Blackwell, Joel Madden, Justins Don

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Marby have Greenvale all they could handle for 3 and a bit 1/4’s before they fell away in last 15 mins after losing 2 to injuries. Played all over Greenvale in3rd just couldn’t put enough score on the board. Another ordinary incident from Dempsey charged full on at player with head over the ball could have been very nasty good to see the report made he was very well beaten by young Gaul playing his 2nd game.

Interesting thoughts and it’s so difficult to manage and put together a fair process.
I think junior footy at the young ages is in a mess and the league need to be accountable as kids leaving to play other sports such as soccer and basketball. Why?? One reason is the amount of lopsided junior results early season particularly in the under 11s and 13s. Kids aged 8-11 copping thrashing in junior footy is not doing our code any good. Some teams didn’t score. Seriously how do clubs 1st teams play in division lower than div2 unless they only have 1 side and are struggling for numbers and kids are all learning.

Senior wise it’s difficult to work out a solution but agree it’s based around stability of the playing lists and ultimately money does play a part. Some clubs deciding to rebuild..However you do need some big key position players and more importantly a competitive ruckman. Marby and AH didn’t have any big key forwards capable of taking a contested mark and relied on goals through run and turnovers.
It would appear that Marby, Douttas, APW rebuilding through youth.. Avondale and Glenroy a mix of both but struggling for juniors with Glenroy having no 19s or 17s or thirds. Gee that’s going to be a battle.

I see Abers and Marby have 3 under 17 sides however Marby don’t have a 19s this season.

What’s the answer? well I don’t have it but unfortunately I think some clubs will need to merge and try and build strength to survive. But that word merge is not taken well.

Rubbish, was nothing broken with the comp before they introduced the salary cap and points system. Prior to this we had flags from Oak Park, Doutta, Keillor, Greenvale, Marby, Strathmore in just over 10 years.. Also had teams like West Coburg, Avondale, Pacco, APW etc all play finals in A grade and even powerhouses like Doutta and Strathmore fight our relegation battles.

It was a super competitive comp and the envy of all. We had big investment from power brokers like Allison, Hille, Larkins etc and plenty of corporate support wanting to invest in the comp..

But the other leagues like WRFL, Ballarat league etc got jealous and couldn’t compete with what the EDFL had built so got Football Vic to introduce these communist measures and all it has done is weaken the strong comps like EDFL & EFL and strengthened the VAFA where they have the false salary cap of offering jobs and free tuition to kids like SKOBS.

The points system is the worst as it just entrenches the strong sides with big junior programs by getting stronger all whilst crushing any chance an ambitious club like Pacco or Avondale from being able to compete. The great Marby side who won flags and increase the professionalism of the comp would never be possible under the current model and the league is worse off for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back