EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Went and had a look at Keilor/Marby yesterday

Really impressed by Marby and a bit disappointed in the Keilor effort. Good start by Marby and they seemed like they wanted it that bit more. Midfield was an even battle and Cartelli was clearly Keilors best player. Kept them in it in the 1st half. McGuane and Bathie had minimal influence forward. Gourdis was dangerous. Galea was well beaten but still ended up with 3.

Marbys midfield was rock solid and while Browne really dominated the ruck contests Marby did a good enough job of nullifying them from winning too many clearances.

Keilor didn't have a lot to play for and with 4 out suspended and Joyce out they will certainly field a stronger side in coming weeks. After all the drama of last weekend I was surprised to see senior Keilor players still wanting to engage in some argy bargy! The sight of Galea trying to charge Marby players as they were walking into the rooms was surprising!

All in all Marby were just harder at the footy and deserved their win. Looks like they may just miss finals and in recent form I'd say most of the other finalists would be glad to not have to face them

no surprise with Dean Galea, a hot head at his VFL clubs and when at Avondale the last few years.

yes Marby inform team at the moment, bit of luck next week with a Greenvale lost to West Coburg and Marby win over Douttas will see Mary sneak into the finals.

just word going around the traps.
Busy month for McGuane if "word around the traps" was anything to go by, he was gonna coach abers and/or strathmore next year, sent a player out to belt a bloke last week, threw the game against Marby this week so douttas wouldn't make finals. But the reality of it is he resigned at keilor for 2 years, coached the under 10s to a flag today and has the seniors in a good spot for a big push at a premiership as well as the reserves, thirds and 18s all in the hunt for flags also

Busy month for McGuane if "word around the traps" was anything to go by, he was gonna coach abers and/or strathmore next year, sent a player out to belt a bloke last week, threw the game against Marby this week so douttas wouldn't make finals. But the reality of it is he resigned at keilor for 2 years, coached the under 10s to a flag today and has the seniors in a good spot for a big push at a premiership as well as the reserves, thirds and 18s all in the hunt for flags also
Wow!! Mick coached the under 10's to a flag today... clap clap clap... i wonder what the parents of the under 10's he coached think about him alledgedly protecting a thug who caved a poor blokes jaw in behind play with a cowards punch??? will those parents be happy when there kids turn 18 and end up playing for the oposition who is coached by mighty mick Knowing he alledgedly couldnt care less about a humans well being all for a moment of glory?? I beleive All the major sponsers of keilor should be looking at this situation very carefully..are they even aware of the situation that took place last week? The cowards punch is everywhere now... the advertising is everywhere... the last place you should expect it to happen is playing sport on the weekend... justice will be served through the right channels and i beleive there will be some serious questions down the village.

Wow!! Mick coached the under 10's to a flag today... clap clap clap... i wonder what the parents of the under 10's he coached think about him alledgedly protecting a thug who caved a poor blokes jaw in behind play with a cowards punch??? will those parents be happy when there kids turn 18 and end up playing for the oposition who is coached by mighty mick Knowing he alledgedly couldnt care less about a humans well being all for a moment of glory?? I beleive All the major sponsers of keilor should be looking at this situation very carefully..are they even aware of the situation that took place last week? The cowards punch is everywhere now... the advertising is everywhere... the last place you should expect it to happen is playing sport on the weekend... justice will be served through the right channels and i beleive there will be some serious questions down the village.
You believe do you?? ha ha ha , no idea what you're talking about. Mick signed for another 2 years , organised function last Friday with 200 in attendance including all major sponsors who had a great time, things going nicely at "the village". Expected couple of flags to come in the next month also, will that shut you up. If you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen... BANG

Have any clubs from premier division been told they are holding Division 2 semi's this weekend? Rumour was Keillor and Glenroy, but now Keillor and Greenvale...
Can anyone confirm?

Grant won't be at greenvale next year . If he is about 20 players won't be.

20 Players!! Wow that sounds like something that should never happen in any footy club and that's the players running the club and doing whatever they like. You must have some good information from these 20 players....Where will they go?

no surprise with Dean Galea, a hot head at his VFL clubs and when at Avondale the last few years.

yes Marby inform team at the moment, bit of luck next week with a Greenvale lost to West Coburg and Marby win over Douttas will see Mary sneak into the finals.

Galea incident not good ! Wanting to come into the Marby rooms at half time to fight , come on !!
Seems to always pick on the younger blokes , good player but doesnt set great examples .
Whats going on at Keilor !!!!

20 Players!! Wow that sounds like something that should never happen in any footy club and that's the players running the club and doing whatever they like. You must have some good information from these 20 players....Where will they go?
You kidding right. Most of these players are juniors and are heart and soul Greenvale players. Would only leave on extreme circumstances. He must have rub a few of these guys the wrong way. It might have to do with the way his treated afew senior players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You kidding right. Most of these players are juniors and are heart and soul Greenvale players. Would only leave on extreme circumstances. He must have rub a few of these guys the wrong way. It might have to do with the way his treated afew senior players.

You Know, A club and a group that is on the commencement of a finals campaign by the Reserves and Seniors is a pretty good achievement by any comparison. Can't see why 20 players would want to leave.....sounds like some are being mischievous with that type of commentary.

Galea incident not good ! Wanting to come into the Marby rooms at half time to fight , come on !!
Seems to always pick on the younger blokes , good player but doesnt set great examples .
Whats going on at Keilor !!!!

Thats a poor look and should be investigated by the EDFL. Others wouldn't get away with this behavior. Most of Galeas goals are scored from free kicks.....Soft and cant win his own ball. I did post last week that Keilor looks shaky and they still are.....Out in straight sets

Thats a poor look and should be investigated by the EDFL. Others wouldn't get away with this behavior. Most of Galeas goals are scored from free kicks.....Soft and cant win his own ball. I did post last week that Keilor looks shaky and they still are.....Out in straight sets

Got priors from all reports.

You're kidding yourself, he is a gun and no-one at Marby(and that cow paddock) would walk in his shadow.. and I bet the mouth breathed a sigh of relief Dean didn't make it in your change rooms!!!!

You're kidding yourself, he is a gun and no-one at Marby(and that cow paddock) would walk in his shadow.. and I bet the mouth breathed a sigh of relief Dean didn't make it in your change rooms!!!!

Blame the council for that Cow Paddock as they approve the use of it to play two games of school footy on it nearly every day of the week through a majority of winter... Would like to see how your oval would cope with such traffic??

As for Galea, from my vantage point, he was trying to be a hero that was getting nowhere, there was some verbal jousting between the groups but he is the one that was being overly aggressive and attempted to charge into the Marby rooms.

For a quality player, he should let his skill do the talking and not act overreact as he did at halftime of this game.

On second thought, maybe they should've let him into the rooms......Know he would be stopped made it look more dramatic!! Just like the way he plays for free kicks!!

You Know, A club and a group that is on the commencement of a finals campaign by the Reserves and Seniors is a pretty good achievement by any comparison. Can't see why 20 players would want to leave.....sounds like some are being mischievous with that type of commentary.
Because he has his favorites and treats the other players different you only have to look at the best players from Saturdays game one player got in the best having played 11/2 quarters. I posted on here quite a few weeks ago that they were not a happy team at Greenvale looks like others a hearing the same thing.

Because he has his favorites and treats the other players different you only have to look at the best players from Saturdays game one player got in the best having played 11/2 quarters. I posted on here quite a few weeks ago that they were not a happy team at Greenvale looks like others a hearing the same thing.
S.Grant won't be there next year , word on the street is they've already signed their new coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back