Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on Daniel Mott and Sam Ramsay from Calder cannons this year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Big fan of Mott which is why he is in my current top 20, well balanced mid but lacks a yard of pace, in the Valente mould.

Ramsay is a nice running defender/wingman with a deadly left boot, a bit of Kane Farrell about him.

Gws acad v Swans acad practice match this wkend.
Some draft prospects playing in both teams.
I watched the Swans dismantle Ainslie's Canberra premiers last weekend, and agree that there are some good draft prospects.
The "Allies academy" players played well, but they were nowhere like BOG.
A few young men that have missed early recognition dominated.
I hope GWS academy has improved from the last few years, where this group of Swans has absolutely dominated them.
Canberra is too far, so will rely on other people's feedback on the game.
Who are your prospects?
Swans have a very apparent 8

I think the swans academy will have the better side. With GWS having the top prospect in Green - who I’m sure they’ll have a plan (my opinion best stoppage player in the draft)

I watched the Swans dismantle Ainslie's Canberra premiers last weekend, and agree that there are some good draft prospects.
The "Allies academy" players played well, but they were nowhere like BOG.
A few young men that have missed early recognition dominated.
I hope GWS academy has improved from the last few years, where this group of Swans has absolutely dominated them.
Canberra is too far, so will rely on other people's feedback on the game.
Who are your prospects?
Swans have a very apparent 8

Re: prospects Green & Delahunty are the 2 main. Not sure on others at top age.

I think the swans academy will have the better side. With GWS having the top prospect in Green - who I’m sure they’ll have a plan (my opinion best stoppage player in the draft)
Swans mid fielders will dispute that tomorrow and in 3 weeks.
I think you will be surprised by the big bodied young men who have played men in NEAFL and Ainslie and club footy that will make Greens job a lot more difficult.
I look fwd to hearing all about it.
But it just may be that Green and the Swans mids a well worth drafting!
Good to see the academies developing talent and being able to take advantage.

Watched a half of Calder vs Eastern practise match.

Daniel Mott was all class through the midfield he will be the Liam Stocker of this draft

Josh Kemp is back as a 19 year old and played through the midfield and did well, I’d be shocked if he is passed on again this year

For Eastern it was Mitch Mellis looking sharp, Billy MCCormack doing some nice things up forward. Cody Hirst is back again this year and did some nice things and Jacob Gilbee was solid down back.

Dandenong vs Sandringham tomorrow with Hayden Young and Jack Mahony the main players for me to look at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My new thread and rankings for 2019 will be up on Wednesday I will leave a link to it on here once I have it ready

Not a huge amount was taken out of today’s game between Sandringham and Dandenong, dandy won’t be going back to back and at this stage Sandringham are my premiership favourites.

Hayden Young was disappointing in the midfield, he was moved to defence in the last quarter where he got more of the ball although they where fairly cheap touches, not sure I see him as a top 10 prospect but it’s still early.

Sandringham midfielders Finn Maginess and Ryan Byrnes put on a clinic with both also hitting the scoreboard.

McAsey the pick of the talls but wasn’t a huge game from him, Dean was poor, Worell did some nice things especially when moved forward. Watts decision making was iffy at times. Sam De Koning from dandy certainly looked better forward than back but he was also ineffectual.

Mahony was solid through the midfield and I don’t think he made many mistakes if any with ball in hand. Mitch Riordan is back again as a 19 year old and looked in good touch and Angus Hanrahan is also back and he could have kicked a bag but finished poorly in front of goal on multiple occasions.

I’ll be at a double header next week to see Calder vs Sandringham and Eastern vs Oakleigh

My new thread and rankings for 2019 will be up on Wednesday I will leave a link to it on here once I have it ready

Not a huge amount was taken out of today’s game between Sandringham and Dandenong, dandy won’t be going back to back and at this stage Sandringham are my premiership favourites.

Hayden Young was disappointing in the midfield, he was moved to defence in the last quarter where he got more of the ball although they where fairly cheap touches, not sure I see him as a top 10 prospect but it’s still early.

Sandringham midfielders Finn Maginess and Ryan Byrnes put on a clinic with both also hitting the scoreboard.

McAsey the pick of the talls but wasn’t a huge game from him, Dean was poor, Worell did some nice things especially when moved forward. Watts decision making was iffy at times. Sam De Koning from dandy certainly looked better forward than back but he was also ineffectual.

Mahony was solid through the midfield and I don’t think he made many mistakes if any with ball in hand. Mitch Riordan is back again as a 19 year old and looked in good touch and Angus Hanrahan is also back and he could have kicked a bag but finished poorly in front of goal on multiple occasions.

I’ll be at a double header next week to see Calder vs Sandringham and Eastern vs Oakleigh
Greatly appreciate all the effort you go to, to post here as often as you do, and the work the whole Draft Central team does.

Purely from a Brisbane perspective and our late first and early second round picks, I'm keen on news of some good HBF and general defender types. We need to replace Hodge at the end of the year, and need a fast run and carry rebounding defender. Also another small forward who can hit the score board and help lock the ball in wouldn't go astray.

Want to watch Gippsland this year. Hoping Brock Smith steps up as that classy, but tough as nails general defender we need. Also like watching Caleb Serong and Sam Flanders.

Greatly appreciate all the effort you go to, to post here as often as you do, and the work the whole Draft Central team does.

Purely from a Brisbane perspective and our late first and early second round picks, I'm keen on news of some good HBF and general defender types. We need to replace Hodge at the end of the year, and need a fast run and carry rebounding defender. Also another small forward who can hit the score board and help lock the ball in wouldn't go astray.

Want to watch Gippsland this year. Hoping Brock Smith steps up as that classy, but tough as nails general defender we need. Also like watching Caleb Serong and Sam Flanders.
Plenty of different types of defenders, Hayden Young is the Daniel Rich type with his accurate left boot although he is a better interceptor than Rich when he played back. Lachlan Potter offers pure speed and dare, Sam Ramsay from Calder is quick and a nice left foot kick.

I don’t mind Brock Smith but he does lack that class, Trent Bianco is very classy down back but very much an outside player. Will Gould may be 190cm but he has a leathel kick on him and can certainly be a leader of the backline in the Shannon Hurn type role.

Did you see the game?
Any reports?

No unfortunately I didn’t.
But from 2nd hand reports - fairly scrappy close game,
swans looked like the better team (controlled the play) for more or it.
of the ‘name players’ Rayner (chf) lowkey game. Delahunty (fwd) ok game, needs to be more assertive and hold more marks. Green (mid) double teamed at stoppages got low 20s touches but limited effectiveness.

No unfortunately I didn’t.
But from 2nd hand reports - fairly scrappy close game,
swans looked like the better team (controlled the play) for more or it.
of the ‘name players’ Rayner (chf) lowkey game. Delahunty (fwd) ok game, needs to be more assertive and hold more marks. Green (mid) double teamed at stoppages got low 20s touches but limited effectiveness.
Have had another conversation with a player's family.
No U19 players played for Swans.
Parkes kept Delahunty pretty quiet and moved well over the park. He looks very much a prospect.
GWS have improved greatly since last year, seemed to have almost all grown.
Swan's had really no ruckman, and will be improved when he returns against Tassie in 2 weeks.
Green not double teamed, but was out muscled and not as fit as opposition.
Had to move to fwd line.
Swans mid, McGrath, that was missing last year made either Green look poor, or is a big prospect.
Aidan Watling, Sam Thorn and Lachlan Swaney also ferocious in defence, and worked from one end of the field to the other. Prospects?
They agreed that Rayner and Delahunty need to assert themselves more.
Gedes and Martin worked the ball fwd off the half back line.
He said it was scrappy, but really no love lost. Both teams either over using hand balls in the wrong part of the field or trying to kick to the impossible 3 on 1.
Jacko Barling back and looking pretty good too.
Dol took some fantastic marks both in defence and attack.
Gulden, underager not playing, but big bodies would have kept him pretty quiet in their impressions.
Adams a bit quite.
Cam Edwards and the #1 for GWS worked hard, but were let down by less capable team mates.
Both teams need to sort out playing positions more effectively if either are to make a dint in TAC cup or against Tassie.
I will make the effort next game.
Think both academies will have some home grown picks again this year!
Thanks for the report.

Plenty of different types of defenders, Hayden Young is the Daniel Rich type with his accurate left boot although he is a better interceptor than Rich when he played back. Lachlan Potter offers pure speed and dare, Sam Ramsay from Calder is quick and a nice left foot kick.

I don’t mind Brock Smith but he does lack that class, Trent Bianco is very classy down back but very much an outside player. Will Gould may be 190cm but he has a leathel kick on him and can certainly be a leader of the backline in the Shannon Hurn type role.
Seeing as we're possibly looking at three picks between 16 and 26, we're probably looking outside the top tier of small to medium defenders.

Watched a half of Calder vs Eastern practise match.

Daniel Mott was all class through the midfield he will be the Liam Stocker of this draft

Josh Kemp is back as a 19 year old and played through the midfield and did well, I’d be shocked if he is passed on again this year

For Eastern it was Mitch Mellis looking sharp, Billy MCCormack doing some nice things up forward. Cody Hirst is back again this year and did some nice things and Jacob Gilbee was solid down back.

Dandenong vs Sandringham tomorrow with Hayden Young and Jack Mahony the main players for me to look at.

What were your thoughts on Eastern? Will they improve on 2018 (I hear they beat Gippsland in a practice match two weeks ago)? Did you see any of the first game Eastern vs Cannons? Eastern had a couple of guys coming back from injury that could push into the starting 23.

What were your thoughts on Eastern? Will they improve on 2018 (I hear they beat Gippsland in a practice match two weeks ago)? Did you see any of the first game Eastern vs Cannons? Eastern had a couple of guys coming back from injury that could push into the starting 23.
Massaroti was the main one I liked in the first game, he is a bottom ager. I only got to watch the first half but Eastern don’t look like they will die wondering with plenty of goers in the side. Still think they might be bottom 4.

Massaroti was the main one I liked in the first game, he is a bottom ager. I only got to watch the first half but Eastern don’t look like they will die wondering with plenty of goers in the side. Still think they might be bottom 4.
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. I guess they're hoping for a better year than 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back