Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all and im back again and its a different start to the draft year i must admit, covering the draft this year will be difficult and ill be spending alot of the next few months going over past footage and looking over my notes from the practise matches i got to this year.

Might get a proper review out on the games i went to and plan on doing the rolling mock again aswell.

Have you seen much vision of Baldwin or is he in there off the consensus of him? Only asking cause I’ve never seen any vision of him and am curious.

I like the rating of Campbell. He absolutely should be around that top 5.

Have you seen much vision of Baldwin or is he in there off the consensus of him? Only asking cause I’ve never seen any vision of him and am curious.

I like the rating of Campbell. He absolutely should be around that top 5.
Yeah seen a bit of Baldwin and he reminds me a lot of Jack Darling, he will be one to benefit from a delayed season as he should be well into recovery of his injury from last year.

Campbell is such a dangerous player and not many in this draft class could compare to his kicking skills.

Yeah seen a bit of Baldwin and he reminds me a lot of Jack Darling, he will be one to benefit from a delayed season as he should be well into recovery of his injury from last year.

Campbell is such a dangerous player and not many in this draft class could compare to his kicking skills.

Yep he has a real low piercing kick. Even though he is short he has wide shoulders and looks thick through the hips and thighs so his size won’t go overly against him. He’s not getting pushed off the ball so easily or anything.

Do you think DGB will be hampered by his height in the AFL? 192cm is pretty short to be a KPD these days
I’d be surprised if he remains at 192cm and as an intercept defender it doesn’t really matter how tall he is as long as he can read it and take those grabs. Being taller would be preferable but still think it doesn’t effect his draft range too much, don’t think he goes much higher than what I have him though.

Is Eddie ford really 190?

I really enjoyed watching him in the futures game, he’s a natural footballer. Do you know what his injury concerns were last year?

What about Luke Edwards?

Where do you rate Henry?

Last edited:
Is Eddie ford really 190?

I really enjoyed watching him in the futures game, he’s a natural footballer. Do you know what his injury concerns were last year?

What about Luke Edwards?

Where do you rate Henry?
That’s what he was listed at in their recent practise match team sheet but the offical measurements haven’t been made public yet and not sure when because of the delayed season.

I believe he had ankle troubles and hyper extended his knee a few weeks ago aswel.

Both Edwards and Henry are in my 20s, from about 10-35 there isn’t much separating them for me and that won’t change much unless we get some more games in late in the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why so late for Edwards?

If ford is 190 he will shoot up rankings. I only saw him in 1 game but I really really rate him.
I wouldn’t say he has a defined feature of his game that demands a top 10 spot, he fits in the 10-30 range for now for me but that could change on watching some older footage but that will only get me so far until I see everyone’s development for this year.

Ford will need to fix up his quiet patches, a very hot and cold player. His best is very eye catching

Shattered we don’t get a chance to watch the under 18s this year. I was looking forward to watching Jamarra as much as I was the Dogs. So disappointing for everyone. And of course the late bloomers in the draft.

Shattered we don’t get a chance to watch the under 18s this year. I was looking forward to watching Jamarra as much as I was the Dogs. So disappointing for everyone. And of course the late bloomers in the draft.

I’m hoping we get to see them eventually play. Maybe I’m optimistic.

I would think that even if they don’t play all season that the afl could arrange a single exhibition match in November.

I’m hoping we get to see them eventually play. Maybe I’m optimistic.

I would think that even if they don’t play all season that the afl could arrange a single exhibition match in November.
See my posts elsewhere on the draft board.

If we can have an exhibition game in November, then we can run some type of championships between December and January, with a late January draft.

Most clubs have first year kids on a modified program. So having kids train and play over summer in an U18 comp would be almost as good in terms of fitness.

Would then still give kids 6 weeks at a club if drafted.

Clubs would have a chance to better assess the talent pool.

Hoping the AFL still have some funding this year for the junior programs they support.

I certainly would not complain if my club traded out of this years draft, it is going to be super hard to judge the talent pool. Some clubs are going to nail some bargains and I would not be shocked to see a low draft total.
Might have some very strong 19 year olds next year which could make a 2021 draft pick highly sought after, its looking strong enough as it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back