Universal Love Friday night heaven - the sequel

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Carlton playing Friday nights. Getting to watch our arch rivals get destroyed is a beautiful sight. And in the event of an upset (highly unlikely this week, but imagine the looks on Buddy and Goodes's faces), we get to laugh at the opposition team for losing to Carlton, safe in the knowledge that Carlton will still finish bottom 4.

We can't lose.

17.50 start is 12.50 here. Perfect. As I have a self imposed rule that if you start drinking before midday (except for special occasions) you have a problem. I can leave work early, sit back with a coldie knowing that I obviously don't have a drinking problem and enjoy the farce.
Great thread. Will be a great start to the weekend.

17.50 start is 12.50 here. Perfect. As I have a self imposed rule that if you start drinking before midday (except for special occasions) you have a problem. I can leave work early, sit back with a coldie knowing that I obviously don't have a drinking problem and enjoy the farce.

Why not start drinking at 7AM & constantly toast the fact that you have recognised you have a problem? ;)

This is a special occasion. The first 200+ point loss in AFL history.

Hoping to make a few more dollars from Carlton's misfortune this week (had Geelong over 70.5 last week, a nice little collect), hoping we see a defeat in the big triple figures, but as long as it's over 65.5 points I'll be satisfied this evening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the catch? Im putting my house on them
What??! How

The catch is it's only a $20 maximum bet. It's their Friday favourites promotion, second week in a row Carlton are going to double $20 for most people. Of course most people will eventually lose that money anyway.

Well put 20 on them then you will have 40, enough for a slab of beer to celebrate the death of Carlton after the game.

We should all put $20 on the Swans and use the winnings to fund a BF piss up!

I am half hoping the Blues get up.
Sydney need some smackdown....
With the booing of Goodes, does anyone have any theory why he cops it?
I have no great love for him but I would not be bothered booing him every time he goes near the ball.
Did I miss some dog act in the GF?
I certainly hope it's not just base racism,which I doubt it is...

Point of order here folks. I've recently been reminded that Melbourne actually holds the AFL record with their 186 point loss at Geelong. So hopefully it'll be Sydney tonight by at least 187 :)
There was a country game a week or so ago...400+ to 10 or so....
Let it be like this....if they lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back