Opinion GOOD FRIDAY FOOTBALL AT ADELAIDE OVAL?

Remove this Banner Ad

It'll be like the Queen's Birthday. Essendon as the away team to help boost the crowd for the struggling Melbourne team.

Maybe we should stop trying for these sorts of games and simply try to get better time slots for our existing 11 home games.

It'll be like the Queen's Birthday. Essendon as the away team to help boost the crowd for the struggling Melbourne team.

Maybe we should stop trying for these sorts of games and simply try to get better time slots for our existing 11 home games.
I would like the better slots for our existing games but don't see it happening until the AFL think footy is in trouble in this state..
Those good time slots go to either the big Vic clubs or to the non traditional football state clubs, they think we will all show up (or enough of us will) regardless because we love the game a whole lot more..

Brisbane for example have received good time slots for years now, live and for tv (including many Saturday nights)
Even this year they are involved in 4 home + 3 away Saturday night games and 3 home + 3 away Saturday twilight.. They also then have the Anzac Day game now vs St Kilda and this Easter lead in game on Thursday nights..

We have 2 home + 1 away Saturday night and 1 home + 1 away Saturday twilight.. And that's at a brand new oval which just demanded a good start up..

Listened to MMM today and it sounds like North v someone at Ethiad is a lock. So why flog a dead horse in public again when we know it's going to fail? Surely we are not that clueless. Maybe the AFL no longer talk to us.

Hahaha omg the oval is free and we're gonna make some calls to religious types to get their views. Gold star for effort there chappy, now sit down and stop disrupting the other kids.

Was just thinking. Why does there need to be a 12:40 sunday game. Mondays a publuc holiday and theres only a twilight game... why doesnt someone own sunday night. 7:10 at Adelaide. Mondays a public holiday.... it would be like a standalone saturday night fixture.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Was just thinking. Why does there need to be a 12:40 sunday game. Mondays a publuc holiday and theres only a twilight game... why doesnt someone own sunday night. 7:10 at Adelaide. Mondays a public holiday.... it would be like a standalone saturday night fixture.

Makes sense, 12.40 on Easter Sunday is just wrong. A game you'd only give to a team you didn't like

Listened to MMM today and it sounds like North v someone at Ethiad is a lock. So why flog a dead horse in public again when we know it's going to fail? Surely we are not that clueless. Maybe the AFL no longer talk to us.
Maybe they're trying to get another game on Good Friday?
AFL could easily play a twilight and a night game..
Chapman said they would push for it with a start time for the game of no earlier than a 4:10pm twilight start to respect the religious viewpoints..

He also said they'd try for the Thursday night because anything is better than the timeslot we are getting at the moment at Easter..

I miss going to night games. Do people here even remember those?

Thought the exact same thing when looking at the fixture. It's absurd that there is no night game the day before a national public holiday.

I miss going to night games. Do people here even remember those?
Funny you mention it, I was going to add to my earlier post about how we used to play a decent number of Saturday night games..
I remember well how often you'd head down to AAMI on a Saturday night, even a few Friday's..

Vlad stomped all over that in time.. Everything is for a specific reason now in this competition.. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha omg the oval is free and we're gonna make some calls to religious types to get their views. Gold star for effort there chappy, now sit down and stop disrupting the other kids.

Chappy says he's conflicted because of his personal views

Well guess what champ you have a legal ******* fiduciary duty to the club to put their interests above yours

Forgetting about us, why the **** is Essendon even being mentioned in the media as a possibility?
They already have the Dreamtime game vs Richmond AND Anzac Day..

Then they have the recent scandal, the biggest in AFL history, and they are being talked about being rewarded with the Good Friday game?
I heard it being talked up as the big 1st game back for James Hird and that could help them with getting the game..

He didn't do some amazing volunteer work in a war zone, he didn't go through a recent life threatening situation or save the world in some way..
He was suspended for being part of a ******* drug program..
FFS seriously..

Its the symbolism: Essendon with needles in the arms ....... Jesus with nails thru his hands on the cross

I love it how all bar the Easter Thursday public holiday games are in Victoria.

Good Friday - Victoria (predicted)
Easter Monday -Victoria
ANZAC Day - Victoria
Queens birthday - Victoria

I wonder why our fearless leaders don't raise this point at a major press conference. Keep repeating it until it changes.

Is this the AFL or still the VFL. Hummmmmm?

Easter Monday -Victoria
ANZAC Day - Victoria

I wonder why our fearless leaders don't raise this point at a major press conference. Keep repeating it until it changes.

WWJD
What Would Jeff do?

WWED
What Would Eddie Do?

Easter Monday -Victoria
ANZAC Day - Victoria

Might be a couple of things that we don't want mentioned by the afl at a press conference. The current board/senior management will not be rocking any afl boats any time soon.

Might be a couple of things that we don't want mentioned by the afl at a press conference. The current board/senior management will not be rocking any afl boats any time soon.

Of course they won't, we all know this.

That's why as a club, we are a dead man walking.

Maybe we'll get a Good Friday 12:10pm game against an expansion club

Or a game on Shrove Tuesday :thumbsu:

I can see it now...

"We're bitterly disappointed at missing out on Good Friday footy, but in a massive win for our club, we've secured the rights to the opening NAB Challenge match on Valentine's Day, which is to be played at the picturesque Hickinbotham Oval".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back