Hawks Trade Table

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't pay overs for a player like Suckling he's 26 and had knee troubles in the past

Suckling would be worth about a second round pick. Somewhere between 30-40 might do it. Not sure if Sydney need that type of player though.

Suckling would be worth about a second round pick. Somewhere between 30-40 might do it. Not sure if Sydney need that type of player though.
Yes depends what they see in jones, Rohan and Biggs. Shaw could retire and mal could leave

Would take this in a heartbeat. He's exactly the kind of player we need.

Would take this in a heartbeat. He's exactly the kind of player we need.
I dont know, He's a brilliant user of the ball but he's far from a complete player, He's hopeless in a defensive scenario, Plus needs a no bullshit coach who will let him know when he's trying to be too cute with the ball

22 would work ;)
Given his injury history this would be a no ;) But he'd be a great mentor for our plethora of rebounding defenders who can't kick or just can't find the ball.

Would give up 40 and steak knives, unless Hawthorn add something for 22.

Given his injury history this would be a no ;) But he'd be a great mentor for our plethora of rebounding defenders who can't kick or just can't find the ball.

Would give up 40 and steak knives, unless Hawthorn add something for 22.

Injury history? Please, do elaborate.

Played 23 games in 2011, 25 in 2012 and has played 21 this year. So I count one knee injury.

As for 40 and steak knives, we'll keep our elite ball user thanks.

Injury history? Please, do elaborate.

Played 23 games in 2011, 25 in 2012 and has played 21 this year. So I count one knee injury.

As for 40 and steak knives, we'll keep our elite ball user thanks.
1 ACL is enough to be a turnoff tbh. But yeah I have no idea why Hawthorn would want to trade him in the first place, players with his kicking disposal are rare. If we can't arrange a better trade for 22 (i.e. a midfielder like Vince in 2013) I probably would give it up for Suckling and maybe something else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 ACL is enough to be a turnoff tbh. But yeah I have no idea why Hawthorn would want to trade him in the first place, players with his kicking disposal are rare. If we can't arrange a better trade for 22 (i.e. a midfielder like Vince in 2013) I probably would give it up for Suckling and maybe something else.

I'm all but certain we don't, just speculation because people want to see more of Litherland I'm guessing. If you go back a few weeks it was Stratton on the table. This isn't a Max Bailey or Alex Woodward scenario where knee's have been a constant problem throughout his career, it was a fake step gone wrong and both knee's are in great shape.

But yeah, I really struggle to see what we'd gain from trading Suck, or Schoenmakers for that matter after both suffered early ACL's last year. It often takes time and both guys entered this season with no pre-season. Value is at it's lowest for both really.

Already excited to see more of hallahan and Woodward next season!!
Also I really think mitch Clark would be a low risk high reward player the hawks should look at, same goes with Kane Lucas and Leroy Jetta.

Other than maybe a young to middle aged kpb (any suggestions?) the hawks should take a look at Patrick Dangerfield or a Scott selwood? What would it take to have a shot at one of these boys?

Notice that Suckling in for Sewell. Could this spell the end for Sewell ?
Yeah I think he might be done, been a great figure at the club, he could still play on. Similar situation to Luke ball. Hallahan and woodward waiting for their opportunity though!

Already excited to see more of hallahan and Woodward next season!!
Also I really think mitch Clark would be a low risk high reward player the hawks should look at, same goes with Kane Lucas and Leroy Jetta.

Other than maybe a young to middle aged kpb (any suggestions?) the hawks should take a look at Patrick Dangerfield or a Scott selwood? What would it take to have a shot at one of these boys?
If Mitch Clark ticked all the boxes (health, foot injury etc), I'd look at him

There are better quality players already at Box Hill than Lucas and Jetta

Dangerfield, everyone would take him if the opportunity arises, but at what cost?
Would Shoey, O'Brien and a 1st draft pick be in the ballpark? Prob not

It's a nail in the coffin, but it's more team balance than anything. We have a few slower on ballers at the best of times, and Port will run and run and run, which isn't Sewelly's strength. The fact that Sewell is still uncontracted for next year and we're in Prelim week tells me all I need to know.

I still think Sewell plays next week if we get up against Port.

I think it's more tactical then anything, With port the way to hurt them is an elite kicking game, and breaking the zone, If you can do that they tend to struggle, That and Sewell is just a bit too slow to go with guys like Polec/Boak ect.

We're not trading O'Brien lol. The club is very keen on him, and he's very happy at the club. It's his first year in the 23 and that's the bottom line. (cause Stone Cold said so!)

But seriously, he's damn good and just two seasons into his career. I get the SA link but just don't see the club seeing him as trade bait.

Would only give up Suckling for 22 if he really wanted to go (and if we win and he retains his spot in the side, this is highly unlikely). Hard to find elite ball users like that, and the coach rates him to play in a preliminary final when we have dual premiership stars in the wings. Not a superstar but very handy depth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back