Traded Jack Redden [traded to West Coast for pick 17]

Remove this Banner Ad

rocky said yesterday that jack wanted to leave for success, leppa said today to reinvigourate his football. a man called nathan buckley said much the same thing a few years back, could have been a triple premiership player, and he was a much better player than redden is or ever will be. i would love to keep jack but if he wants to go let him.

For every Buckley there is a Lake.

Yes it backfired on Buckely but it has worked out as well. Especially nowadays with the gap between the have and the have nots being greater then ever.

Eagles could grab Redden from Lions
b8848611z.1_20150903053956_000_gn3aj7ef.3_1-1auerki.jpg

Jack Redden, has told the Brisbane Lions he wants to leave. Picture: Getty Images

West Coast could snare a second quality midfielder from Brisbane in the space of three years after Jack Redden told the Lions he wants to quit the club, with the Eagles his preferred destination.

West Coast, who took Elliot Yeo from Brisbane at the end of the 2013 season, would not buy into the issue yesterday.

Football manager Craig Vozzo declined to comment on Redden, saying only: “We have got finals to worry about and a home-and-away game still to play.

“We are worrying about St Kilda at the moment.”

But Brisbane’s list manager Peter Schwab has confirmed that Redden was open to a move.

“Jack is contracted until the end of 2016 but he would be a free agent at the end of that period,” Schwab said on the AFL’s website.

“He is thinking of requesting a move. We are reluctant.

“He is an experienced player that we haven’t got many of.

“He is a 100-game player, very popular around the club and a required player.

“When that happens it is always disappointing so we will try and talk Jack around and see if we can change his mind but if we can’t and it doesn’t happen that gets the ball rolling and we will see what happens.”

The Lions could be facing their second player exodus in three seasons after losing Yeo, Billy Longer, Sam Docherty, Patrick Karnezis and Jared Polec at the end of 2013.

Where is the quotes that he wants to come to WCE ?

Stuffs me. I doubt it would be made public straight away though. Pure speculation where he wants to go at the moment.

So Jack Redden hey?

Any Lions fans want to give me their views on the type of player he is? Strengths/weaknesses etc?
Good midfielder, great tackler. A bit slow. Had groin injuries this year, so for a better indication of his talent look at his previous 2 years. He finds the ball and gets a shedload of tackles. I'm not sure he's much of a leader, seems a bit quiet, maybe more of a lead-by-example guy. I'll be disappointed when he goes

Good midfielder, great tackler. A bit slow. Had groin injuries this year, so for a better indication of his talent look at his previous 2 years. He finds the ball and gets a shedload of tackles. I'm not sure he's much of a leader, seems a bit quiet, maybe more of a lead-by-example guy. I'll be disappointed when he goes

Thanks Nintendo.

Disposal?

Overhead marking?

Thanks Nintendo.

Disposal?

Overhead marking?

Disposal's adequate - not a game breaker, but not an active disadvantage. You don't flinch when he has the ball. Overhead marking is disappointing for his height - you'd figure it would be a strength given he's 190 cm (IIRC) but he's never shown anything more than competency.

Basically he's a pretty stock footballer with no real disadvantages and no real advantages except his tackling. Should really do more with his possessions as they don't feel like they really hurt, which is why we're disappointed but not scaling the walls at him leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think you've shitposted enough for this year. :thumbsu:

I don't watch too much of Brisbane and he's one of those players that goes unrecognized, but going by the descriptions of your supporters after he sought a trade he sounds like a good average plodder.

He hasn't improved, he's stagnated, in fact the word was that he'd gone backwards and would be no great loss. Good list management apparently.

I don't watch too much of Brisbane and he's one of those players that goes unrecognized, but going by the descriptions of your supporters after he sought a trade he sounds like a good average plodder.

He hasn't improved, he's stagnated, in fact the word was that he'd gone backwards and would be no great loss. Good list management apparently.

You spend an awful lot of time starting threads about Brisbane players. It's alright closet fan, come out some day - you'll feel better.

Eagles second rounder, pick 33 at a guess should do you'd think.
Yeah I think you've shitposted enough for this year. :thumbsu:

Whether that is his true worth or not is irrelevant

He will qualify for band 2 compo next year or at the very worst band 3

Assuming Brisbane stay bottom 4 a that means a pick between 19 and 24 next year

Why would they give him up for less?

If he does go to the Eagles - the Selwood compo pick would seem the fair deal (circa pick 20)

The only way 33 would be involved is if we are sending a player as well

If he does go to the Eagles - the Selwood compo pick would seem the fair deal (circa pick 20)

The logic of that particular Poster is not strong. He is a serial pest on any topic to do with Brisbane and even those on his own board seem fairly disdainful and tired of his opinions. He will appear in every thread involving a Brisbane player suggesting logically bizarre trades. He mostly gets ignored now.

Back on topic, I think Brisbane and West Coast can probably do a reasonably fair trade for both parties. It sounds like the Selwood trade might need to go through first so that West Coast know what they have to offer. Brisbane can either use the pick in the ND , trade it on again for a player or most likely keep it for spending on academy players. Redden will be useful for the Eagles and a pick around 20 would be useful for the Lions. There could also be a minor swap of late picks but more for show than anything else. If that sort of trade didn't eventuate I think we would more than likely just keep Redden and go for compo next year.

About that and a fingy in my guess...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back