Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only bright side out of this deal for the Swans is just further re-enforcing the need for academies in non-traditional states.

Finlayson, M.Kennedy, Setterfield and Zac Williams were all GWS academy players who requested trades interstate. The academy system isn’t a solution to player retention issues.

Crows won’t split 4. We only have 4 spots - 1 is for Dawson and two are for Butts and Keays to be upgraded from the rookie list. That leaves 1. With perhaps a couple of rookies.
We only want 1 draft pick. We can’t really use 2. We’re not splitting 4

Minimum requirement to use is 3 draft picks.

Crow supporters still losing sleep over this deal?
Just let the clubs sort things out & don't worry about it.
Every chance Dawson is prepared to stay a Swan for a few more years.

Because Swans fans are handling this juuuuust fine…

I guess everything is a chance, but I can’t recall a player ever doing that, and there’s been no reports that Dawson will do that (both clubs have publicly mentioned the PSD though).

Crows won’t split 4. We only have 4 spots - 1 is for Dawson and two are for Butts and Keays to be upgraded from the rookie list. That leaves 1. With perhaps a couple of rookies.
We only want 1 draft pick. We can’t really use 2. We’re not splitting 4
You will split it.
4 doesn't belong to Crows as we speak if you are in the market for Dawson.
Tigers looking to take your 4.

Because Swans fans are handling this juuuuust fine…

I guess everything is a chance, but I can’t recall a player ever doing that, and there’s been no reports that Dawson will do that (both clubs have publicly mentioned the PSD though).
The Swans are good fair traders. Every other club knows this including the Crows.
Just relax & watch how it pans out. If Dawson is to be a Crow your club will make it happen.
Don't forget Dawson gets a genuine chance at premiership success in the next two years as a Swan & that was how it was going down until he changed his mind late.
There is every chance Jordan is remaining a Swan if a deal can't be made, hence the stance the Swans are taking on this. Dawson won't shaft the Swans. He would want us getting the best deal. It's not a matter of money because we were close.
I'm happy to watch how this sorts out. Dawson is a professional footballer & to just stay a Swan rather than go to the unknown some 6 weeks later won't be a path he will take, when he has every chance to play a key part in a successful period for the Swans rather than taking a punt. He has friends at the Swans & will be welcomed back easily.
Interesting times.

The Swans are good fair traders. Every other club knows this including the Crows.
Just relax & watch how it pans out. If Dawson is to be a Crow your club will make it happen.
Don't forget Dawson gets a genuine chance at premiership success in the next two years as a Swan & that was how it was going down until he changed his mind late.
There is every chance Jordan is remaining a Swan if a deal can't be made, hence the stance the Swans are taking on this. Dawson won't shaft the Swans. He would want us getting the best deal. It's not a matter of money because we were close.
I'm happy to watch how this sorts out. Dawson is a professional footballer & to just stay a Swan rather than go to the unknown some 6 weeks later won't be a path he will take, when he has every chance to play a key part in a successful period for the Swans rather than taking a punt. He has friends at the Swans & will be welcomed back easily.
Interesting times.

Genuine chance at a premiership???? You taking the P155. You couldn’t even win a final 😂

Interesting times.

I’m not saying it won’t happen, everything’s possible, but you’re acting like it’s the likely scenario, it just isn’t.

- It’s never happened before.
- It’s not been leaked that it’s a possibility.
- Both clubs have publicly acknowledged that the opposite scenario (PSD), is a possibility.

Lol....you clown, its because your club is a pack of low ballers.

Look at the deals we’ve reportedly offered, compare them to the trades of significant OOC players we’ve done in the past, and consider the context of this circumstance.

You’ll find that we haven’t lowballed at all, the offers put forward are very reasonable under the circumstance.

It’s clear Sydney are trying to bluff their way into pick 4, and part of me is worried that they’ll succeed, but realistically it’s a low percentage play. Pick 17 is already unavailable, and it’s probably only a matter of time before other options are unavailable. Unless we completely bottle it the deal is only going to get worse for Sydney.

Their whole plan seems to be bluff and hope Adelaide cave, which I doubt pays off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting times.

This reeks of desperation. Pull yourself together.

Do Swans have any academy kids coming through next year? (or is that a stupid question and we should just assume that's the case)

Could send Swans our 2022 2nd & 3rd

Likely to equate to somewhere between Pick 12 & 16 in terms of points.

Interesting times.
Lol - the PSD isn't an unknown, and neither would be the $1.2m cheque he'd receive.

The Crows want to appear reasonable to an audience of Dawson and Doughty. The PSD also helps us get to the salary cap floor, which we'd currently struggle to reach.

In many ways, the PSD is a much more commonsense outcome for all parties (other than his previous employer, and now opposition).

The Crows have always been happy to offer a mutually beneficial solution to a problem where they have a massive advantage. Surely the self-destructive bullheadedness of Sydney is finally over?

Do Swans have any academy kids coming through next year? (or is that a stupid question and we should just assume that's the case)

Could send Swans our 2022 2nd & 3rd

Likely to equate to somewhere between Pick 12 & 16 in terms of points.

We do. Probably pick around the 40s as it stands now. So do not need points to match a high bid.

Also for what it is worth, we have produced four first round academy selections in 10 years of the academy being active. So, one every 2.5 years.

The Crows have always been happy to offer a mutually beneficial solution to a problem where they have a massive advantage. Surely the self-destructive bullheadedness of Sydney is finally over?

Interesting.

Leverage is definitely in your favour. The fact we are being stubborn is either a brass ball move, stupidity or there is more to. Noting our trading history as being very good when it comes to player moves, I would sggest the latter.

Swans have been known to be fair traders for quite awhile. Something is definitiely off in this situation.

I think you misread that, it was more a suggestion that if you had a quality academy player coming through then 2022 picks represent vastly different value than if you don’t.
What do you think Crows current offer on the table is (or likely future offer)?

I stuggle to think they will only offer 33, so something future will be core to the deal.

What do you think Crows current offer on the table is (or likely future offer)?

I stuggle to think they will only offer 33, so something future will be core to the deal.

Pick 33 is in a bit of an awkward spot to be used in a trade, because adding a future 2nd to it is probably a bit too much (unless Sydney send a 3rd/4th back), and adding a future 3rd is probably too little.

It's pretty simple really.

If the player is under contract the selling club sets the price.

If the player is not under contract the buying club sets the price.

Failure to reach a deal? PSD.

For those saying North wouldn't take him in the PSD, remember Dawson is from Robe, not Adelaide.

That's about 4.5 hours drive from Adelaide, and about 6 hours drive from Melbourne. That is not the greatest difference in the world.

North, with Blakey there who oversaw a lot of his development at the Swans, might just back themselves to keep him. At least they might think it worth the risk to try.

If he ends up at North, he ends up at North. Reality is that the PSD is only an option if Jordan is happy with the risk. If he's not, we need to pay up or Port may enter the picture. If he is, then we may have tabled our first and last offer. It all rests on Dawson's willingness to hit the PSD and earn $1.2m in year 1.

Back