Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only bright side out of this deal for the Swans is just further re-enforcing the need for academies in non-traditional states.

Finlayson, M.Kennedy, Setterfield and Zac Williams were all GWS academy players who requested trades interstate. The academy system isn’t a solution to player retention issues.

I’m sure this has already been suggested in the past 85 pages, but Dawson and pick 12 for pick 4? Gives the Swans a look at someone like Hobbs or Ward, gives Crows someone like local boy Draper in addition to Dawson.

Which side’s fans would be unhappy with that? Probably both I guess.
Most Swans fans are happy with that, some think Dawson is worth 4 alone

Yet to see a Crows fan say that's OK because they'd rather PSD draft him or see him walk to North before using pick 4

I’m sure this has already been suggested in the past 85 pages, but Dawson and pick 12 for pick 4? Gives the Swans a look at someone like Hobbs or Ward, gives Crows someone like local boy Draper in addition to Dawson.

Which side’s fans would be unhappy with that? Probably both I guess.
Crows currently not willing to deal 4 or 2022 first….

swans currently not accepting under pick 10 value….

(insert 20 pages of PSD bullshit)

This. I think most Swans fans would rather a standalone mid-late first round pick, and most Crows fans would also rather do that.

Would you rather have the Dees’ future first (knowing it could well be pick 18 and get pushed back) and maybe something a little extra?

Would you rather have the Dees’ future first (knowing it could well be pick 18 and get pushed back) and maybe something a little extra?
I would take your future first OR Dees future first and your future second

Our future first is not available, we’re not getting involved in this trade 😉
Ahhh sorry my mistake.

Adelaide's future first or Dees future first and Adelaide's future 2nd

Crows won’t split 4. We only have 4 spots - 1 is for Dawson and two are for Butts and Keays to be upgraded from the rookie list. That leaves 1. With perhaps a couple of rookies.
We only want 1 draft pick. We can’t really use 2. We’re not splitting 4

If that's the case, sounds like you don't need pick 33. How would you feel about Melbourne's future 1st and pick 33 for Dawson?

PSD is minimal risk for Adelaide, offer Dawson a one year contract at, say $850,000.

Would NM, Collingwood or GCS pay that for one year, knowing the player doesn't want to be there and would again be out of contract in 12 months?

I dont thinks so.

It might work in Dawsons favour though, more money than originally offered.

PSD is minimal risk for Adelaide, offer Dawson a one year contract at, say $850,000.

Would NM, Collingwood or GCS pay that for one year, knowing the player doesn't want to be there and would again be out of contract in 12 months?

I dont thinks so.

Or Dawson decides to not take the risk, sign for 2 years at Sydney to become free agent and then he could be more open to joint port at that time. Who knows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or Dawson decides to not take the risk, sign for 2 years at Sydney to become free agent and then he could be more open to joint port at that time. Who knows

The flaw with this theory is that at that point he would likely become a RFA and he’d back at the same point. Sydney would be able to hold him or send him to the PSD, his management would know this and would be advising him appropriately.

Not to mention it would be a somewhat unprecedented move that there hasn’t been a single report that he’s considering, despite both clubs admitting the PSD is a possibility.

I dont thinks so.

No chance we take someone on 850k if he doesn’t even want to be here.

even if we could afford him

Dawson owes sweet fa to Sydney. He's out of contract. He has chosen his team in the state he wants to live, which is also the team that offered him the best terms.

Do you seriously think he would give that up after Sydney mess around being unreasonable in his trade? If anything he'd be pissed off.

He will not be playing for Sydney next year, you need to accept this.

I dont thinks so.

The risk is likely elsewhere, in that it might see a pay increase to Dawson, or a more heavily front-ended contract. Both aren't ideal situations for Adelaide, but better than moving pick 4 in any capacity.

Yes we would bite you little man.

imagine selling that to the rest of the team..'well boys, we have decided to pick up Dawson in the preseason draft. He has told us he does not want to be here and has placed a value of the first year of his contract at $1.2 million that we have to pay and said he will only sign for 1 year and then request a trade back to SA. But the good news is that he won't be able to play for Adelaide next year and all of you are taking less money to have him here for that year'

Back