Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2012 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You got that correct

Port Adelaide commits to selecting Sam Colquhoun in pre-season draft

TEENAGE star Sam Colquhoun is heading to Port Adelaide.

In a recruiting coup, the rebuilding Power has committed to taking the Central District running machine with its first pick at next Tuesday's AFL pre-season draft.

Port Adelaide commits to selecting Sam Colquhoun in pre-season draft

Don't know how much of a coup it is, nor if he is a star, but welcome aboard Sam.

I rated Sam highly earlier in the year.

Like with more PSD/Rookie type selections he has his flaws but he's a high production back flanker with an elite running game (in an endurance sense) and very sound footskills so there is the chance for him to find a role.

Is Eric Wallace from America any chance?

Not much has been said of late but if any of those Americans get a shot Wallace is that more likely and certainly is in the mix with plenty of interest surrounding his strong testing.

Martin would certainly have been a top 10 pick and would have gone clear top 5.

given the GC traded pick 2 for him, i'd say he certainly would've been a top 2 pick, ie: if he was in the draft pool GC would've taken him with 2.
funny how many GC supporters etc say where do you think martin would've gone lol, given you blokes had pick 2 im tipping you would've taken him there lol
All that said i may have taken him 1. I think he would be the clear number 1 favourite for 2013 draft if in the pool, unless one of the tall boys like Boyd rips it up next season

given the GC traded pick 2 for him, i'd say he certainly would've been a top 2 pick, ie: if he was in the draft pool GC would've taken him with 2.
funny how many GC supporters etc say where do you think martin would've gone lol, given you blokes had pick 2 im tipping you would've taken him there lol
All that said i may have taken him 1. I think he would be the clear number 1 favourite for 2013 draft if in the pool, unless one of the tall boys like Boyd rips it up next season

The club wanted to spread the age of the list, and we had to downsize it this year. Martin doesn't count on our list until next year, if I'm not mistaken. GC had to be active in the mini-draft for those purposes.

You are correct and with Aish he was generally considered a clear top 2 player if not the likely no.1 selection. I just rate him slightly lower, though not by much with that whole top 5, maybe top 6 group very even.

The club wanted to spread the age of the list, and we had to downsize it this year. Martin doesn't count on our list until next year, if I'm not mistaken. GC had to be active in the mini-draft for those purposes.

i think spreading the age of the list is less important given Martin is only about 6 months younger than other early picks, a bit less in some cases, he is a Jan 95 birth date....

the more important thing for GC is that he is a super super talent, the guys a gun, weighs bugger all but is a good height and can do it all, take big marks, kick goals, play inside, play outside.....

im gonna love watching him play, just hopefully not carving it up against us

From a supercoach point of view...

Which of the new/couple yrs in the system rucks in the system do you believe will be in for a good 2013?

ie-Mcbean, Currie, Redden or any other rookies.

also do you have any roughies that you think might be find a role and breakout in their respective side in 2013? (any position player).

Cheers.

Which of the new/couple yrs in the system rucks in the system do you believe will be in for a good 2013?

also do you have any roughies that you think might be find a role and breakout in their respective side in 2013? (any position player).

Cheers.

I think you will find that McBean wont be getting alot of games in the next 2 maybe 3 years.
203cm and only 87kgs atm will need 3 years to get to 100kgs before being ready to atleast compete

Cheers.

I think it's more a year for those top end ruckmen as opposed to breakout types. So for supercoach Naitanui is a must then probably a Cox/Sandilands/Mumford/Jacobs/Leuenberger/Goldstein or whoever you fancy as that second option.

I don't see any ruckmen having massive breakout seasons in 2013 specifically.

Zac Smith will get better but not enough to be a premium ruck option.

Jarrad Redden will likely improve incrementally but he's not going to be a premium next year.

Currie will be a depth option for North Melbourne where if Goldstein misses games he will be the first one in.

Dawson Simpson could be one to look at if Hamish McIntosh gets injured and he could be a no.1 ruck consideration for Geelong but I'd hold off until he starts playing.

Jarrod Witts and Brodie Grundy will get their chances to play some senior games for Collingwood. Witts more likely the Jolly replacement, Grundy as the Lynch (2nd ruck/fwd) type.

Max Bailey might be a chance for more senior games if he has a strong preseason and might be one to watch for.

The Carlton ruck situation could also be interest and could go any number of ways.

McBean won't play. Too thin. He's a tall KPP, not a ruckman and will need time.

As roughies look out for Lewis Stevenson (Port Adelaide defender) traded from West Coast. Was really under utilised there and will play a big rebounding role as that precise kicking defender and be that no.1 option. Could be the next Matt Suckling.

Jordan Russell I expect for Collingwood will receive plenty of opportunities and could be used in that primary rebound role and take the kickouts which could mean big numbers if he re-discovers his form from 2 years ago.

Sam Docherty after not debuting last year would have to be a chance off half back for Brisbane with Drummond retired now. Had injury troubles season one and one to watch for in preseason.

Dean Turlich I think will be another ripper of a defender as a late pick type for Melbourne and will score plenty and be a regular.

Tom Mitchell from last years draft as a Sydney F/S should get games and is a high production type who could do a Mitch Wallis as a midfielder and come in second season and play well. Missed season one with injury but watch for preseason info.

Jack Viney is a ripper and at a cheap price is a no brainer.

Bryce Gibbs I also expect to have a genuine breakout season through the midfield for Carlton where he probably should have played all along and Brendon Goddard should be play better footy for Essendon after his past two seasons being below his expected standard playing too outside, should play more inside for Essendon.

Jordy will get a regular gig at the pies hey? As much as it would hurt if he does, I'd love to see him play well.

As always good stuff, cheers.

Jordy will get a regular gig at the pies hey? As much as it would hurt if he does, I'd love to see him play well.

As always good stuff, cheers.

Hardly a certainty but when Marty Clarke and Simon Buckley can get games in that back half there is certainly a fair chance Jordan Russell can get games.

Collingwood really lack that drive out of the back half with quality talls, good shutdown types but limited footskills and limited ability to generate any meaningful drive, and no real kickout option with Leon Davis retired so it's his if he has a strong preseason and can put together strong form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knightmare a few Crows posters like Josh Bench to get picked up in the RD.
Got any info ?

Adelaide like Ian Callinan so much that they want to add another small guy?

I'm guessing people have seen his highlights clip?

Bench is an interesting one. Certainly not short on playing ability and played some good football for the Western Jets. Skills sound. Certainly finds the footy and rare agility just zigging from side to side quickly and easily to evade tackles no problem but then also has some very impressive straightline speed where he can burst away and do damage that way.

Certainly a solid rookie option.

Just a quick note. I plan to release the 1st round of my 2013 mock draft on the 12th December (one day after the rookie draft) so as to not to take the attention away from this years draft group.

It's all ready to go with draft profiles and for those who can't wait I've updated my 2013 power rankings just to get a very early feel for some of next years names.

Looking forward to reading this KM. rumor on our board is that we have already shown a lot of interest in Salem. So I'm keen to see what your views are of him. I have not seen much this year.

Looking forward to reading this KM. rumor on our board is that we have already shown a lot of interest in Salem. So I'm keen to see what your views are of him. I have not seen much this year.

I've got him in my first round at this stage but could feature in as late 1st - 2nd round type if the draft was held tomorrow.

I like his game. Has played more outside but has a real physical edge to him. He loves tackling and has an exceptionally strong body so he can do some big damage with that. Also loves the off-ball stuff just with all the blocking and little things you don't always see.

Cheers guys. I remember this time last year hearing we we're into McBean and that eventuated so we'll see what happens here. It certainly seems though that when FJ gets his mind set on a player it sticks.

What your views on Cadeyn Wiliams - Murray Bushrangers looks a real smoky and fell out of the draft cause of injuries ???.

What your views on Cadeyn Wiliams - Murray Bushrangers looks a real smoky and fell out of the draft cause of injuries ???.

An interesting one considering how little we've seen of him this year as you mentioned due to injury and I'm a little surprised to see him get taken, thinking he would probably get to come back next year and have another go but fantastic opportunity for the guy.

He had that big game 7 goal game earlier in the year where he just went off but he does have some versatility to his game and isn't one of those forward only types.

What stands out to me is his ball use and the calmness he shows with ball in hand but then also has strong marking ability at his size. I'm interested to see where he settles but I like his game more up the field if he can start to find more of the footy.

Hi Knightmare i know you would have posted about Kyle Hartigan some where but some info on him would be great mate:thumbsu:

Hartigan is a good one who I've been talking about every year though less this year.

Had a relatively down year against what he had been doing previously but is those couple of years older ando can play a strong shutdown role and play right away. Not the most athletic and footskills not great but has a good 1v1 game and can also take some strong intercept marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back