Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2012 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers ... :thumbsu:

I just don't see the attraction for Prismall

I would like us to delist Logan & Daniel Stewart, take the smallish salary cap hit, & go deep into the PSD

Dayle Garlett is a talent that would help us greatly, we could have Wanganeen, Pickett, Cockatoo-Collins mentor him.

I would also like Byron Sumner & Hayden Jolly rounding out the PSD

Then Colquhoun and Jurrah in the rookie draft.

Raikiwasa & Cachia would also be interesting.

Damn greedy I know, what do you reckon?

Prismall wouldn't be my first choice either. Good player but unless you're on the field you're no good to me and Prismall is in this boat.

Port Adelaide won't go that crazy turning over the list post draft. It just doesn't happen with St Kilda with Winmar one of the rare exceptions making a list change post draft.

Garlett to Port Adelaide is interesting. Certainly room for him in that team! Would be a round one starter if he wants to be. I suspect if anyone takes him it will be Essendon though. Garlett anywhere would be interesting to watch, but I think Garlett would be better suited in a more established culture and Port Adelaide as that developing club might not be the best situation for him with a Sydney really a team I'd be interested to him play for.

Byron Sumner has showed some ability and the only reason he left Sydney was the go home factor. Might be worth looking at as a rookie but not a must have.

Hayden Jolly could certainly find a role in that Port Adelaide midfield. Likely never going to be a high level player but has role player potential through there.

Colquhoun has his limitations but as a rookie is a solid choice.

Jurrah has talent and good to read he is in condition. If motivated his history suggests he can produce but how long he stays motivated for is anyones guess.

Raikiwasa should have been rookied last year and unlucky. Could play a role in the back half for a team but not sure where he fits for Port Adelaide with enough talls and Clurey just recently added through the national draft making that back half tall enough.

Cachia can play a role through the midfield with his hard inside game. From what I hear might not be the best guy around the club - from reports has an attitude, but if you can produce as he has you can take a chance on him as a rookie.

Prismall wouldn't be my first choice either. Good player but unless you're on the field you're no good to me and Prismall is in this boat.

Port Adelaide won't go that crazy turning over the list post draft. It just doesn't happen with St Kilda with Winmar one of the rare exceptions making a list change post draft.

Garlett to Port Adelaide is interesting. Certainly room for him in that team! Would be a round one starter if he wants to be. I suspect if anyone takes him it will be Essendon though. Garlett anywhere would be interesting to watch, but I think Garlett would be better suited in a more established culture and Port Adelaide as that developing club might not be the best situation for him with a Sydney really a team I'd be interested to him play for.

Byron Sumner has showed some ability and the only reason he left Sydney was the go home factor. Might be worth looking at as a rookie but not a must have.

Hayden Jolly could certainly find a role in that Port Adelaide midfield. Likely never going to be a high level player but has role player potential through there.

Jurrah has talent and good to read he is in condition. If motivated his history suggests he can produce but how long he stays motivated for is anyones guess.

Raikiwasa should have been rookied last year and unlucky. Could play a role in the back half for a team but not sure where he fits for Port Adelaide with enough talls and Clurey just recently added through the national draft making that back half tall enough.

Cachia can play a role through the midfield with his hard inside game. From what I hear might not be the best guy around the club - from reports has an attitude, but if you can produce as he has you can take a chance on him as a rookie.

Thanks for all that.

My main desire for the PSD & RD is to add speed, then add talent.

My must haves are Garlett & Jurrah, after that I'm not sure.

Just a quick note. I plan to release the 1st round of my 2013 mock draft on the 12th December (one day after the rookie draft) so as to not to take the attention away from this years draft group.

It's all ready to go with draft profiles and for those who can't wait I've updated my 2013 power rankings just to get a very early feel for some of next years names.

Just a quick note. I plan to release the 1st round of my 2013 mock draft on the 12th December (one day after the rookie draft) so as to not to take the attention away from this years draft group.

It's all ready to go with draft profiles and for those who can't wait I've updated my 2013 power rankings just to get a very early feel for some of next years names.
You're keen....

Great stuff KM, looking forward to it.

hey km just wondering have you seen much of emmanuel irra what are the knocks on him which makes clubs so hesitant on him, his write ups and videos show he has speed and good disposal, i guess only thing i see is workrate/endurance thanks

hey km just wondering have you seen much of emmanuel irra what are the knocks on him which makes clubs so hesitant on him, his write ups and videos show he has speed and good disposal, i guess only thing i see is workrate/endurance thanks

Endurance certainly. He's just lacking that consistent week to week play and can be shutdown easily enough and can't just produce every 3rd game. It needs to be an every week thing and he needs to find a way to make sure he can find the footy every week.

I'd also like to see him become more of a contested ball winner. He has some strength with his strong body but is more outside at this stage and I suggest once he starts winning more of his own ball this will also go some way to making him a more consistent footballer.

In addition to this has also had his injury difficulties this year which have probably lowed his output some on what it perhaps otherwise would have been.

I like his game though and with his excellent footskills and the pace and power he has to his game I think he would be a strong choice as a rookie but as a raw type prospect in the national draft it's not surprising he got overlooked.

With Tippett seeming a lock for the Swans, Lower now a Bulldog, plus Prismall also likely to end up at the kennel, do you reckon Port may be a chance for Dayle Garlett in the PSD?

(geez, I hope we are)

With Tippett seeming a lock for the Swans, Lower now a Bulldog, plus Prismall also likely to end up at the kennel, do you reckon Port may be a chance for Dayle Garlett in the PSD?

(geez, I hope we are)

At this stage it sounds like Essendon will be the more likely club, if any invest in Garlett and that's dependent on how he goes training with the Bombers.

Port Adelaide seem most keep on Colquhoun.

At this stage it sounds like Essendon will be the more likely club, if any invest in Garlett and that's dependent on how he goes training with the Bombers.

Yet he's now training at Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

essendon are being very greedy arent they this year trying to get all the steals

They are indeed! Goddard - best free agent (I suspect he will play more inside next year so should be better after two what for him were poor seasons where he was an unexciting outside player). Daniher - best player in the draft through F/S though it may take time until he really finds his feet at AFL level. Garlett probably the best who could be available in the rookie draft. It would be a big haul and would almost certainly make Essendon a top 8 side, if they aren't that already.

They are indeed! Goddard - best free agent (I suspect he will play more inside next year so should be better after two what for him were poor seasons where he was an unexciting outside player). Daniher - best player in the draft through F/S though it may take time until he really finds his feet at AFL level. Garlett probably the best who could be available in the rookie draft. It would be a big haul and would almost certainly make Essendon a top 8 side, if they aren't that already.

coloquhon in the preseason draft would be the icing building a very good team,

also have you seen much of nick hayes KM just found out he is on the lions train on list, only snoop seemed to have considered him in his phantom

coloquhon in the preseason draft would be the icing building a very good team,

also have you seen much of nick hayes KM just found out he is on the lions train on list, only snoop seemed to have considered him in his phantom

I haven't seen much of him or if I have I haven't taken extensive notes but from everyone I talk to they rave about his marking ability.

Every chance Hayes gets considered as that strong marking forward by Brisbane with that real need for that next generation key forward. Hayes will at least add some much needed youth to the KPP stocks in any case.

Which is disappointing for me

I'd love him at Collingwood also so I feel you.

It's just with the direction so many clubs are going - character over playing ability Garlett by the vast majority of clubs it seems just isn't in the calculations of many which is a shame when he is such a quality talent with some real substance to his game.

Nice work ;)

Nice work ;)

I've done my best staying consistent with the idea that I'd draft him and he could play right away for a team if they wanted him but at the same time understanding as I made mention of ever before the national draft that there is every chance that he is completely overlooked.

It's a frustrating dynamic but over recent weeks it's become more clear with Port Adelaide specifically exactly the players they have in mind. You only need to look at who has been training with them and the quantity of players linked to them.

It's a frustrating dynamic but over recent weeks it's become more clear with Port Adelaide specifically exactly the players they have in mind. You only need to look at who has been training with them and the quantity of players linked to them.

Solid citizens?

Solid citizens?

Solid citizens in the rookie draft are sometimes all you need and the flashy, perceived high upside guy isn't always the right choice. If you can find a guy who can play a role for your team then you're on a winner.

You got that correct

Port Adelaide commits to selecting Sam Colquhoun in pre-season draft

TEENAGE star Sam Colquhoun is heading to Port Adelaide.

In a recruiting coup, the rebuilding Power has committed to taking the Central District running machine with its first pick at next Tuesday's AFL pre-season draft.

Port Adelaide commits to selecting Sam Colquhoun in pre-season draft

Don't know how much of a coup it is, nor if he is a star, but welcome aboard Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back