Last Ever Ford Falcon

Remove this Banner Ad

front is from a Mondeo

Ford_Mondeo_sedan_(front).JPG

I'll be aiming to grab an XR8 in white in 2016 if possible. Been a Ford man all my life.Turn 50 in 2016.Final year of the Falcon. Have never purchased a brand new car. It's all lining up for me to treat myself in two years time.
I'll still keep my BF II ute though.

I'll be aiming to grab an XR8 in white in 2016 if possible. Been a Ford man all my life.Turn 50 in 2016.Final year of the Falcon. Have never purchased a brand new car. It's all lining up for me to treat myself in two years time.

* that brother, last ever Falcon, get yourself a GT.

You've earned it man. Keep it in good knick and you can pass it down the family.

**** that brother, last ever Falcon, get yourself a GT.

You've earned it man. Keep it in good knick and you can pass it down the family.
As someone who works for the company, get the XR8 as it will be a better car. The last of the GT's the GT-F is basically a sticker pack with a different tune, a fully optioned XR8 in white would be my pick.

Last edited:
I owned a Falcon once, it was a terrible experience... Still looks like they just slapped their "global car" front end onto an FG and called it a day.

**** that brother, last ever Falcon, get yourself a GT.

GT's are gone now. All 550 GT-F's have been sold.
Sure, if I had the cabbage, I could fork out $85-90K on a GT-F that someone has bought and has'nt driven, but I want to buy brand new.Walk into the dealer, order the car that I want, be there when it rolls off the transporter, and drive it away after pre-delivery checks are completed.
Yeah, I know.Sounds like a wank.But if I'm shouting myself a birthday present like an XR8, I'll milk the experience for all I can get.

I've never owned a Ford (always a Toyota) but if I did it would be a Ford Fusion or an EF Falcon.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GT's are gone now. All 550 GT-F's have been sold.
Sure, if I had the cabbage, I could fork out $85-90K on a GT-F that someone has bought and has'nt driven, but I want to buy brand new.Walk into the dealer, order the car that I want, be there when it rolls off the transporter, and drive it away after pre-delivery checks are completed.
Yeah, I know.Sounds like a wank.But if I'm shouting myself a birthday present like an XR8, I'll milk the experience for all I can get.

Not a wank at all!

New cars cost you money but having that unmolested beast in the driveway with plastic still on bits of trim etc would be great to do once. Even better if it's one of the last cars Australia produces.

As someone who works for the company, get the XR8 as it will be a better car. The last of the GT's the GT-F is basically a sticker pack with a different tune, a fully optioned XR8 in white would be my pick.

Yeah not a big fan of the look of the GT anyway.

Loved the GTE, sexy beast IMO.

Do cars still have column shift?

Some AU taxis had them so they could seat 6. Not sure they've done then since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back