Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I dunno about Stocker and Philp. I believe they’re both 50/50 prospects to make it at AFL level.

Kemp I was pretty high on, until he did his ACL. The more repeat ACL injuries I see in AFL, the more gun shy I’m becoming about such players.
3 decent prospects (at least in their mind) for pick 4 is good trading. Im not a fan of SoS's drafting but I think he in general trades well. That kind of applies here for me as well.

I never would went with Philp, but they reckon he is coming along. Kemp is a classic risk reward selection. Stocker won the medal, so he has some pedigree. All of them for pick 4 is pretty good though

Yeah, I dunno about Stocker and Philp. I believe they’re both 50/50 prospects to make it at AFL level.

Kemp I was pretty high on, until he did his ACL. The more repeat ACL injuries I see in AFL, the more gun shy I’m becoming about such players.

So far the Carlton draft spotter seem much more adept at picking KPP players than mids with Fisher who is more a flanker being the closest thing they have to a good selection since Cripps unless you count Walsh who was a consensus number 1 pick.

Before anyone jumps down my throat Essendon haven't been much better with Parish being our best midfielder picked up since 2013.

So far the Carlton draft spotter seem much more adept at picking KPP players than mids with Fisher who is more a flanker being the closest thing they have to a good selection since Cripps unless you count Walsh who was a consensus number 1 pick.

Before anyone jumps down my throat Essendon haven't been much better with Parish being our best midfielder picked up since 2013.

Seems like a bit of a tactic from SOS to ignore smalls in favour of talls early.

Drafted all of Weitering, McKay, Curnow, JSOS, Glass-McCasker, Macreadie and Kerr within 2 seasons, as well as trading in Marchbank and Plowman.

He did the same with GWS. Great in theory as talls take longer and hold value, but if the mids drafted after don’t come on quickly it can look silly.

Seems like a bit of a tactic from SOS to ignore smalls in favour of talls early.

Drafted all of Weitering, McKay, Curnow, JSOS, Glass-McCasker, Macreadie and Kerr within 2 seasons, as well as trading in Marchbank and Plowman.

He did the same with GWS. Great in theory as talls take longer and hold value, but if the mids drafted after don’t come on quickly it can look silly.
I’m all in favour of drafting your KPP’s first. It’s more the drafting of the mids selected I question. SPS I thought was the correct selection. It’s the subsequent picks that I think have been misses or 50/50 gambles.

Arr0w is Rowell passing the eye test for you yet mate ?

Give it 2-4 years for the draft class to find their natural pecking

Go look at current draft redo's if you have already locked in the first round of last year's draft, and or the number one player

Btw, 57% DE, doesn't scream elite does it

Arr0w is Rowell passing the eye test for you yet mate ?

Not sure Arrow said Rowell is no good, just that he believes others from the same draft class will be better footballers long-term.

Rowell has started extremely well, but I'm not sure anyone could say that he was wrong, given they have played 3 games of footy.

Anyway, enough talk about Rowell in this thread, thanks. Has absolutely nothing to do with Liam Stocker.

Fischer McAsey vs Liam Stocker and Brodie Kemp

I know the Blues haven't exactly won this deal conclusively, but its so disappointing for Adelaide. Rowell was on the cards in the middle of 2019, and they ended up with a guy who will probably leave for a bag of chips at the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the Blues haven't exactly won this deal conclusively, but its so disappointing for Adelaide. Rowell was on the cards in the middle of 2019, and they ended up with a guy who will probably leave for a bag of chips at the end of the year.

Add Pedlar and Philp.

Very bland trade at the moment. Stocker will play this week. I think he’ll translate well.

It's actually mcAsey v Stocker, Kemp and Philp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back