List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do think we would get that would improve our list by trading our C graders
A draft pick.

Ideally only one of Suban, Pearce and De Boer will get significant game time next year. More time should be given to players with creativity and/or pace. That would mean two players of ~100 games experience spending significant time in reserves.

I'd much prefer that being given to the next Sutcliffe/Neale than guys who aren't going to improve the side from here on.

Quite small, goodish speed, gets a lot of the ball. Has been playing at about the same high standard for 2-3 years. Can't recall what his skill level is like but not shocking otherwise it would have stuck in my mind i guess. Solid and consistent without being outstanding.
Someone who follows WP may have a more precise answer. I haven't watched as much wafl this year.
Massive fan of this guy, as he's been a midfield gun who performs at a consistently high standard the last 2-3 seasons. Very good endurance and covers the ground well. Someone at the club mentioned he's the hardest worker on the training track and worked hard to improve his disposal. Worth a rookie spot I reckon.

Massive fan of this guy, as he's been a midfield gun who performs at a consistently high standard the last 2-3 seasons. Very good endurance and covers the ground well. Someone at the club mentioned he's the hardest worker on the training track and worked hard to improve his disposal. Worth a rookie spot I reckon.
interesting.Do you rate him higher that Nelson?

A draft pick.

Ideally only one of Suban, Pearce and De Boer will get significant game time next year. More time should be given to players with creativity and/or pace. That would mean two players of ~100 games experience spending significant time in reserves.

I'd much prefer that being given to the next Sutcliffe/Neale than guys who aren't going to improve the side from here on.

Sure if we are looking at draft picks which by the way will be low 3rd or 4th picks where the chance of finding some thing decent is minimal.For every Suttie and Neales there are the heap of duds and list cloggers we have gone through. But that is beside the point I was commenting on the swapping of players .
Put up C graders and thats what you will get back

The choice is between a known quantity or a punt on an 18 year old who could be better or worse.

That quite excites me.

If there aren't expectations on them we can draft based on direct need. For example, we need speed so let's draft the next available speedy player at pick #78 and see what else can bring to the table into his second year.

Sure if we are looking at draft picks which by the way will be low 3rd or 4th picks where the chance of finding some thing decent is minimal.For every Suttie and Neales there are the heap of duds and list cloggers we have gone through. But that is beside the point I was commenting on the swapping of players .

unless you are collingwood, you get back a 1st rounder

Freo have found plenty of handy players in the third and fourth rounds. Equally some have been duds. So what?

What more can Suban or De Boer give the side? How many good games did they play this year? How much more do you think can be extracted out of them?

They are known quantities and have not shown enough. I expect guys like Crozier and Duffy to supplant them going forward. If someone offered a 3rd round pick for either Suban or De Boer I would take it.

I reckon Ballard could do the role MDB did this year and probably better. Suban I'd like to trade, Demons could use him or the Bulldogs.

McPharlin - Retire
Simpson - Delist & Re Rookie
Deboer - Trade to Eagles for 2nd round pick upgrade

Rookies
Do we need to upgrade Moller to the main list or can he stay on the Rookie list for another year.
Is Vandeluer and Wood safe? We may clean one of them out to go for a couple of older blokes in the rookie draft again.

McPharlin - Retire
Simpson - Delist & Re Rookie
Deboer - Trade to Eagles for 2nd round pick upgrade

Rookies
Do we need to upgrade Moller to the main list or can he stay on the Rookie list for another year.
Is Vandeluer and Wood safe? We may clean one of them out to go for a couple of older blokes in the rookie draft again.

Both rookies are safe and 99% sure Moller is eligible for one more year.

You just hate change Salim. You're like Ross who sounds more like these guys mother than coach. We went backwards this year and you want everything to stay the same. We need another depth player like deBoer on our list like a hole in the head. If we can trade to improve our list or improve our draft position we should do it.

I agree with you that Salim Malik and RTB are alike, both have exceptional knowledge on all things football.

Freo have found plenty of handy players in the third and fourth rounds. Equally some have been duds. So what?

What more can Suban or De Boer give the side? How many good games did they play this year? How much more do you think can be extracted out of them?

They are known quantities and have not shown enough. I expect guys like Crozier and Duffy to supplant them going forward. If someone offered a 3rd round pick for either Suban or De Boer I would take it.

I agree on picks but as a trade swap as some are calling for what would you get
More Suban and De Boer types

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you that Salim Malik and RTB are alike, both have exceptional knowledge on all things football.
That's what I tried to tell Salim. If he just agrees with everything that Ross thinks than he can never be wrong because Ross is the coach and a very good one and what ever he decides to do is what happens. It's a very safe option as is never trading anyone. I however, chose to make up my mind on what I see and have to accept that I am most likely wrong. I can live with that.

That's what I tried to tell Salim. If he just agrees with everything that Ross thinks than he can never be wrong because Ross is the coach and a very good one and what ever he decides to do is what happens. It's a very safe option as is never trading anyone. I however, chose to make up my mind on what I see and have to accept that I am most likely wrong. I can live with that.

a compliment and a backhand at the same time ... nicely worked :)

What the **ck are you waffling on about,show me this complete love of every thing Ross that I supposedly have.
Your another one of these make s**t up posters to back up your arguments
Me not agreeing with you that Moller is a more complete player than Zac C does not somehow turn me into Lyon.
Give Pokerspiv a few likes,the two of you will get on very well

You simply think whatever Ross thinks, I try at least to think for myself. If deboer is a c grader why was he offered another contract? Ross didn't have any trouble telling Broughton that he wasn't good enough and so please leave and he offered very good service to Freo.

Broughton wasn't delisted for not being good enough, he had a personality clash with Lyon.

Slow with poor skills, on a back ended contract. We got rid of him because he wasn't in the best 22 and it helped our salary cap. In hindsight it was a great call.

Would Robbie Gray have kicked four goals in one quarter on Broughton? Not disagreeing with your post, but Broughts can shut down players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back