List of 2015 Free Agents (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Grant Birchall just signed till the end of 2017.

Thanks mate. The OP has been updated and no longer includes Birchall. Interesting move considering he still had two years to run on his contract. I guess Hawthorn don't want to take any chances after Buddy.

Thanks mate. The OP has been updated and no longer includes Birchall. Interesting move considering he still had two years to run on his contract. I guess Hawthorn don't want to take any chances after Buddy.
I dont think the guy was any chance to leave TBO, to sign an extension in the off-season to tie you up untill your 30 is not the greatest way to gouge more money with the threat of F/A.

Our gain however, No complaints from me :)

This is a rule to further assist the new expansion teams - GWS and Suns. They can continue to pilfer players knowing that they are years away from having to face free agency. I am tipping a few clubs will have long memories and count down the days until their players are included in FA.

It was the AFLPA that pushed to have FA in place, the AFL/Clubs were against it initially. Not sure if that changed because of the expansion teams or not but in saying that GC or GWS haven't signed a FA in the last 2 trade periods.

It was the AFLPA that pushed to have FA in place, the AFL/Clubs were against it initially. Not sure if that changed because of the expansion teams or not but in saying that GC or GWS haven't signed a FA in the last 2 trade periods.
I think it came in too early. They haven't but they are the only ones that are untouchable.

This is a rule to further assist the new expansion teams - GWS and Suns. They can continue to pilfer players knowing that they are years away from having to face free agency. I am tipping a few clubs will have long memories and count down the days until their players are included in FA.

I don't think that's true at all. Out of the two expansions clubs, one has signed a free agent since the ruling has come into place and it's not as if Tom Murphy is a superstar. They have enough to worry about when it comes to the end of each season and players ask to be traded home.

If you actually look into it, Gold Coast was essentially given free agency access to players two years before the system existed and GWS the following year. There were two differences between their system and the one currently in place which were - every player was an unrestricted free agent and they were allowed to speak with players through the whole year. Now every club has the same free agency system.

Nearly every club has made use of the free agency system since it has come into play and it's hard to argue that Gold Coast and GWS have benefited greatly from the system coming in.

I don't think that's true at all. Out of the two expansions clubs, one has signed a free agent since the ruling has come into place and it's not as if Tom Murphy is a superstar. They have enough to worry about when it comes to the end of each season and players ask to be traded home.

If you actually look into it, Gold Coast was essentially given free agency access to players two years before the system existed and GWS the following year. There were two differences between their system and the one currently in place which were - every player was an unrestricted free agent and they were allowed to speak with players through the whole year. Now every club has the same free agency system.

Nearly every club has made use of the free agency system since it has come into play and it's hard to argue that Gold Coast and GWS have benefited greatly from the system coming in.
Gee it would be nice that the clubs don't have to worry about it for a long time.

Will the Crows be able to clear enough cap room to hold on to both Dangerfield and Taylor Walker? Neither grew up in Adelaide and you can bet your house that there will be big money thrown at them both. They'll be both 25 years old at the end of 2015 and will be a very attractive option to numerous clubs. Granted, they are restricted free agents but I'm not sure Adelaide will have enough to keep them both. What do you think?

What you don't think that most clubs have to manage their TPP to fit two or more stars under the cap

List Maagement 101

If Collingwood can fit Swan, Beams, Pendlebury, and Cloke, I'm pretty sure Adelaide will not have any problem fitting in Dangerfield and Tex. That said, the variable is whether each of them want to continue playing in South Australia, and if the answer is no, then I guess they will take up the large amounts of cash which will be thrown their way.

Tex is from Broken Hill, so it's not like there's a team he can move to which is closer to home for him. Sloane seems loyal as they come, but Danger may want to seek a move if he's not made captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would qualify if he had a contract in place for 2015. This is the 2015 free agents list not the 2014 free agents list. I apologise for any confusion.
:p

Would love us to go after Dayne Beams. He'd be a perfect fit for our midfield when the likes of Mitchell and Hodge retire in the next few years. Not saying he's going to leave, but If I could have one player from another club he'd be one top of that list.

Would love us to go after Dayne Beams. He'd be a perfect fit for our midfield when the likes of Mitchell and Hodge retire in the next few years. Not saying he's going to leave, but If I could have one player from another club he'd be one top of that list.

Beams would not leave. Love the Club to Much:thumbsu:

I doubt he would test the FA Market

Beams would not leave. Love the Club to Much:thumbsu:

I doubt he would test the FA Market

The only team that would even be a chance would be the Gold Coast because he is from there originally and they'll likely be entering a premiership window at the end of 2015. Having said that, they've chase him in the past and he's said no.

Another problem is the fact that Beams won't even be a free agent at the end of 2015. They would need to change the rules to seven years served at one club for Beams to become eligible at the end of 2015.

The only team that would even be a chance would be the Gold Coast because he is from there originally and they'll likely be entering a premiership window at the end of 2015. Having said that, they've chase him in the past and he's said no.

Another problem is the fact that Beams won't even be a free agent at the end of 2015. They would need to change the rules to seven years served at one club for Beams to become eligible at the end of 2015.
Brisbane have a chance too. We'll be in a premiership window at a similar time to GC and have his brother playing for us. I think it's a Swallow-esque desire, but we probably aren't as obsessive as North fans ;)

Brisbane have a chance too. We'll be in a premiership window at a similar time to GC and have his brother playing for us. I think it's a Swallow-esque desire, but we probably aren't as obsessive as North fans ;)
Brisbane will not be in a premiership window anytime soon.....

How have you came to this conclusion? I don't think we are as worse off as people seem to think.
Black, Brown, McGrath done. Who is there after that? Rocky is a massive stat whore is not damaging at all. Rich proved he cant even come close to handling a tag, same with Hanley. I seriously cannot see enough good young talent coming through to come even close to pushing for the 8 in the next 5 years, let alone a premiership. You just lost 5 of your best young guns for practically nothing.

Sorry to be blunt but it is the truth. Even if Rich and Hanley evolved and out worked the tag, they are not enough to carry the team on their backs.

Black, Brown, McGrath done. Who is there after that? Rocky is a massive stat whore is not damaging at all. Rich proved he cant even come close to handling a tag, same with Hanley. I seriously cannot see enough good young talent coming through to come even close to pushing for the 8 in the next 5 years, let alone a premiership. You just lost 5 of your best young guns for practically nothing.

Sorry to be blunt but it is the truth. Even if Rich and Hanley evolved and out worked the tag, they are not enough to carry the team on their backs.
Rich, Rocky and Hanley = average stat whores or are easily shut down and aren't damaging, while Polec, Docherty, Yeo, Longer and Karnezis = our best young guns... Are you serious?
We lost them for practically nothing (inferring Lewis Taylor, Gardiner, McStay, Robertson, Cutler and West are practically worthless)

Black, Brown and McGrath aren't/weren't in our ten most important players. They've been tremendous servants but aren't vital parts of the team anymore. Black hardly played last year.

Rich and Hanley can't carry us on their backs? That's true, you actually said something correct. It's a good thing that Mayes, Redden, Rockliff, Zorko, Aish, Lester and Leuenberger are also there so those two won't need to carry us.

Whether or not Brisbane will be the real deal in the next 2-4 years, your post is garbage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back