List of 2015 Free Agents (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rich, Rocky and Hanley = average stat whores or are easily shut down and aren't damaging, while Polec, Docherty, Yeo, Longer and Karnezis = our best young guns... Are you serious?
We lost them for practically nothing (inferring Lewis Taylor, Gardiner, McStay, Robertson, Cutler and West are practically worthless)

Black, Brown and McGrath aren't/weren't in our ten most important players. They've been tremendous servants but aren't vital parts of the team anymore. Black hardly played last year.

Rich and Hanley can't carry us on their backs? That's true, you actually said something correct. It's a good thing that Mayes, Redden, Rockliff, Zorko, Aish, Lester and Leuenberger are also there so those two won't need to carry us.

Whether or not Brisbane will be the real deal in the next 2-4 years, your post is garbage.
Need to find a good key forward and you'll be fine, mids are good backline ok hopefully Mcstay and Gardiner come on

Black, Brown, McGrath done. Who is there after that? Rocky is a massive stat whore is not damaging at all. Rich proved he cant even come close to handling a tag, same with Hanley. I seriously cannot see enough good young talent coming through to come even close to pushing for the 8 in the next 5 years, let alone a premiership. You just lost 5 of your best young guns for practically nothing.

Sorry to be blunt but it is the truth. Even if Rich and Hanley evolved and out worked the tag, they are not enough to carry the team on their backs.

Black hardly played last year. McGrathis is inconsistent.

You clearly haven't seen enough of Rockliff if you don't think he is damaging. Not all players have to have a deadly boot or be able to burst out of packs to be recognized as a damaging player. Rich is still a good player, he is only what, 23 years old? Still has a bit of time left to learn how to break tags. And it will become easier to him when he keeps improving his endurance. Hanley can break tags. Last year was basically the first time he has had to cope with them, and he did well considering that.

We only just missed out on the top 8 this year. And yes, we lost 5 promising young players. Polec has been injury plagued and Karnezis was pretty lazy and has no defensive game. Docherty, Yeo and Longer are all big losses, no doubt. But we have got some good talent back in through the drafts in Aish, Taylor, Robertson, Cutler, McStay and Gardiner.

We've still got younger guys like Leuenberger, Redden, Beams, Green, Lester, Mayes, Clarke, Golby and Harwood.

I don't think we will do to well next year considering the harsh fixture we have, but I don't think we are in that bad of a position. We still have a a few promising kids. What happened to us in the off season, isn't the end of the world.

Need to find a good key forward and you'll be fine, mids are good backline ok hopefully Mcstay and Gardiner come on

Yep. A gun Key Forward is simply a must for us. Our midfield is still young and will get better when they develop more. The tall stocks down back is looking good now with Merrett, Patfull and Maguire. With guys like Clarke, Gardiner and McStay to take over from them in the coming years.

Yep. A gun Key Forward is simply a must for us. Our midfield is still young and will get better when they develop more. The tall stocks down back is looking good now with Merrett, Patfull and Maguire. With guys like Clarke, Gardiner and McStay to take over from them in the coming years.
What key forward are you thinking tho, not really any free agents that will take you to the next level

Rich, Rocky and Hanley = average stat whores or are easily shut down and aren't damaging, while Polec, Docherty, Yeo, Longer and Karnezis = our best young guns... Are you serious?
We lost them for practically nothing (inferring Lewis Taylor, Gardiner, McStay, Robertson, Cutler and West are practically worthless)

Black, Brown and McGrath aren't/weren't in our ten most important players. They've been tremendous servants but aren't vital parts of the team anymore. Black hardly played last year.

Rich and Hanley can't carry us on their backs? That's true, you actually said something correct. It's a good thing that Mayes, Redden, Rockliff, Zorko, Aish, Lester and Leuenberger are also there so those two won't need to carry us.

Whether or not Brisbane will be the real deal in the next 2-4 years, your post is garbage.
Try reading my post properly before cracking the shits. I never said Rich and Hanley weren't damaging, they are super damaging. Just can't break a tag to save their lives.

I have seen a heck of a lot of Rocky, he is good, but not a damaging Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Cotchin etc... eg. All the number 1 midfields in other teams. Your team does not have a top quality elite midfielder.

You just listed a whole group of average to good players at best, no stars in that list at all. "Lewis Taylor, Gardiner, McStay, Robertson, Cutler and West " <---- you honestly think these are good players? Aish is a star and will be a gun, the rest are not great at all. You had terrible picks in the draft after Aish. Leuy is good, but he is not going to win you a flag. You have no depth, no spine at all. The key to winning a flag is a strong spine supported by an A Grade midfield, you simply do not have this. You cannot argue this at all.

Get out of your biased hole and take a step back.

What key forward are you thinking tho, not really any free agents that will take you to the next level

Tippett would have been nice a couple of years back. :p

There's 5 or 6 who could go in the first round in this years draft. So we'd have to hope like hell we can pick one up and they'll develop faster than tall's usually do. If not, we'll probably throw a lot of cash at someone. We've got a few young key forwards, but none of them really look like they have star potential.

Tippett would have been nice a couple of years back. :p

There's 5 or 6 who could go in the first round in this years draft. So we'd have to hope like hell we can pick one up and they'll develop faster than tall's usually do. If not, we'll probably throw a lot of cash at someone. We've got a few young key forwards, but none of them really look like they have star potential.
You really need one ready to go in 2 years all your mids should be around there peak then

Yeah we certainly need one ASAP. 3 years is all we can probably afford to wait.
We've really got to find out if Jordy Lisle can make it in the AFL sooner rather than later. He's a very important but not hugely talented player on our list. We should play Close and Paine for a few games as well this year to see if they can show something.
You just listed a whole group of average to good players at best, no stars in that list at all. "Lewis Taylor, Gardiner, McStay, Robertson, Cutler and West " <---- you honestly think these are good players? Aish is a star and will be a gun, the rest are not great at all. You had terrible picks in the draft after Aish. Leuy is good, but he is not going to win you a flag. You have no depth, no spine at all. The key to winning a flag is a strong spine supported by an A Grade midfield, you simply do not have this. You cannot argue this at all.
I didn't say Taylor, West etc. are stars, or are going to be, but you called them practically nothing. That's ridiculous. You also somehow know how good our 18yo draftees will be before they've played a game, also ridiculous.
You pointed out flaws in some of our best players (fair enough), then called a group of vastly inferior players that we've lost 'our best young guns'. They clearly aren't near that (except for Yeo).
Our picks in the draft were terrible? 6 in the top 35 is okay with me (and more than every other club, just saying), although they were still slightly under value for the players we lost. They weren't practically nothing though.
Our key defender and ruck stocks are very good. Our midfield is certainly not in the top 8 midfields yet but in a couple years it will be a lot better. We have seven or so young midfielders with potential to be very good or even elite. Saying we simply do not have this and there's no chance of it is ridiculous, when we clearly have a crop of young mids who could be a dominant force in a couple years' time.
There's a small chance we won't be contending in a few years, but saying we have no chance is stupid and your reasoning is ridiculous.
Anyway, I don't think this has much to do with the 2015 free agents so I'll stop here.

We've really got to find out if Jordy Lisle can make it in the AFL sooner rather than later. He's a very important but not hugely talented player on our list. We should play Close and Paine for a few games as well this year to see if they can show something.

I think Lisle has actually shown a bit when played as our #1 target and our ball use was actually decent. He did well on guys like Lonergan and McPharlin last year. I don't think we have exactly managed our younger tall forwards well. I feel guys like Lisle need to be given 5+ games in a row as our #1 target before we get a better idea of how they will turn out.

I think Lisle has actually shown a bit when played as our #1 target and our ball use was actually decent. He did well on guys like Lonergan and McPharlin last year. I don't think we have exactly managed our younger tall forwards well. I feel guys like Lisle need to be given 5+ games in a row as our #1 target before we get a better idea of how they will turn out.
Yeah I agree with that. The Brown factor just stops Lisle getting a decent run at being that no. 1 target. If the umpires made the right calls in that Freo game Lisle would have finished with 5 goals against the comp's best defence. But we need to see that regularly and see him get a good shot at playing as our main target. Two glimpses during the season isn't enough, so hopefully he shows it consistently soon.

AFC have front loaded numerous contracts since Tippett left & have us plenty of space.

$'s & cap space wont be a problem for either Tex or Danger & I strongly suspect loyalty won't either.

Expect to see most of the OP's list re-signed by the end of 2014.
Of the Two, who do you think is a bigger chance of being courted to another club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Carlton are re-signing Murphy and Gibbs, how are they going to afford Kreuzer the following year?

I was more so alluding to the theory that other teams could offer Kruz more than Carlton could.

I was more so alluding to the theory that other teams could offer Kruz more than Carlton could.

I don't follow.

Firstly that 'theory' could be applied to any club across the competition, in their efforts to re-sign any of their players.

Secondly, you don't think any club has players on more money combined than the Gibbs/Murphy duo?

I don't follow.

Firstly that 'theory' could be applied to any club across the competition, in their efforts to re-sign any of their players.

Secondly, you don't think any club has players on more money combined than the Gibbs/Murphy duo?
He is a restricted free agent. He will be offered more money than Carlton can likely match.

Of course there are players out there making more than the Gibbs-Murphy duo but I just think Carlton might start to feel the squeeze soon with all their young guys starting to come into their prime and wanting to be paid accordingly. Could be wrong, just my opinion.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back