NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't agree more "money can't buy culture", just ask Monty who are finally on the right path. I'd rather see teams who are home grown win any day, rather than money flags.

I also heard this brutal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Funny you said Monty... I think you might have to watch this space about their "home grown" players that are leaving from top divison club to a powerhouse in a second division club.

Funny you said Monty... I think you might have to watch this space about their "home grown" players that are leaving from top divison club to a powerhouse in a second division club.

Nunan bros., Mitch Dillon, Luke Annet and Nicholas Matthews en route to the Kennel. Given all of those of those boys have played a handfull + games of senior footy over the past 2 years that is a seriously significant blow to Monty.

Nunan bros., Mitch Dillon, Luke Annet and Nicholas Matthews en route to the Kennel. Given all of those of those boys have played a handfull + games of senior footy over the past 2 years that is a seriously significant blow to Monty.

More will follow I would think after them, Depth will be tested down at Mont next year. Will be a real test against Whit, Hurstbridge and Eltham.

2017 Ladder Prediction:
Heidelberg
Bundoora
Macleod
Greensborough
Northcote Park
West Preston
Eltham
Whittlesea
Hurstbridge
Montmorency

2017 Ladder Prediction:
Heidelberg
Bundoora
Macleod
Greensborough
Northcote Park
West Preston
Eltham
Whittlesea
Hurstbridge
Montmorency

Far too early to tell.

Obviously there's some underlying issue with monty at your end.

Ive heard they have multiple mature age players on the cards as recruits from interstate and bush. I think they will be okay.

Donaldson, Fitzgerald, Fennell all A graders

Far too early to tell.

Obviously there's some underlying issue with monty at your end.

Ive heard they have multiple mature age players on the cards as recruits from interstate and bush. I think they will be okay.

Donaldson, Fitzgerald, Fennell all A graders

Hope they prove me wrong - Good luck to them :thumbsu:

You've got a better chance of hell freezing over then Monty getting relegated. My tip is either West Preston or Eltham for relegation.

The winners of the Frosty Miller medal in 2014 (Connors, Grimley), 2015 (Grimley) and 2016 (Saad) will all be playing in Division 1 in 2017. A good reflection of the standard of the competition. Not too sure the defenders will be pleased though.

How can you go from being captain of an AFL club at 23 odd and delisted by 26/27?
Surely deserved a rookie listing at a club. Would be a huge get for hurstbridge tho

Early days gents, haven't heard much from Northcote Park? Eltham have continued to have solid numbers at training and just in need of a few seasoned bodies to help the kids out.

We all know how much that 5th spot can be easily pinched but I would imagine the Heidelberg/Bundoora should cruise through the '17 season. The rest is anybody's business! How much impact will Saad have?

Early days gents, haven't heard much from Northcote Park? Eltham have continued to have solid numbers at training and just in need of a few seasoned bodies to help the kids out.

We all know how much that 5th spot can be easily pinched but I would imagine the Heidelberg/Bundoora should cruise through the '17 season. The rest is anybody's business! How much impact will Saad have?

Obviously great to get ex AFL players back into the NFL and only makes the spectacle better for the viewing public. How much impact they actually have is anyone's guess. The training standard is obviously not as invigorating and therefore, their standards drop away from the AFL, so I'm a little spectical. Think about it....are the current ex AFL players the best in the comp ?

Obviously great to get ex AFL players back into the NFL and only makes the spectacle better for the viewing public. How much impact they actually have is anyone's guess. The training standard is obviously not as invigorating and therefore, their standards drop away from the AFL, so I'm a little spectical. Think about it....are the current ex AFL players the best in the comp ?

Marigliani and Connors were huge, Karnezis and Moorcroft top 3 in goalkicking. In previous years Cloke was clearly the best in Division 1.

Shane Harvey is also the best local player i've ever seen, and probably a lot of other blokes in their mid to late 20s would agree. His brother will go okay in D2 in 2017 as well.

From all report Grimes is a very professional person, so would be a massive get for the Bridges in their quest to stay up.

So to answer your question, No doubt the ex-afl players are up there in the best in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marigliani and Connors were huge, Karnezis and Moorcroft top 3 in goalkicking. In previous years Cloke was clearly the best in Division 1.

Shane Harvey is also the best local player i've ever seen, and probably a lot of other blokes in their mid to late 20s would agree. His brother will go okay in D2 in 2017 as well.

From all report Grimes is a very professional person, so would be a massive get for the Bridges in their quest to stay up.

So to answer your question, No doubt the ex-afl players are up there in the best in the comp.

Very well said.

From my point of view, Paul Bower is as good as any I've seen and won this years B&F

Very well said.

From my point of view, Paul Bower is as good as any I've seen and won this years B&F

I have no doubt that they are up there with the best, all I'm saying is that there are players just as good or better in our comp who haven't had a taste of AFL. Good conversational topic

I have no doubt that they are up there with the best, all I'm saying is that there are players just as good or better in our comp who haven't had a taste of AFL. Good conversational topic

100% Correct Underbelly, There is quite some talent that never made it to a higher level. These players make it worth your Saturday afternoon's.

Yes, good conversational topic. If i were you i would be more worried about ex VFL players, you know that 25K you tip in, my mail is your mob have allready spent it. Putting all their eggs in one basket ?

How can you go from being captain of an AFL club at 23 odd and delisted by 26/27?
Surely deserved a rookie listing at a club. Would be a huge get for hurstbridge tho
Totally agree Ladderleader,he didn't get much of a go at Melbourne this year but consistently got 30 plus possessions in the 2s playing on a wing
Was a very good AFL player before injuries but now fully fit would be a better bet than someone like Matt DeBoer

Clubs who break the salary cap take a huge risk when the penalties are fines, loss of premiership points, relegation, finals bans etc. All it takes is for a disgruntled former player to blow the whistle for the offending club to be sprung. The whistleblower would easily be able to negotiate a reprimand in return for his testimony. Mercenaries are not noted for their loyalty.

Yes, good conversational topic. If i were you i would be more worried about ex VFL players, you know that 25K you tip in, my mail is your mob have allready spent it. Putting all their eggs in one basket ?

Those sponsorship funds were spent a few years ago now. One thing about Macleod, they are very well managed when it comes to player payments. Don't believe everything you hear about over spend, I assure you Macleod will be well under the cap and the points.

Those sponsorship funds were spent a few years ago now. One thing about Macleod, they are very well managed when it comes to player payments. Don't believe everything you hear about over spend, I assure you Macleod will be well under the cap and the points.

Any truth Macloed will be off their ground for the 2018 season due to the railway works

Good post. I think local footy clubs will start to step up there training to become more professional as I agree the intensity drops from VFL to local on training nights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back