Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlisle to St Kilda is good news for us. Him going to Carlton was always a bit of a worry.

St. Kilda would be tempted to go down the PSD route. No point in negioating with Dodoro. He's terrible with crappy players, imagine what he'd demand for a guy like Carlisle. As usual Essendon will trip over themselves again.

Oops.
RESPECTED NT Thunder footballer Jason Roe has been charged with possessing and supplying more than 25 ounces of cannabis.
The NT Thunder’s 2012 best-and-fairest is facing two charges of possession and supply of about 750g of cannabis - which equals 26.45 ounces or 1.65 pounds.

story-fnk2to87-1227394791677

If sold in a remote community, that amount of cannabis could fetch about $75,000.

Defence lawyer Marty Aust said the case against his client was “entirely circumstantial”.

“There is no direct evidence of the existence of cannabis and there is no direct evidence of the supply of cannabis,’’ he said.

Mr Aust said it relied solely on intercepted phone calls, however he conceded police may table more evidence at a later date. The court also heard police had conducted surveillance of the alleged offenders.
Nice little earner.

Where is damien barrett on player exidous from gws? Maybe cameron and ward are too tough on the young players?
Or maybe just maybe it might be a bit harder to retain players in non football state?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-09/dockers-to-offer-two-firstround-picks-for-giant-McCarthy

FREMANTLE is set to trade its first-round picks in the next two NAB AFL Drafts to secure young key forward Cam McCarthy, according to the Giant's manager.

This on top of the Bennell recruitment.

Freo seem to be prepared to bet heavily on a team that faded quite a bit late in the season. There has to be a chance that they fall away further next year, and that McCarthy ends up costing them a lot more than they anticipate.

He's a promising kid, but I don't think he'll make an instant difference to their forwardline.

Apart from Neale, their <24 cohort isn't all that special. They could really be stuck in the wilderness in five years time if these risks they're taking don't pay off.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-09/dockers-to-offer-two-firstround-picks-for-giant-McCarthy

Freo seem to be prepared to bet heavily on a team that faded quite a bit late in the season. There has to be a chance that they fall away further next year, and that McCarthy ends up costing them a lot more than they anticipate.

He's a promising kid, but I don't think he'll make an instant difference to their forwardline.

Apart from Neale, their <24 cohort isn't all that special. They could really be stuck in the wilderness in five years time if these risks they're taking don't pay off.
They've been Lyoned.

You can't fault them for going after McCarthy. He'll be a great pickup but their recruiting has been quite poor.

This is an example of the system working though. You have a period at the top and your best footballers get old and retire and you then have a rebuilding period.

They will have Fyfe for the next 10 years though to stop them from completely bottoming out.

Worth noting that it's McCarthy's manager making the claim. I think it's more about putting pressure on freo because he overplayed his hand earlier.

Worth noting that it's McCarthy's manager making the claim. I think it's more about putting pressure on freo because he overplayed his hand earlier.
He read as being pretty confident...and player managers don't lie, do they...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He read as being pretty confident...and player managers don't lie, do they...?
I think he realised he really pissed off GWS by leaking to Damo that McCarthy had requested a trade when it hadn't actually happened yet and has been scrambling ever since. He's got no hand.

If there was a perfect analogy for the saying " eyes bigger than their stomachs" or " bite off more than they could chew" this years trading might be the one for a few teams:

Geelong: danger, hendo, Z.smith Selwood ( yes I know fa)

Freo: McCarthy and Bennell

Collingwood: treloar and aish

A lot of missing picks, but big promises of trades going threw with big $$ being thrown around.

Will be intently watching if a team goes hyper- nova if any problems arise!

I can also see the afl's mediation centre being fully booked out

The Crows are expected to secure young Cats midfielder Dean Gore as part of the deal to secure Patrick Dangerfield at Geelong.

Gore was pick No.55 at the NAB AFL National Draft but was on the verge of senior selection early in 2015 before he suffered a shoulder injury that forced him to miss seven weeks.

It's not true worth but it's better than the compensation would have been.

Yeah, it's less than what we gave for Beams but not too far off.

Good on the Crows. Glad a club finally took the leap and exercised their matching rights.

Huge credit to Adelaide, Geelong and Dangerfield. Handled is the best possible way throughout the entirety of the process.

Lol West Coast want Band 1 for Scott Selwood :$

To be fair there isn't that much difference between Band 1 and 2. But could very much be Band 3/4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back