Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I wouldn't like to do that drive most days of the week to go to work, would be a nightmare. Could say the pay would be worth it.......but I'm not so sure, you'd be in a stressed/angry state by the time you got there. Imo it would get to you very very easily and lead to not enjoying said new job..

He could move. Guess it all depends on whether he wants to play for a team on the up like the Saints or stay down the ladder and play for the Blues.

He could move. Guess it all depends on whether he wants to play for a team on the up like the Saints or stay down the ladder and play for the Blues.
Well that's the obvious decision. If he signs a big 4 year deal he can probably buy another house and rent the one in Ascot Vale out.

I'm not sure "the commute" is a legitimate reason to not go to a club in the same city you currently live in.

Move.

$700k+ per year? Hire a driver.

Harley Bennell to Freo.

In twelve months time we'll look back and either say this was a brilliant piece of recruiting or a disaster that hastened a powerful team's downfall.

Personally I think it's a risk worth taking for a club whose premiership window is closing rapidly.

Harley Bennell to Freo.

In twelve months time we'll look back and either say this was a brilliant piece of recruiting or a disaster that hastened a powerful team's downfall.

Personally I think it's a risk worth taking for a club whose premiership window is closing rapidly.

The implications for Cam McCarthy are going to be interesting. Freo may have hung him out to dry now.

The implications for Cam McCarthy are going to be interesting. Freo may have hung him out to dry now.

I've coined the term "Gorringed". Happy for anyone to use it.

Just wanted to know people's thoughts and stimulate non-Lions discussion.

How do Carlton go about paying for the 5 GWS players they are after?
The general vibe is that they will get the combo for peanuts. Wanted to know what people feel is a fair deal....
Players in question are Lamb, Sumner, Tomlinson, Phillips & Plowman.
All look like talented youngsters, high draft picks who haven't shown enough at Afl level due to a mix of injury & form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do Geelong get all these trades done? Zac Smith has annoited them as his club of choice. There is a clear divide in the AFL. Basically 2 divisions of rich and poor clubs.

They might have to trade for Henderson, Smith and Dangerfield. Can't see how that's possible.

And maybe Scott Selwood. West Coast would likely only get band 3 compo which would be pick be 36 for them.

I wonder what GC would want for Zac Smith. I really don't think he's worth much at all.

And maybe Scott Selwood. West Coast would likely only get band 3 compo which would be pick be 36 for them.

I wonder what GC would want for Zac Smith. I really don't think he's worth much at all.
You aren't getting a young ruck like Smith for a pick after 40 imo.

Could see Zac Smith getting to Geelong through the pre-season draft. They'll have plenty of list spots and not many clubs use picks in the PSD.
Not a chance. Most clubs ahead of Geelong would take him in the PSD before Geelong get the chance.

Best case scenario for Geelong would be they trade pick 9 and Murdoch for Danger, Walker and pick 28 for Henderson, get Selwood as a free agent and trade next years 2nd rounder for Smith.

You aren't getting a young ruck like Smith for a pick after 40 imo.

Not all that young - he'll be 26 at the start of next year, I think.

I've never understood the Smith hype.

Best case scenario for Geelong would be they trade pick 9 and Murdoch for Danger, Walker and pick 28 for Henderson, get Selwood as a free agent and trade next years 2nd rounder for Smith.

Best case scenario indeed.

Not all that young - he'll be 26 at the start of next year, I think.

I've never understood the Smith hype.

Best case scenario indeed.
There isn't much Hype on Smith but he is coming into his prime and has played some decent footy in his time

Could see Zac Smith getting to Geelong through the pre-season draft. They'll have plenty of list spots and not many clubs use picks in the PSD.
Would we PSD him? We probably need another ruck on the list and getting one at zero trade cost might appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back