Official 2013 pre-season chat.

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree, the boys play footy, they are not actors. It looked as though they felt a little awkward to tell you the truth, I know I would standing up on a pedestal like that.

Surprised to see you got this vibe as I didn't at all, not a bad thing to keep things low key when you are a player.

I also think that that everyone was very positive looking toward the new season, we all think that they will get enough wins to be there-about's and so do the club. This is good.

I thought bluey s speech was muddled at times but I am happy to have him focus on the footy and not his speeches to the members. At the same time he was very positive.

On seeing the players out there today, they are looking ultra fit and most have put on some size. Looking forward to the 2013, in what will be a breakout year for us!
Harbrow coming out to accept his jumper with his back pack on and a bored look on his face was the lowlight for me, screamed i cant wait to get out of here, Murphy stating he was "glad to be here I suppose" was also an average moment. They may not be actors but as I said how can they expect passion from the supporters wHen showing none themselves.

On the positive side the boys look fit as you said

Harbrow coming out to accept his jumper with his back pack on and a bored look on his face was the lowlight for me, screamed i cant wait to get out of here, Murphy stating he was "glad to be here I suppose" was also an average moment. They may not be actors but as I said how can they expect passion from the supporters wHen showing none themselves.

On the positive side the boys look fit as you said

Harbrow always looks like that haha

I am gonna hope the others are right mate sorry, you have shown a lot of negativity towards the club of late.

I think the boys just want to get out and play some footy. They've been training long and hard for the past 5 months. Receiving a bunch of accolades from supporters when they haven't yet achieved anything would make me feel uncomfortable too. Get a couple of early wins and the enthusiasm and passion will be evident.

Family day today, wow just wow could the players be any less interested, barley a smile from anyone except Harley, Swallow and Hunt. Blueys speech was poorly written and badly delivered.

A word to the club, if you don't show passion why the hell would we.
totally agree with you. Yesterday was really disappointing. i said to my brother when they started presenting the jumpers to the players that they look disinterested and bored to be there. I was really hoping this was the year they got their act together on field and off. if they want to increase their membership numbers yesterday event won't help. they need to send someone down to tigerland (or any other club in victoria) to see how it done. players and staff look happy to be there players signing autograph taking photos talking to the kids kicking the footy with them and having fun. thats what a season launch/ family day is all about. Not what they put on yesterday. Suns pick your game up please.

Well lets hope we are both wrong.

I can only hope that they are so focused on football that things like yesterday are a distraction. Not great for marketing the club though, we came down from Brisbane for it, on yesterday's efforts I would be hard pressed to talk the missus into going next year. In fact the NAB cup isn't looking good now due to yesterday's effort. Could be only the third Qld based game I have missed ever.

When my original club, Fitzroy was kicked out of the AFL, I went along to a Brisbane Lions Family Day in Melbourne to decide whether I wanted to follow them. The poor attitude of the players towards the supporters on that day certainly contributed to my decision not to follow them. I haven't had much interaction with the Suns' players, but I agree with Iva that it would be a lot easier for the club's marketers if the players showed enthusiasm when they are at functions like the Season Launch.

I'm sorry Iva. I am definitely not having a personal attack at you. But the logic behind that is pretty bloody pathetic.

I don't blame you or anyone for going or not going to the footy - we all have our one and only life to live the way in which we choose. Do whatever makes you happy.
BUT
To not go to a game based solely on the fact that you THOUGHT the players looked disinterested on a marketing day - that's friggin ridiculous man.

EVEN if they actually were disinterested as you say (which, in reality your perception may have been wrong), we don't know what they were/are going through. Death of a family member? SMASHED on the track? Breakups? No sleep the night before? You just don't know man. They are people with emotions!

I love ya Iva so please don't take this the wrong way. I just really question the logic and reasoning behind this. It just reeks of fairweathery and is DEFINITELY NOT the type of supporter culture that should be promoted publically. And I didn't think you were this type of supporter. I know you're angry man but, yeah.

I'm sorry Iva. I am definitely not having a personal attack at you. But the logic behind that is pretty bloody pathetic.

I don't blame you or anyone for going or not going to the footy - we all have our one and only life to live the way in which we choose. Do whatever makes you happy.
BUT
To not go to a game based solely on the fact that you THOUGHT the players looked disinterested on a marketing day - that's friggin ridiculous man.

EVEN if they actually were disinterested as you say (which, in reality your perception may have been wrong), we don't know what they were/are going through. Death of a family member? SMASHED on the track? Breakups? No sleep the night before? You just don't know man. They are people with emotions!

I love ya Iva so please don't take this the wrong way. I just really question the logic and reasoning behind this. It just reeks of fairweathery and is DEFINITELY NOT the type of supporter culture that should be promoted publically. And I didn't think you were this type of supporter. I know you're angry man but, yeah.
Each to their own darkwingduck, i don't take what you think personally and you have every right to express it, I think I have proven my dedication and passion for the club and am comfortable with my love of the Suns, that doesn't mean I have to approve of everything they do.

I desperately want them to be successful and silly things like what I saw yesterday are frustrating.

Each to their own darkwingduck, i don't take what you think personally and you have every right to express it, I think I have proven my dedication and passion for the club and am comfortable with my love of the Suns, that doesn't mean I have to approve of everything they do.

I desperately want them to be successful and silly things like what I saw yesterday are frustrating.

Said with class, well done. My thoughts and feelings are mirrored by that last sentence very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maysie standing next to a mere mortal (Nick Curry -- Channel 9 GC reporter).

b55a5db47a4d11e2a9d522000a1fb17d_7.jpg

Headline on AFL 360 just now: "New no. 1 pick Lachie Whitfield to debut for Suns Vs Blues & Swans"

Congrats on the pickup guys... ;)

So correct me if I am wrong.

These guys report themselves as being experts on the game.

If one was a cynic it might be said they lack vital information on teams outside Victoria, and players that are not in the limelight!

Don't be too hard. It's a simple oversight. I mean, it's very easy to mix things up or forget things even if you are an expert. For a random example - forgetting Bob Murphy out of the dogs best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back