Official 2013 pre-season chat.

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess is that everyone who is available will get a run in the opening NAB games.

It must be difficult for the club to get the balance right as we play game 1 & 3.

Generally there would be 5-10 players with injuries of varying degrees.

That would take the number available to mid 30's which would probably fit well into the 2 games.

Lonergan relishes Ablett battle.
Rookie midfielder Jesse Lonergan relished the opportunity to go head-to-head against skipper Gary Ablett in Thursday’s intra club match at Metricon Stadium.

While most AFL players would find the task of containing one of the best players in the competition quite daunting, the fearless 18-year-old couldn’t wait to hit the training field and see some of Ablett’s handy tricks.

lol herald sun
DESPITE missing some post-Christmas training, Gary Ablett will line up in week one of the NAB Cup after getting through Gold Coast's intra-club on Thursday,

Ablett played two thirds of the trial and came through unscathed, showing no ill effects of back and calf problems that have limited his training.

The Suns used 36 players in the contest, with Ablett his usual busy self.

Coach Guy McKenna said Ablett would play the second match - against the Brisbane Lions - of the Suns' double header at Metricon Stadium on February 23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did it say LF?

They were showing some of the new players and their results in the combine. Speed, endurance etc. there were four measurements, I can't remember exactly what they were. Then they showed Jaegers. Elite, elite, elite and endurance was one bar down from elite. Compared to the others shown, he was head and shoulders above them.

They were showing some of the new players and their results in the combine. Speed, endurance etc. there were four measurements, I can't remember exactly what they were. Then they showed Jaegers. Elite, elite, elite and endurance was one bar down from elite. Compared to the others shown, he was head and shoulders above them.

Very good. Add it to this -

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...sts-next-captain/story-e6frepf6-1226578980317

GARY Ablett says he expects to retire a Suns premiership player but not captain and has anointed teenager Jaeger O'Meara as his potential replacement.
Ablett also identified David Swallow and Tom Lynch as young players with outstanding leadership credentials who would make worthy skippers.
O'Meara has yet to play an AFL game as he was ineligible because of age restrictions in 2012.
But Ablett said O'Meara displayed maturity beyond his years and the fact he has yet to taste senior action did not mean he could not quickly emerge as his successor.
"He has got a lot of talent, he is a very hard worker and leads by example," he said.

And I'm starting to feel a bit of man-love coming on again!!

Also good to see Lynchy mentioned - good to hear he commands a lot of respect within the playing group.

great to see jack martin rip it up.. cant wait to see him next year..
or next week for that matter

There's something about Jack that just screams out at me every time I see him. He just seems to judge the flight of the ball in the air so much better than his opponents and has supreme awareness of what is around him. It's freakish, like time slows down when he goes for a mark.

Family day today, wow just wow could the players be any less interested, barley a smile from anyone except Harley, Swallow and Hunt. Blueys speech was poorly written and badly delivered.

A word to the club, if you don't show passion why the hell would we.

This saddens me to hear this. Wish I could have gone to evaluate myself.

Family day today, wow just wow could the players be any less interested, barley a smile from anyone except Harley, Swallow and Hunt. Blueys speech was poorly written and badly delivered.

I didnt think the players were too bad. I thought they actually looked a bit nervous.

Standouts at training from where I was standing were Mav Weller and Tom Lynch I thought. Boston looked like a natural, great skills.

No show from Tim Sumner also, wonder what was up?

I disagree, the boys play footy, they are not actors. It looked as though they felt a little awkward to tell you the truth, I know I would standing up on a pedestal like that.

Surprised to see you got this vibe as I didn't at all, not a bad thing to keep things low key when you are a player.

I also think that that everyone was very positive looking toward the new season, we all think that they will get enough wins to be there-about's and so do the club. This is good.

I thought bluey s speech was muddled at times but I am happy to have him focus on the footy and not his speeches to the members. At the same time he was very positive.

On seeing the players out there today, they are looking ultra fit and most have put on some size. Looking forward to the 2013, in what will be a breakout year for us!

The vision of Lonergan in that video when posing was fantastic. He doesn't looker overly big anymore. Just solid. Very solid. Hard to describe.

tumblr_m56c9avrmo1rtvb1so1_500.gif

And yes, I know you're a lady.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back