My team. It's so short lol, half the team are small forwards :D

FF: E.Betts L.Jones L.Thomas
HF: L.Jetta J.Hill S.Motlop
C: L.Jetta A.Christensen J.Harbrow
HB: T.Armstrong N.Lovett-Murray C.Dempsey
FB: G.Johncock S.May A.Davey
Ruck: P.Ryder H.Bennell S.Wellingham
Int: A.Davey N.Jetta C.Hampton B.Goodes

On a related note, it will be interesting to see where Maysie plays in 2013.

Been training with both the defenders and forwards, but according to Mike Whiting by watching him at training, he looks like our best forward at the moment. Incredibly fit, leads very well and can take the contested mark.

Id like to see May play out of a forward pocket, Day at FF, Lynch at CHF, Smith in the ruck and Dixon off the bench rotating through Ruck/Forward/Defense.

Lack of height didn't stop Fev from being a dominating full forward. Just gotta have the workrate and lead into the holes, which Maysie has shown to do if given the chance.

I think however, given his lack of height, there could be room for him, Lynch and Day all in the forward line. Maybe even a resting ruck too, but that's carrying a lot of height.

Primus confident.
GC SUNS assistant coaches Dean Solomon and Shaun Hart strapped on the boots to get involved, with the courageous pair displaying with the same level of intensity that saw them taste premiership success during their playing careers.

It didn’t take long for the duo to make an impact, with Solomon kicking the first goal of the match within the first 10 seconds, after 45m centre clearance from fearless midfielder Karmichael Hunt found the goal square.

The heated match-simulation also saw two generations of football collide, with promising youngster Alex Sexton and GC SUNS development coach Ben Matthews going head-to-head, with Matthews doing his best to replicate his 2005 premiership form.

It was talented-utility Jared Brennan who delivered the highlight of the match, elevating over hard-hitting Charlie Dixon to take a strong overhead mark.

For those asking if our Coaches get involved, there's your answer. ;)

Fish looking in very good shape after a solid pre-season.

307453_10151263559985509_2147323990_n.jpg

Nathan Bock to miss start of season.
GOLD Coast defender Nathan Bock is still dogged by pain from his broken leg and will miss the opening rounds of the premiership season.

The Suns have already ruled the vice-captain out of round 1 and they cannot say when he will be fit for action.

Fevola was 191cm, it is as much about speed and body strength as height

Not sure May has the pace and marking ability of Fevola , but there is no doubt he could form a partnership with one of our big talls . I think if he had to come up against the best defenders in McPharlin , Glass etc every week he would be found out with his lack of pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure May has the pace and marking ability of Fevola , but there is no doubt he could form a partnership with one of our big talls . I think if he had to come up against the best defenders in McPharlin , Glass etc every week he would be found out with his lack of pace.

This is marginally may be taken as racist, but his "hertiage" prevents him from being slow :p

His big game last year, that was against the defensive prowess of Schoenmakers wasn't it? Was it against the hawks where he was Carey-like?

He definitely has pace. Marking ability not sure yet. Unlikely hed ever be as good as Fev.

Sawadee Krap fellow Suns-worshippers.

Just back from the Land of Smiles. Have I missed anything this off-season? ;)

Had a very relaxing time. Thanks for asking.

You'll all be pleased to hear that the Suns are really big in Thailand. Was walking down the street and a couple of locals holding a Suns flag (or was that a beach towel?) excitedly greeted me calling out

แคมป์เบลที่เรารัก

which loosely translated means

"We love Browny!".

All is forgiven apparently for the little incident on Kho Phangna in 2011.:thumbsu:

IMG_0376.jpg

Anyway, while I was there I though I'd consult a buddhist monk who was on smoko break at the time, for some insight into our chances in 2013, he told me,

สามสิ่งที่ไม่สามารถซ่อนยาว: ดวงอาทิตย์ดวงจันทร์และความจริง

translated that means

Three things cannot be long hidden: the Suns, the moon, and the truth.

securedownload.jpeg

Make of that what you will.

Silky Harley motoring along.
UNDERNEATH the laconic exterior, silky Gold Coast midfielder Harley Bennell is working relentlessly to improve on his breakthrough 2012 season.

Now in his third pre-season on the Gold Coast, the number two pick from the 2010 NAB AFL National Draft showed supporters his football gifts last year, with a combination of evasive footwork, outside speed and an innate finishing ability around goals.

I also don't usually do this, but it seems Kayleen is looking to get this out.

Kayleen Bennell is Harley's lovely mother and has offered him lots of support over the past couple of years. She is of course, very proud of him. She posted this on FB today:
I would like to thank the GOLD COAST SUNS coaches and players aswel as the admin and supporters for all the support encouragement and time and effort that you have put into moulding an elite proffessional sportsman my son Harley Bennell. My family and myself are so PROUD of him and we are thankful that he is surrounded by such great people.
We wish Gold Coast Suns the best of luck in season 2013.
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back