Official 2013 pre-season chat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Physical Suns enjoy spirited match simulation.
With the AFL NAB Cup tournament just three weeks away, the GC SUNS have certainly turned up the heat at training with coaching staff putting the squad through a series of testing drills during their first hit out of the week.

Divided into two teams of 18, the 2013 listed players then took part in a fiercely-contested intra club match which at times resulted in some heavy clashes.

Hey guys :thumbsu:

I live in Lismore, just below the border but am heading up to the beautiful GC on Thursday for the day. I am not sure how training sessions run for you guys (I know the Crows are pretty open over summer) but I was hoping to get along to see the Sun's in action if possible. I've checked on the club website, but it only advises of two open training sessions for the season- and has no info from what I can find, on current training (apart from reports ect.)

Could anyone help me with any details? Buzz.

I live in Lismore, just below the border but am heading up to the beautiful GC on Thursday for the day. I am not sure how training sessions run for you guys (I know the Crows are pretty open over summer) but I was hoping to get along to see the Sun's in action if possible. I've checked on the club website, but it only advises of two open training sessions for the season- and has no info from what I can find, on current training (apart from reports ect.)

You can just ring the club? The stadium will no doubt be open cause of the Suns Shop, so you might be able to see something. But I'd check out a time they might be out and about or something

All of the sessions are closed unless otherwise advertised. So far we've only had the two, one in early December and one in mid January.

Not sure there will be any more this off-season. :(

Is this Bock next to Schade? Think that's the first we've seen of him doing training.

538004_10151258493335509_877270169_n.jpg

Far out Lonergan's a solid unit. Keep getting happier with our recruitment of him.

Come one NAB cup, hurry up!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice Karmichael Hunt in a moon boot in the latest Tom Murphy video.

I was wondering if any other players have 'niggles" as the web page on injuries seems out of date.

Saw that. Probably in the boot for a couple of weeks I'd say. Certainly didn't seem to pained moved around in it. Like Fish was in his.

A few of the boys probably have niggles. Saw Prestia had bandages along his elbow too. I think the week leading up to NAB Cup they ease up a little bit? So they can start getting their bodies right for the preseason games.

Really nice to see Rischitelli in the main hit out section in that video though!

Anyone know anyone inside the club who could find out definitively what role Dixon will play this year? He's a gun and I really want him to knuckle down a position.

Recovery Update: Alex Sexton
Promising youngster Alex Sexton believes he has recovered from end of season hip surgery and has his sights set firmly on playing in the Gold Coast SUNS season opener against St. Kilda on March 30 at Metricon Stadium.

It's interesting that the club has focussed on Sexton. There have been a few articles and even a video on him, despite his relative anonymity. Where do people typically see him playing?

Just saw the squad, looks like you're right. I was under the impression Griffin would be playing.
Looks like they don't have any key defenders either though so May might be forced back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back