Traded Patrick Lipinski traded to Collingwood for Pick #43

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 55 or better for Max Lynch gets us back there (if it came to that).

Hawks will trade Ceglar and probably get a late 30's/early 40's pick for him factoring in the 50% salary coverage.

Then the Hawks take that pick and they slide some picks around with the pies for Lynch with the late 30's/early 40's + Hawthorn's 59 & 65 potentially to upgrade points for the pies and the hawks are unlikely to need pick 59/65 once all the trading is done and dusted due to list spots.

Well that makes it harder for Collingwood to do a deal if the Dogs want points, mind you also for Carlton, give our first two picks this year are projected to go to Freo for Cerra, unless we get a third round back for Cerra, but even then, that pick strikes me as slight overs for Lipinski.
You think a 3rd rounder is overs for Lipinski?

Well that makes it harder for Collingwood to do a deal if the Dogs want points, mind you also for Carlton, give our first two picks this year are projected to go to Freo for Cerra, unless we get a third round back for Cerra, but even then, that pick strikes me as slight overs for Lipinski.
Freo's 3rd round pick would be about pick 50. Has played 56 games in 5 years for a team that has pretty much always been a contender. He's worth more than that. Something in the late 30s.

Freo's 3rd round pick would be about pick 50. Has played 56 games in 5 years for a team that has pretty much always been a contender. He's worth more than that. Something in the late 30s.

Well that probably rules Carlton out, as Gold Coast have our third round pick this season, unless the Dogs are happy to accept a future pick, and as I say, our 2nd rounder this year is going to Freo for Cerra.

Well that probably rules Carlton out, as Gold Coast have our third round pick this season, unless the Dogs are happy to accept a future pick, and as I say, our 2nd rounder this year is going to Freo for Cerra.
Would think the Dogs will want future picks given where their list profile is. Lipinski will be a great addition for Carlton if they get him. Targeting the likes of him, a quality player who can't get a game in a quality team is way better than the old 'they were a high pick so get them in' approach that Silvagni took.

Would think the Dogs will want future picks given where their list profile is. Lipinski will be a great addition for Carlton if they get him. Targeting the likes of him, a quality player who can't get a game in a quality team is way better than the old 'they were a high pick so get them in' approach that Silvagni took.
Depends on the rules around number of picks you can use for points vs list spots in matching bids. A future pick that can be flipped into current year picks for points on draft night is fine.

Future picks won’t pay for Darcy. We only have a great draft hand currently.

Pies future 3rd could be a pick in the late 30's. That should be enough.

Dogs can then trade some future picks for points this year for Darcy. Or go into deficit.

I suppose it depends on which club Lipinski Nominates, I am not fussed either way really, Pies are berefit of quality players in his age bracket though, so it might be better if he ends up at the Collingwood.

Not happy with Carlton having so many fingers in so many Pies (pun unintended)

We need to start drafting and developing our own players, instead of constantly going to the well for fringe players from other clubs.

I suppose it depends on which club Lipinski Nominates, I am not fussed either way really, Pies are berefit of quality players in his age bracket though, so it might be better if he ends up at the Collingwood.

We need to start drafting and developing our own players, instead of constantly going to the well for fringe players from other clubs.
Of course. This going on the basis if he does nominate pies. We need some midfield depth, and he is the right age.

The fact the Lipinski leaving chat has ramped up this week makes me think it’s Collingwood now the Coach is agreed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need speed and skill, not slow players and particularly if they aren’t renowned for their contested ball and tackling.
He's an average player, but I'm still somewhat excited by him coming to the pies given the cheap associating costs.

If he comes for a 3rd, we can't really lose from the trade.

We need speed and skill, not slow players and particularly if they aren’t renowned for their contested ball and tackling.
Elite skill and composure, but opposite end of the spectrum for defensive game and speed. Although if you find a player with elite speed and skill, good luck getting them cheap. Guys like Whitfield don't grow on trees

Remove this Banner Ad

Back