Queensland State Election (31/1/2015) - Labor form govt (Thread pg 54)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, what? I missed this. Link plz - can't find anything through Google so I guess I'm using the wrong terms.
Queensland Government legislated against the teaching of anthropomorphic climate change in state schools claiming it was environmental propaganda

THE organisational wing of the Liberal National Party has voted to "remove environmental propaganda" on climate change from Queensland schools.

A delegate at the LNP's three-day annual conference cited concerns "false prophets" were poisoning childrens' minds.

Delegates on the first day of the conference in Brisbane yesterday agreed to call on Education Minister John-Paul Langbroek to ban "post-normal science" from the curriculum and exam materials.

LNP Noosa delegate Richard Pearson, who moved the proposal, said climate change information was being used as a strategy in schools to promote a political view, and the science was not set.

"It's aimed at the heart of those false prophets who would poison the hearts and minds of our children in the Queensland education system," he said....

Queensland Teachers' Union secretary Kevin Bates last night said the motion harked back to the era of Joh Bjelke-Petersen.

Schools taught children critical literacy and educated about the importance of having an open mind, he said. "Our greatest concern is that this is a government that is going to interfere in the education process."

Last edited:
Let's talk about Tony Fitzgerald shall we? Here is a man who was paid $2m over 2.5yrs (miles above the rate expected of someone in this position) when the Fitzgerald Inquiry was on. Then he worked as a Supreme Court judge for 6.5yrs. In Qld at the time, you had too serve for 10yrs to receive a judge's pension. This was changed to 8yrs not long before he retired. Then they decided to count the 2.5yrs he spent on the Corruption Inquiry. He then took this pension and worked on The Court of Appeals in NSW as a judge for 3yrs.
And the point you are trying to make is?

SEINFELD_NEWMAN.JPG

Let's talk about Tony Fitzgerald shall we? Here is a man who was paid $2m over 2.5yrs (miles above the rate expected of someone in this position) when the Fitzgerald Inquiry was on. Then he worked as a Supreme Court judge for 6.5yrs. In Qld at the time, you had too serve for 10yrs to receive a judge's pension. This was changed to 8yrs not long before he retired. Then they decided to count the 2.5yrs he spent on the Corruption Inquiry. He then took this pension and worked on The Court of Appeals in NSW as a judge for 3yrs.
That's right, ignore what he achieved, let's just talk about something irrelevant. You are in good form today.
Sour grapes much?

So, shoot the messenger?

FWIW I dont think that the next government can really reemploy thousands. The various marketing types I dealt with are all gone. Maybe new government will expand these areas as the previous was not particularly good at getting it's message across but things have changed to the point of no return. Court Reporters were all moved on and it is now privatised, printing is now in the hands of a rather large multi national except for a few areas to name a couple of examples.

FWIW I take little joy at being right. I once had a conversation with Carl Judge, who jumped early, and as he said at the time change should have been a good thing. Instead we got lies and hatred. Nice fella Carl but seemed to give the seat away early out of disgust after Newman lead the party room booing and hissing against him on the party room floor when he tried to discuss the sacking of 1,000's.

I will add another thing. I do not read the Courier Mail/Murdoch press and have not for a long time. This goes against the grain considering my background but it all became a joke and its front pages that I had the bad luck to see via twitter verged on insulting the more thoughtful of either side of politics. I was at 2 polling booths and the fact that their was sheer adulterated nonsense about the ALP being in the pay of criminal gangs. It was too so phoney that I heard people laughing at it. This orgnisation has become a parody and needs to look long and hard at itself. It has done the LNP an utter disservice over the last 3 years in QLD by being biased and childish. One of it's writers had the audacity to call Tony Fitzgerald a "moralising moron". Seriously! Was this op ed writer unable to see the mote in his own eye?

I had to look back at our previous convo as I had only a vague memory. Not, nor ever offended and all part of the discussion. Be a sad world if we all thought the same. Can I ask what changed your mind on Newman?

Cheers John.

I try not to read that crap either. A few years back I tried to disengage with all old media (that's what I call the TV and newspaper). Obviously it is not possible to completely get rid of it without impacting on those around you. (I'm not going to yell and scream at my missus and adult children to turn that crap off).

What changed my mind on Newman? Interesting question and fairly hard to define why without a long winded thesis on narcissistic personality disorder. Basically I wanted to give him a chance but his complete arrogance, self importance and lack of empathy (moreso phony empathy) turned me.

Yesterday was a great day Queensland, from my eyes anyway.

Thanks for your response.

Queensland Government legislated against the teaching of anthropomorphic climate change in state schools claiming it was environmental propaganda

THE organisational wing of the Liberal National Party has voted to "remove environmental propaganda" on climate change from Queensland schools.

A delegate at the LNP's three-day annual conference cited concerns "false prophets" were poisoning childrens' minds.

Delegates on the first day of the conference in Brisbane yesterday agreed to call on Education Minister John-Paul Langbroek to ban "post-normal science" from the curriculum and exam materials.

LNP Noosa delegate Richard Pearson, who moved the proposal, said climate change information was being used as a strategy in schools to promote a political view, and the science was not set.

"It's aimed at the heart of those false prophets who would poison the hearts and minds of our children in the Queensland education system," he said....

Queensland Teachers' Union secretary Kevin Bates last night said the motion harked back to the era of Joh Bjelke-Petersen.

Schools taught children critical literacy and educated about the importance of having an open mind, he said. "Our greatest concern is that this is a government that is going to interfere in the education process."
It has nothing to do with Joh. The science is far from settled. You have emails that were hacked saying that it is a porkie. Most predictions have been false. Of course it shouldn't be taught in schools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The things he did not like and will no doubt be wondering as to why the LNP have had now only 2 terms in almost 25 years. Seriously what a stupid post. Staggering. Does not get it.
I get exactly why they weren't reelected. It was all down to Newman and his ****ed up ignorance. However, it makes no sense at all to go back to Labor, who bankrupted the State. Now they can finish the job properly.

The point he's making is that multinationals can pay no tax & pillage society & that's fine but if you contribute to society & earn top$$ your a crook.;)
You only like him because he served your side a purpose. If it was on the other foot, the comments on here would be predictable.

It has nothing to do with Joh. The science is far from settled. You have emails that were hacked saying that it is a porkie. Most predictions have been false. Of course it shouldn't be taught in schools.

I'm quite thankful that the vast majority of Australians don't share your views.

And that the leader of our country that shares your view is on the verge of being knifed by his own colleagues.

I'm quite thankful that the vast majority of Australians don't share your views.

And that the leader of our country that shares your view is on the verge of being knifed by his own colleagues.
The Left don't like the truth. And that is exactly the truth. Nothing I said has been false.

The Left don't like the truth. And that is exactly the truth. Nothing I said has been false.

No point arguing with a climate change denialist. Almost as bad as the anti-vaccination brigade. I won't ever change your mind - but good luck convincing Australian voters to come around to your side.

This is why Krypton no longer exists. Climate change skeptics.

So the state of play. Labor 43 seats, LNP 39, Others 3, In doubt 4. Labor lead in 2, LNP lead in 2. There is a feeling that in Mansfield LNP can overtake ALP on postal votes. No updated count there since last night. 25 votes in it. In Maryborough, ALP in second have to stay ahead of the independent in 3rd once the PUP and other independent preferences have exhausted. Either way ALP or the independent are likely to win.

It is conceivable that Labor will stay stuck on 43 with LNP 42 and others 4 or worse case scenario Maryborough preferences don't flow enough to the independent if he passed ALP and we end up with 43-43. Praying the second doesn't happen.

Both parties have said they make deals with independents and minor parties. KAP are saying that is stupid and someone will have to deal. Obviously their first priority will be no assets so LNP have to undo their whole economic plan to do a deal with them. KAP want stuff for their electorate, jobs, infrastructure. This is where ALP will have to break a promise to take government and do a deal.

If Labor can get 44, I feel sure that Peter Wellington will take their side without a deal being made so Labor haven't broken a promise. Not sure about Foley the independent in Maryborough. He has historically had ties to the National Party.

All morning LNP seats have been flitting from safe to in doubt so there has been some counting there but seemingly not in the 4 we are sweating on.

It's relevant and topical in the world today. He can teach things as theories and offer a counter view. What's the difference between disputed science and religion. As long as you present it as a theory or theology then I think it is fine. Give them all their options.

One good thing about Newman getting the arse, and there's many, is that we won't have to suffer that gushy wife of his appearing on the news bulletin.

The unremitting public pashing made me want to puke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back