'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes - it was started off season by Grizz 4-5?? years ago

Have no idea as to find the thread - many good posters involved.
Could form the basis for a great book. 13 glorious chapters of flags, with a sprinking of GF loses.

Grizz, where are these? Can you stoke the fire to get some new content up and running (writing) -perhaps starting with 08?

Big A is this what you are thinking of? Here is a thread about the 1971 premiership.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hawthorn’s-1971-flag-triumph.660273/

I just found it using the search function :)
Great stuff, thanks
I found this 'master thread', if you check the first post in this thread it has links to the other threads for the ones that have been done so far :)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...rious-achievements-hawthorns-10-flags.658469/
This one has been removed, not sure here

Can somebody please tell me (or provide a link) with were we are in our current "business plan"?

And what are the goals of the business plan?

can anyone confirm what round the 2015 flag gets unfurled is it rd 1 or 2 this year as i am looking at booking flights....thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 is Geelong's home game so I would say round 2.
yeah I'm confused on this so I'm contacting the club(hoping they can tell me) but thanks for the tip your most likely right was secretly hoping it was the cats(love beating them)...

Watching the semi final against adelaide.
2nd quarter breust goals, goal umpire calls for review, says he thinks its a goal.
Review overturns and says he fresh aired it.

If i recall, breuest stated afterwards he 100% hit it.
They need definitive proof to overturn.

Was this decision ever explained??

2nd quarter breust goals, goal umpire calls for review, says he thinks its a goal.

No. If you look at the gameday thread, I point it out about 15 times

Highly unlikely.
I was under the impression that if the video was inconclusive, the decision reverted to the umpire's call. Which in this instance was a goal. Another bullshit call from the AFL umpiring fraternity.

yeah I'm confused on this so I'm contacting the club(hoping they can tell me) but thanks for the tip your most likely right was secretly hoping it was the cats(love beating them)...
Its always unfurled before the first HOME game
As our first home game is round 2 v Eagles, it's done then

AFL equalisation policy.

can anyone confirm what round the 2015 flag gets unfurled is it rd 1 or 2 this year as i am looking at booking flights....thanks
Didn't you ask this question a few days after we won the flag?

It'll be unfurled at our first home game in Melbourne and another unfurling in Tassie for our first game there.

Makes no sense to unfurl it at someone else's home game, although the whole concept of home and away is lost these days with neutral venues. Least in Melbourne.

Last edited:
Hi folks, sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

I'm planning on heading to Launceston for our game this year. Just wondering if anyone can recommend (semi) decent accommodation near the ground, and more importantly, a good watering hole for after the game?

Cheers.

Anybody know whether when using Tapatalk we can view polls? Never have been able to thus far

Also, why again are Geelong (fondly) referred to as The Handbaggers? Where/what is the origin of this?

Anybody know whether when using Tapatalk we can view polls? Never have been able to thus far

Also, why again are Geelong (fondly) referred to as The Handbaggers? Where/what is the origin of this?

Late 60's and through the 70's Lou Richards (ex Collingwood then Sun News C7 commentator) gave many personalities and Clubs nic names. He called the pussies the Handbaggers and it stuck.:)

In 2008 the week prior to the Grannie some "guys" made a Handbaggers sign and concreted into the side of the Geelong freeway.;)

Probably still on utube:cool:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back