Realistic Trades:

Remove this Banner Ad

Medhurst for McKinley

Pick 14 for Everitt

Can the School Holidays just end please.

Medhurst > McKinley.

I rate McKinley but trading away one of our stars for him is ludacrous.

At the moment all McKinley is, is an undersized key position player who can only play FF.

Medhurst is dynamic, all rounded and AA status.

ben reid will be traded to richmond for pick 19

Oh dear...:eek:

You've seen the best of Medhurst, they don't get better after 28 years of age. McKinley would be that mobile forward pocket foil to Anthony which is becoming more and more important in modern football ie: Williams at Hawthorn.

You'd be trading a couple of declining years for a kid that will give you 8 or more years and about to enter his peak years, it's smart trading because as you point out Medhurst has a lot of value at the moment.

Players play their best football from 26-32. That is when they peak. Ask Bucks.

Also, I don't think you watch enough football closely because Mark Williams' game has become obsolete. He has no defensive aspect to his game and no crumbing ability. He plays like an under-sized KPP.

The mobile forwards that are becoming important in the modern game are your Didak's, Medhursts, Chapman's, Stevie J's, Rob Murphy's etc. All McKinley is good at is playing as a lead-up FF. No ground level ability, no defensive aspects and no overhead marking power. I rate him as a talent but he has far too many flaws in his game.

Proven star > potential flawed star.

Medhurst will regain AA form again in 2010. 2009 was ruined by injury- not by his decline in football ability.

Cox for Drum. Both need a change of scenery and would be about equal for output at the moment. Drum wants out and both would get to go home.

Drum has a lot of upside and is hard as a coffin nail, just needs consistency and a decent pre season.

This. Bring it on

Maybe 10 years ago, but the pace is phenomenal now.. no coincidence that Judd won a Brownlow at 23, Cooney at 23, Franklin kicked a 100+ goals at 21 and Ablett plays 3 freak years at 23, 24 and 25 years of age.

Simon Goodwin (30s)- AA this year.

Tyson Edwards (30s)- standout year.

Andrew McLeod (30s)- star.

Brendan Fevola (28)- Coleman and AA FF.

Matthew Scarlett (30s)- best defender almost ever.

Jonathan Brown (28)- superstar.

Simon Black (late 20s)- superstar.

Matthew Pavlich (later 20s)- superstar.

Shall I continue because I can keep going on and on?

Regarding Marcus Drum, i think this would be a good avenue to pursue.

Has enormous potential and just has to stay injury free. Would be a reasonably easy trade compared to others to snare i imagine, especially if Medders has is nose out of joint:thumbsu:

Cox or Wellingham would be enough surely.

I don't think they'd be interested in Cox but a straight swap for Wellingham would seem fair. Could be a win win situation. Depending on oppos clubs interests may need to add a pick somewhere in the deal too.

Id take mckinley for medhurst we need a gun forward you have to remember he kicked 7 or 8 against essendon no long ago and looks the goods and we have heaps of forward flankers.

Id take mckinley for medhurst we need a gun forward you have to remember he kicked 7 or 8 against essendon no long ago and looks the goods and we have heaps of forward flankers.
You know how big ben is yeah?

He is very much a flanker that is being played as a FF very much like Caff for us already

Trading medhurst for McKinley is like trading for the exact same player that is slightly taller but has slightly less magic tricks

But a lot lot younger, could be anything.
A full forward or leading forward

I wouldnt say he will ever make a seriously good midfielder, you want that type of small forward ten go for LeCras

But a lot lot younger, could be anything.

Could also be "nothing."

I remember watching the West Coast vs. Sydney game during the year and McKinley's laziness at the time pretty much lost them that game in the dying minutes.

We shouldn't be thinking about trading All Australian level players whilst our window is still open.

Surely the club believes our window is still open and won't be trading mature stars for youth at this point in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not too sure whom Port would be after, but im surprised that Vic temas havnt tried to get their hands on Salopek. He is one of those players who doesnt seem to be getting enough game time, and may want to return home to Vic.

Kennedy is royalty at Hawthorn. Third generation after his legendary father and grandfather. Added to that, he can play.

No chance he'll ever leave Hawthorn.

Josh Kennedy is a miles better option than shane tuck .. he will fit in with collingwood's young midfield beautifully and late in the year he really showed something in close .. very much in the jobe watson mould .. a clearance machine .. and smiddaz he is looking for more opportunities and has only been offered a one year contract by hawthorn and he wants more security .. Collingwood go after him! .. he would be a bargain for a second round in this years draft .. if anyone wants to see the article it is on the drafts and trading board

Kennedy is royalty at Hawthorn. Third generation after his legendary father and grandfather. Added to that, he can play.

No chance he'll ever leave Hawthorn.

THE family club is facing the prospect of losing a player from its most famous family, with Hawthorn's young midfielder, Josh Kennedy, a strong chance to be traded to another club.
Kennedy, the son of four-time premiership player John Kennedy jnr and grandson of the club's most revered figure, triple premiership coach John Kennedy snr, is considering a move to Sydney, which is believed to have offered him more opportunities than he believes he will get at the club that his grandfather coached to three premierships, including its first in 1961.
Kennedy's father, John jnr, played in Hawthorn's 1983, 1986, 1988 and 1989 premierships and later served on the match committee and board.
Josh is one of the select players in the game's history to represent the third generation of a family at the same club.
The Hawks have offered Kennedy, who played 10 games this year and showed signs of significant improvement, a one-year contract.
But while the Swans are understood to be willing to offer Kennedy a longer term contract of at least two and possibly three years, the major issue for Kennedy is the fact that he competes for a spot with four or five midfielders with similar attributes and each of them is among the club's best players.
Kennedy is a strong-bodied, inside midfielder who is not fleet of foot - traits that describe captain Sam Mitchell, Brad Sewell, Jordan Lewis and, when he is deployed in the midfield, the club's most complete player, Luke Hodge.
Sources said last night that Kennedy did not wish to leave the club that his father and grandfather served with such distinction, but that, in a sign of these coldly professional times, he recognised that his opportunities would be more limited at Hawthorn and was reluctantly considering asking for a trade.
It is felt that the confines of the SCG would suit his stoppage-based style.
Kennedy would likely fetch either a second or third-round pick in the event that he was traded, but it is unclear what compensation the Swans would be willing to offer.
Kennedy has been compared with another son of a club great, Essendon's Jobe Watson, in terms of his attributes.
Meanwhile, Hawthorn has spurned Port Adelaide's request that it trade Jordan Lewis for Port's out-of-contract star Shaun Burgoyne, but the Power is yet to nominate another suitable player that it wants in exchange for Burgoyne.
The Hawks have offered Port Adelaide their first pick, No. 9, and are willing to deal a player as well, but Port has indicated it will bargain hard before trading Burgoyne to his preferred club.
Hawthorn and Port Adelaide met last Friday, when the Power said it would like Lewis to be part of a Burgoyne trade - a suggestion the Hawks rejected.
That Lewis was not on the table holds ramifications for Kennedy, given the latter is behind the premiership player in the midfield pecking order. Hawthorn has also had some discussions with North Melbourne over Josh Gibson, with the Hawks willing to offer their second-round pick, No. 25, but talks have not progressed far.

maybe.....

After reading some of the other boards i got the feeling people where being a bit unrealistic with some of the names bandied about, so i thought i'd start a thread asking you thoughts on players "on the table" and what you'd give up for them...............

I'll go first:

Shane Tuck - 4th or 5th round pick

Shaun Burgerring (spelling) - Leon Davis + 2nd round pick

Josh Gibson - Tyson Goldsack + 4th pick

Daniel Kerr - Sharrod Wellingham + 3rd round

Barry Hall - 3rd or 4th pick or Scott Reed

Andrew Lovett - 2nd rd + Tyson Goldsack

Matt MaGuire - 3rd or 4th pick

Brett Peak - 3rd or 4th pick

Steven Salopeck - 3rd pick

Daniel Pearce - 3rd pick

Luke Ball - 2nd rd

you are an absolute moron!

shane tuck - why the fk would we need him? he isnt good enough for richmond's side yet coll should look at him? pfft

kerr - wellingham + 3rd rnd - all i will say to that is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the rest im not even going to bother - there are really some uneducated ppl on here

Tranquilli37 said:
Im not too sure whom Port would be after, but im surprised that Vic temas havnt tried to get their hands on Salopek. He is one of those players who doesnt seem to be getting enough game time, and may want to return home to Vic.

2nd rounder?

i would love to see Lovett and Ball in collingwoods clours next year and if we could also get McGlyn and/or Kennedy. Picking up these players would free up players of Davis, Didak and Thomas to roam the forward line. That way we could plat a Reid or Dawes in the forward line with quality goal snapping players. Cause as we have seen them 3 have not been to be proven on ballers come big games or finals

I'd take McGlynn, he was in my Supercoach team, and was a very good points scorer towards the end of the year.

Young, tough, not that skilled but can find the ball.

And he has wasy more future games in him then a Luke Ball.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Ben&surname=McGlynn

There's his Fanfooty page, he had a good second half of the season.

2nd round pick, or 3rd round and a player, YES.

I'd prefer we chased Kennedy over McGlynn tbh. He is a much better option than Tuck and Harris and would add that physicality and extra clearance player we lack. Will still be around with our developing mids as well. I'd do it for our second round pick - he has been linked to Sydneys 3rd rounder AFAIK so a 2nd rounder seems about right.

Alright here goes.. i'll try to be realistic..

Medhurst to Fremantle
Tarrant to Collingwood

Davis and 2nd Round Pick to West Coast
Spangher and First Round Pick to Collingwood

Pick 7, Spangher and Dawes to Carlton
Fevola to Collingwood

pick 14 to saints
Luke Ball to Collingwood

3rd Round to Brisbane
Charman to Collingwood

Losses - pick 7, pick 14, 3rd round pick, Medhurst, Davis, Dawes
Gains - Luke Ball, Fevola, Tarrant, Charman

TEAM

B: Shaw Tarrant Goldsack

HB: Maxwell N.Brown O'Brien

C: Thomas PendleburyReid

HF: Didak Cloke Macaffer

F: Dick Fevola Anthony

R: Charman Swan Ball

INT: Fraser/Wood, B.Johnson/Lockyer, Sidebottom, Beams

Not Selected - O'Bree, Wellingham, Toovey, Rusling. McCarthy, L.Brown

Probably going to get crucified like most suggestions on here..

But personally, i believe our premiership window is the next 3 years.

As much as i love Davis and Medhurst, they aren't going to win finals for us as its already been proven..

Add an 80 + goals a year Full Forward who can match it with the likes of scarlett and lake and we are a genuine threat. Would force us to play a more direct style of football..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back