Preview Round 1: Carlton V Richmond @ MCG, 02/04/15, 7.20pm AEST. (FREE LIKES!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uggh!
Now that the team is named I have Carltank comeback PTSD.
Now its
giphy.gif

By 7.00 tomorrow it'll be a schizoid mix of

giphy.gif

and
giphy.gif

I love / hate / love round 1.

I like the Lloyd selection. Vickery omission is interesting. I'd rather Petterd or Lennon over Newman.

Happy to see Simon White in their side. That guy is shithouse (in before backfire)

He will now turn into gablett

After watching all the Jeep propaganda in the pre-season video this week, for some reason I finished with a lot more faith in the match committee. That little window into a room with a half-dozen coaches and staff... magnets all over a board; match-ups, over-analysis of strengths etc. There's a reason for the 22 blokes selected each week- Dimma's favourites aside, it's not a rushed or offhand decision.
Wrong.
Dimma picks his favourites and then throws darts at a board to pick the rest.
His game plan consists of huh, I dunno, and the always popular WTF!
image.jpg

Carlton apparently having a navy blue blimp inside the mcg

Wtf its not a circus. Blimps, hovocrafts whats next

Is it called Fev ??

I predict zero impact for Macintosh. Will s**t himself
I'm so happy we are promoting youth but he was cramping up in the 3rd quarter against Norf. Simpson , Daisy Thomas ans Curnow will run his legs off into his own head. Happy to be proven wrong. Should bring him in against the doggies. 4 points 4 points we want the 4 *en points is it that hard.

I'd have him in for Newy/Gordo.... Can't believe Newy has been picked tbh.

Think the other problem with that line up is it's reliance on JR to kick goals. TV has been a good foil against Carlton in previous seasons, however his pre-season form has been worrying. Lloyd in will help but we may need to isolate Dusty, Lids and Cotch at different times to break it up. JR doesn't generally get it done against Carlton on the scoreboard, well not without Bootsma playing!
Not pointing the finger at you PC but no one would believe me when I said Newman would be picked round 1 regardless of form. Now he's had open heart surgery and no practise games and he's been picked . Pmsl I'm convinced Hardwick doesn't like earning 600k a year .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so happy we are promoting youth but he was cramping up in the 3rd quarter against Norf. Simpson , Daisy Thomas ans Curnow will run his legs off into his own head. Happy to be proven wrong. Should bring him in against the doggies. 4 points 4 points we want the 4 ****en points is it that hard.
The players were trained hard on the Thursday before the North game. They will have tapered for this. McIntosh is in our top 2-3 runners. If he can't run out the game no one will.

McIntosh will either improve on his preseason form and start to break out of his shell, or he will s**t his pants.

It's a risk to play him but there is just something about this kid that makes you think he can reach the top level. **** I'm excited!!
Great post , I saw him cramp up against Norf just before 3 qtr time ( thought hed done a hammy for a bit) so let's hope they've got this right cause there is always next week against the Doggies then Brisbane and then Melb but I'm sure Newman being out there with him to calm his nerves will be a positive .

Not pointing the finger at you PC but no one would believe me when I said Newman would be picked round 1 regardless of form. Now he's had open heart surgery and no practise games and he's been picked . Pmsl I'm convinced Hardwick doesn't like earning 600k a year .

I can see a case for him playing on the back of solid form.... not coming off heart surgery, however minor.

Will surely be a late out....

McIntosh the other interesting one.... looks promising but what a game to find out.... or maybe that is the point.

I don't like Lloyd or Gordon. Just wish we could have snapped up Cockatoo to replace this position. Hopefully we get that quick crafty small soon.

Don't mind Vickery being out. Until he impacts contests we can't play him. He's got the physical attributes there, hopefully the squibbish nature can be beat out of him.

Newman will be solid. It seems we are saying...lets make sure our bottom 5 are solid and allow our better top half dominate. Better than risking it with guys who are so hot and cold.

I don't think Lennon has really showed enough to have the outcry on here. He will be a good player no doubt but needs time and I don't mind it.

Finally footy is back. Quietly confident of a Tigers win, especially with Mick's claim that the he can't see the Blues losing a game in 2015. Maybe he can claim that AFTER Round 1. Happy with the side as there's no one to be unhappy about. Prefer Griffiths at CHF than Vickery at the moment, but I see Vickery being a lock down forward as the season settles down. Newman is interesting selection. Very happy with MacIntosh debut. Looking forward to seeing Taylor-Hunt in tiger's colours. I really think this is the break out year for Griffiths. Martin will dominate.

Tigers by 30+ Points.

I can see a case for him playing on the back of solid form.... not coming off heart surgery, however minor.

Will surely be a late out....

McIntosh the other interesting one.... looks promising but what a game to find out.... or maybe that is the point.
In fairness McIntosh has shown just as much as Relton Roberts did before debuting. Why is everyone convinced Newman will be a late out . What is the theory behind this bold and highly strategic move ?

Don't be too Hard on yourself . He's the perfect back up ruckman . Grab Goldstien and Maric and Griggs will just increase in value week after week until you trade him out for a 700k mid. his numbers won't even drop if Maric gets injured
Exactly my thoughts man!
But it just felt so... wrong.

He's had solid preseason form. Good numbers. Hats off to him.

McIntosh!! Would be really nice if the 2nd and 3rd round picks over the least few years drafts all can keep popping up! Been a while. Who do we have playing other than Griff and Mac who were post round 1 in the ND? (excluding trades etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back