Game Day Round 18, Fremantle v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tho I realise we did finish 3rd, we beat WCE in Round 21 2006 118-61.
Take a breath folks.
We are a good side who had a shocker.

True it was a shocker - i honestly just can't see how a performance like that can be turned in knowing the level that we can play at. It's got to be above the shoulders - theres no other way to look at it. We were exposed to day for thinking it was going to be a walk in the park - good reminder that on any given day we will be exposed if we're off by 5%

that must be why you lost ...

Don't be an antagonist s**t, that poster never said it was why we lost, in case you've missed it Freo fans aren't too happy with their team right now and I would treat lightly if I was you.

Feel bad for Seppo having to sit through that s**t and then clean the mess on here up too.

Bitching about the commentators when we just got done by last place by 10 goals...

I didn't realise they started the game with a 10 goal handicap. Freo's performance, the umpires and the commentators are all worthy things to bitch about it's just a matter of your priority ;)

Except he does't know how to pronounce Fremantle.

Or the names of any Fremantle players, is it really that wrong to be upset that commentators display not even an iota of professionalism?

I didn't realise they started the game with a 10 goal handicap. Freo's performance, the umpires and the commentators are all worthy things to bitch about it's just a matter of your priority ;)

Oh don't get me wrong, I hate derm as much as anyone else, but I think the horrific loss is a bit more bitch-worthy at this point.

No-one is blaming the umpires completely, but the game would have been a lot closer if things were officiated correctly.
No one to blame but the mind set of the players.
As much as I hate Derm he made a good point regarding lack of celebration by team mates after Mora's first goal in 4 years.
Must admit though whilst the commentators were on the St Kilda bandwagon some of the non decisions by the Umps looked as they were on the same train.
Still that rates as the worst Freo performance that I can remember and I have supported them from their very first game.

Stuff talking about the commentators or umpires as they had absolutely no bearing on the result. Congratulations to St Kilda as they played exactly the way I expected us to. Exerted tremendous pressure and gave us no space at all yet creatyed their own space by running very hard.

Our run was just non existant, unless you are prepAred to call jogging around as "gut running". Fyfey I'm looking at yuou as the only time I saw you putting in was once in the third quarter when you kicked a goal - other than that youi looked top be out for a weekend jog.

The only ones who could possible hold their heads up were Duffield, ayne, Pearce & Clarke. Other than these we were soundly beaten in all positions.

I hate to say it but Pav you have to consider the future especially after your last couple of games.

Lachie Neal;e try kicking with your left foot, at least you may not stuff it up as much.

I hope that ;ast week was very hard on the track as There are no excuses for what was served up today.

Thta's my rant for the moment.

We are pathetic today. Everyone has been poor
Mcpharlin poor. Pavlich worse than poor
Sylvia morobito Griffen tabiner not taking their chances
Our midfield was unbelievably terrible

Not sure what to think about this game?........???????????
Pavlich was again being manhandled and should have received about 5 free kicks .
We were the flattest I have seen for the whole season .
Sylvia should not get another game for Fremantle he was useless . Sutcliffe WTF , Johnson was terrible and Suban just wanted to have a fight all day .
Mzungu's worst game since he was recruited ,even Mundy couldn't hits a barn door today .
Thank Christ for the weeks break so that RTB and the match committee can find some answers .
Mcpharlin appears to have reinjured the calf again as he sat on the bench for the last quarter .
We really missed Sandi , Ballas and Hill today .

North, Hawthorn and WC fans probably think Christmas has come early.
We're not too unhappy either, this could put us back in the 4. Mind you after our recent performances Melbourne will probably still do us. :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only ones who could possible hold their heads up were Duffield, ayne, Pearce & Clarke. Other than these we were soundly beaten in all positions.

I hate to say it but Pav you have to consider the future especially after your last couple of games.

Lachie Neal;e try kicking with your left foot, at least you may not stuff it up as much.

I hope that ;ast week was very hard on the track as There are no excuses for what was served up today.

Thta's my rant for the moment.

Pearce did well to get his disposal up to 47% by end of game. It was worse early on. Had clanger after clanger in a shocking first half.

We're not too unhappy either, this could put us back in the 4. Mind you after our recent performances Melbourne will probably still do us. :oops:

Sydney will be happy too but I was thinking more along the lines of fanbases with chips on their shoulders when it comes to Freo, Port fans are pretty good.

No one to blame but the mind set of the players.
As much as I hate Derm he made a good point regarding lack of celebration by team mates after Mora's first goal in 4 years.
Must admit though whilst the commentators were on the St Kilda bandwagon some of the non decisions by the Umps looked as they were on the same train.
Still that rates as the worst Freo performance that I can remember and I have supported them from their very first game.

Why would everyone on the pitch run in to celebrate a teammates goal when we're 40 points down to the 18th team? It should be a feeling of determination to get better, not prep the Mexican wave.

If I was Ross and I saw everyone going mental for Mora AGAIN I would have questioned where our heads are at. This was his third week back and we can't keep going through this Morabito's first... thing for ever.

No-one is blaming the umpires completely, but the game would have been a lot closer if things were officiated correctly.

You are kidding aren't you? If anything the final margin flattered the Dockers completely. Had the Saints converted their absolute domination into goals instead of behinds Freo would have been going home with an 85 plus loss to their name. Umpires had no influence whatsoever on result or margin.

You are kidding aren't you? If anything the final margin flattered the Dockers completely. Had the Saints converted their absolute domination into goals instead of behinds Freo would have been going home with an 85 plus loss to their name. Umpires had no influence whatsoever on result or margin.

Agreed but feel free to * right off to your own board thanks.

Don't come on here looking for a fight, after that type of loss you are likely to get a holiday

Can't believe anyone is even thinking of complaining about the umpires or the commentators! I couldn't look past our pathetic team tonight to even think about the umpires or the commentators :(

This is the nightmare we all have and never want to see come to fruition.

To think we were looking at top spot before the Round and by the end of it we'll most likely be out of it at 5th. Our percentage is our enemy now and will have to win all our last 5 games and rely on other results to make Top 2; at the moment we will be reaching for Top 4.

How in the holy * does a god-awful team like St Kilda decide in nano seconds that they are the best team in the comp. No fumbles, the ball bounced their way every single time - not one thing went wrong for them. Absolute bat-s**t insane.

You can understand approaching the game too confident and mentally not being right to start against the bottom team.....hence giving them a 5 or 6 goal start. However we should have come out after half time breathing fire but instead we let them kick 6.8 for the quarter...that is unexplainable and pathetic!

As for the commentators - it's natural that when something unique happens in the like of Little takes on Big it can be exciting and and good television. Unfortunately our commentators persistently cross the line when it comes to us (and other inter-state sides) and can't contain their blatant joy and campaigning. Fremantle losing to Vic sides is good on any day but especially when it boosts the chances of other Vic sides to compete for ladder spots.

The whole 'YES!!!' and 'Could we dream of this upset? Could we hope for this upset' - these comments are unbelievably unprofessional and none of these hacks would get a job commentating any other sport in any other part of the globe. The AFL's policy on continually hiring 'legends' of the Game and other prominent figures (majority are Vics) ensures we will never see an objective, unbiased sporting media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back